Home General Discussion

Let's play Name That Partagas!

robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
Ok, so I got this as part of a pass awhile back... I can't remember who I got it from or what pass it was, but it looks like it has some age on it... the cello has a serious tinge to it... so I'd say it's at least 2 years old... but I know NOTHING about this stick... I goggled it, but found very little to go on... I have seen a few on here lately that are in a glass tube with the same green band though... who knows about it?

2012-03-28_13-19-33_707
2012-03-28_13-19-43_855
2012-03-28_13-20-02_836

Thanks for the help guys!

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I could be wrong....but I am d@mn jealous as that looks ike a Limited Reserve 1998
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    that was one of the sticks I saw when I goggled it, but the 1998 has an orange second band with the year on it... so I feel like it's something else... this is where my confusion lies
    Vulchor:
    I could be wrong....but I am d@mn jealous as that looks ike a Limited Reserve 1998
    oh, I take it back... maybe you're right Vulcher... Is this it?
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    That would be my best guess
    yeah, it just seems strange that all of them have the orange band except for that one site... if anyone else has an idea, let me know... I wish I could remember which pass I got it from... it was something toward the end of last year I think
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    All I know is that it is called a limited reserve. The decadas are in the glass tube. i didn't know they differentiated between the limited reserve line.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im fairly sure that Vulchor is correct here. Bands are added or taken off for whatever reason. everything points to Limited Reserve 1998
    I was hoping to get some feedback from Kuzi on this one... your word is solid as oak for me... thanks guys!
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    This is one of the best Non-Cuban Partagas cigar. Partagas made them in 1998 with Cameroon wrapper, Mexican binder and Dominican and Mexican filler. The cigar is medium bodied and has very distinctive flower, lemony flavor. I have a good collection of these cigar and I only smoke them in the morning to enjoy the delicate flavor. Partagas made them in four different sizes- 5.00 x 38; 6.25 x 47; 5.50 x 49; 6.75 x 43. I will post a picture soon.
    robbyras:
    Ok, so I got this as part of a pass awhile back... I can't remember who I got it from or what pass it was, but it looks like it has some age on it... the cello has a serious tinge to it... so I'd say it's at least 2 years old... but I know NOTHING about this stick... I goggled it, but found very little to go on... I have seen a few on here lately that are in a glass tube with the same green band though... who knows about it?

2012-03-28_13-19-33_707
    2012-03-28_13-19-43_855
    2012-03-28_13-20-02_836

Thanks for the help guys!
    The one comes with orange band is completely different cigar. They also comes in four sizes as No. I, II, III and IV. The name of that line is Partagas Decadas Limited Reserve. Decada line use the same 10 years age Cameroon wrapper but with Honduran binder, Dominican/Nicaraguan(Ometepe) filler. Decada has more body and spiciness but still medium.. Both are great cigars. I am at work now, I will post both of the pictures when I go home.
    robbyras:
    yeah, it just seems strange that all of them have the orange band except for that one site... if anyone else has an idea, let me know... I wish I could remember which pass I got it from... it was something toward the end of last year I think
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    The one comes with orange band is completely different cigar. They also comes in four sizes as No. I, II, III and IV. The name of that line is Partagas Decadas Limited Reserve. Decada line use the same 10 years age Cameroon wrapper but with Honduran binder, Dominican/Nicaraguan(Ometepe) filler. Decada has more body and spiciness but still medium.. Both are great cigars. I am at work now, I will post both of the pictures when I go home.
    well color me wrong.
    good lookin out rzaman
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    rzaman is correct this once same in a gift set with tins and a thing of matches. I remember getting the set back a couple of years ago and it was a good smoke.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Yes, I can add to this. I purchased a box of these with the green band in 1997. They looked identical to your picture. I still have the certificate with the lot# packaging & release date etc. This cigar gave me my first real 'moment' with a cigar, sitting on my deck listening to the first Pearl Jam CD and having a couple of drinks. That particular cigar experience was incredible. I'm glad rzaman explained the difference between the orange band and the green, it had been bothering me for some time as I could not find any reference to the green band in 1997.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    I have one of those. I don't remember who I got it from though. I'm thinking Todd.
    As promised, here is the picture of Partagas Limited Reserve:Photobucket Partagas Decadas Limited Reserve:Photobucket
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    I have one of those. I don't remember who I got it from though. I'm thinking Todd.
    Justin, which Todd? Me or the impersonator, lol. Sorry BigT, I just had too. I remember sending one of these out but don't know who. I thought it could have been Robby but I don't remember what I am sending out and to whom once the box is sealed.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    As promised, here is the picture of Partagas Limited Reserve:Photobucket Partagas Decadas Limited Reserve:Photobucket
    hmmmm... what else are you hiding in that box? ;P
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    JHewey:
    Justin, which Todd? Me or the impersonator, lol. Sorry BigT, I just had too. I remember sending one of these out but don't know who. I thought it could have been Robby but I don't remember what I am sending out and to whom once the box is sealed.
    You. Im pretty sure I don't remember. All I know is I have one. With cello that is yellow!!!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    bandyt09:
    JHewey:
    You. Im pretty sure I don't remember. All I know is I have one. With cello that is yellow!!!
    Hmm, sounds like me. I may have sent one to both you and Rob, I'll have to see if I have any left, LOL.
    Kuzi, you know way more than me about cigar. I am still learning.
    kuzi16:
    rzaman:
    well color me wrong.
    good lookin out rzaman