Home General Discussion
Options

LP9 and mold...

I check my humidor every few days, looking for obvious signs of mold, or to rotate cigars if need be, organize, etc...

well, today, i found 2 of my 2.5yrs old LP9 suddenly had blue mold pop up on the foot... not on the wrapper, not on my humidor's wood... just on the foot... clipped 1/4 inch off and no more mold... smoked em both too (double fisting. lmao), tasted just fine.

Humi always sits at 68-70% humidity, and hovers around 72F for most of the year... This mold was just straight blue, no green, no white, just straight blue and not too incredibly fuzzy either.

I have the foot saved from each stick, since I cut it off. Ill take pics in the AM as I'm beat and dont feel like dealing with it right now...

Should I pull everything and wipe the humi down? no mold before this, and I never noticed it before on these sticks... sooooo bummed out... mold at 68% humidity. fml.

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happend to me with a T52 about 4 months ago. Clipped off the mold and smoked it right away. My other sticks had no signs of mold. ( I keep mine at 65-68% ,150 ct humi.) I've been checking on them every single day since then. No signs of mold as of yet.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR