Home General Discussion

Forum Suggestion: The Weekly Cigar

Click here to take survey

Fill out the two questions - you need to choose at least 5 cigars to add to our list of cigars to smoke. I will post the results and we will smoke them in order of highest demand to lowest demand.
PLEASE ONLY TAKE THE SURVEY ONCE!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it would be really cool to have a designated night (say, Friday or Saturday evenings) where we choose a cigar to smoke, and everyone who has one, smokes it that evening, and then joins in on a discussion about it.

We could even make a list of 10 (or so) cigars to smoke, and then set dates for them so that people have a chance to send them out to others, buy them, etc.

thoughts?

Comments

• taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    i think that is a cool idea, id be up for it if i can get a hold of the specific cigars
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    taythegibs:
    i think that is a cool idea, id be up for it if i can get a hold of the specific cigars
    We could do some popular ones, and then throw in some more rare ones which might facilitate some sharing between BOTLs. I don't know if we should do super premiums (only because I lack them lol, and this whole idea would have been a futile effort)
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GREAT idea I think! Would be a fun way to build some community between new and old members and to have a "virtual" herf across the country... way kewl man!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    oldsoulrevival:
    taythegibs:
    We could do some popular ones, and then throw in some more rare ones which might facilitate some sharing between BOTLs. I don't know if we should do super premiums (only because I lack them lol, and this whole idea would have been a futile effort)

what specific cigars are you thinking about this starting off with?
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I actually do something very similar to this on my site. It's called CigarChat and I host it every Thursday. Here is a link to the thread in the Ratings and Reviews section of the forum CigarChat Thread

We have guests scheduled to join us most weeks. This week we are hosting George Rodriguez, the owner of Rodrigo Cigars. George will be on hand to do a Q&A and a giveaway. We start at 4pm Pacific and it usually goes on for a few hours.

Here is a link to my site, you can just click on the CigarChat banner to see join in and see the upcoming guests RobbyRasReviews.com

I'm fortunate enough to have some great guests coming up included Skip Martin (maker of CroMagnon), Eddie Ortega and Jon Huber (Owner of Crowned Heads and maker of Four Kicks) along with a few others. When there are no guests scheduled, I'll pick a specific cigar for us to smoke. I do a live review which incorporates the feedback and comments of the readers. It's a lot of fun. You guys should check it out. Several board members are regular participants!
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I think it's a good idea especially like that anyone can particpate and if your busy then you don't. Very nice.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    With enough notice and planning, I'd do something like this!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    uh... have at it.
    you can start a thread every week. post it on monday (so people could get it if they want it) smoke it on friday. Discuss all weekend.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    I think this would be pretty cool to do. Maybe do it a month in advance so people get a few weeks or so to trade or buy the stick. Give it a go!
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I'm in.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Anyone have a premium Skype account that will support a party call?
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I have the week 1 list

Opus X Lost City Lancero

Arturo Fuente Anerjo No. 77 Cameroon "Sand Shark"
    Any Tat monster series coronas
    Thompson Black Label
    Gurkha HMR
    Cohiba Behike
    2004 Forbidden X Chili Pepper
    Thompson USA
    Corojo #5 El Gigante – Gran Habano
    Louixs – Grand Metropolitan Company

Pick wisely!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    scarlin:
    I have the week 1 list

Opus X Lost City Lancero

Thompson Black Label
    Gurkha HMR
    Cohiba Behike
    Thompson USA

Pick wisely!
    I only have 1 on that list lol
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    All those cigars look great but the only one I've ever had was the Lost city. Love to review the Behlke and when I find one one day I'm down.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    scarlin:
    I have the week 1 list

Opus X Lost City Lancero

Thompson Black Label
    Gurkha HMR
    Cohiba Behike
    Thompson USA

Pick wisely!
    I have none of them.
    JHewey:
    scarlin:
    I have the week 1 list

Opus X Lost City Lancero

Thompson Black Label
    Gurkha HMR
    Cohiba Behike
    Thompson USA

Pick wisely!
    I have none of them.
    +1 to that!
    scarlin:
    I have the week 1 list

Opus X Lost City Lancero

Thompson Black Label
    Gurkha HMR
    Cohiba Behike
    Thompson USA

Pick wisely!
    and you have to smoke all 10 on friday! lol!...

We can use this thread to discuss what other cigars we want to smoke together, and then every week, I will post a new thread where we talk about what we are smoking that week. We should come up with a few to start off so that people can get ahead and get the cigars ready for upcoming weeks.

Later I will post a few of the cigars I think would be good to do, and we will go from there.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I like this idea. I'm in. Scarlin's got quite a list of smokes picked out, can't say I have or have tried any of those. Maybe a list with a little more availability?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    maybe it should be a bit more accessible of a cigar. i mean seriously? Sand shark? HMR?
    i think i may have missed some sarcasm in here.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Some of y'all need to check your sarcasm meters me thinks. I mean, not only did he list a $750 dollar cigar, he included a couple of the dreaded "T" word cigars!!
    Heavy:
    Some of y'all need to check your sarcasm meters me thinks. I mean, not only did he list a $750 dollar cigar, he included a couple of the dreaded "T" word cigars!!
    This^ lol
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Don't forget the gran habano as pictured below..

More in this link: http://nicetightash.com/gran-habano-cigars-unveils-new-corojo-no-5-gigante/
    Heavy:
    Do the HMRs have the green wax on top? Cause I think I know of a place selling them for around $50 a shot if so
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Heavy:
    Do the HMRs have the green wax on top? Cause I think I know of a place selling them for around $50 a shot if so
    You know it! Those are the ones I have anyway. I keep them right next to my glass top box of authentic isom Cohibas. Ya just gotta know where to find the bargains! lol
    I did have a neighbor bring back (from Ecaudor I think) a couple bundles of 'isom' cohibas and montes that he bought for about a buck a piece. I didn't have the heart to say anything to him he was so excited.

Sorry to threadjack -- i think this sounds like a really cool idea. I'd be up for it if the timing was right and i had the stick....not from scarlin's list though!
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Heavy:
    Yep. But if you paid $50 for an infused Gurk, I would drive to Fargo and slap you. lol
    Sorry man, i thought you were joking. I've never seen an HMR so i have no idea. I'll probably never smoke a $50 cigar much less a $750 cigar so I never really bothered checking them out. If that's for real though I would be pissed if i was stupid enough to have paid full price for one!
    BigT06:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Heavy:
    Yep. But if you paid $50 for an infused Gurk, I would drive to Fargo and slap you. lol
    They are the ones I am thinking of then...$50 a stick and they had a full box of em, BARF
    Maybe buy them and return them to Ccom at full retail for 2 armada chests? ;)
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    scarlin:
    I have the week 1 list

Opus X Lost City Lancero

Thompson Black Label
    Gurkha HMR
    Cohiba Behike
    Thompson USA

Pick wisely!

Haha. Nice. I guess I will see you for week 2!
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    scarlin:
    I have the week 1 list

Opus X Lost City Lancero

Thompson Black Label
    Gurkha HMR
    Cohiba Behike
    Thompson USA

Pick wisely!
    Ok I've got them. Which one do we start with?