Home Ratings & Reviews

Smoke 'n' Post: Diesel Unholy Cocktail

Click here to take survey

Fill out the two questions - you need to choose at least 5 cigars to add to our list of cigars to smoke. I will post the results and we will smoke them in order of highest demand to lowest demand.
PLEASE ONLY TAKE THE SURVEY ONCE!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discussion will start at approx 9:00 on March 30th (tonight).

You can start a little before or come in a little later.

Comments

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully I'll be able to make it, but work has been a beast today... Maybe if I had one legitimate run I'd would be worth the hassle. With any luck I'll be here to chat. Thanks for the awesome idea, soul!
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok to be drankin? lol
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    All I can dig up is a Diesel Shorty
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Smoke it and post it - it will be interesting to see what you think of the shorty compared to the UHCs we are all smoking.

Btw, I think the new name for these weekly discussions is going to be "Smoke 'n' Post"
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    oldsoulrevival:
    Smoke it and post it - it will be interesting to see what you think of the shorty compared to the UHCs we are all smoking.

Btw, I think the new name for these weekly discussions is going to be "Smoke 'n' Post"
    now that is catchy!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I've got to hand it to you.....this could be like one big gang rape cigar review. Gang cigar reviews from Ccom......this could get interesting in seeing what each person experiences in each third with the same cigar all at once in a given thread. Differences between vitola's, palate's, pairings, etc.., all in one swoop is very cool and I think would be very beneficial. Not a UHC fan myself, but I will do my best to join in the future. This could be something that sets Ccom apart from every other blog...not that it isn't already, but I think this is a unique idea.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    It's already below freezing outside! I'm gonna have to drink A LOT to keep the mojo going lol.
    bigharpoon:
    It's already below freezing outside! I'm gonna have to drink A LOT to keep the mojo going lol.
    That sux man lol its a brisk 81 degrees where i am at =)
    my diesel uhc i found the wrapper is all brown
    jj20030:
    my diesel uhc i found the wrapper is all brown

Dude, that sux!
    The cello or the cigars actual wrapper?
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Alright boys a grills, I'm getting ready to fire up my UHC. Decided on the one with about 16 months on it unless someone talks me into grabbing a fresh(er) one instead within about five minutes...
    jj20030:
    ok to be drankin? lol
    That's pretty much a prerequisite in these parts brother!
    Heavy:
    Alright boys a grills, I'm getting ready to fire up my UHC. Decided on the one with about 16 months on it unless someone talks me into grabbing a fresh(er) one instead within about five minutes...
    im personally going with one with a month on it ( cause that is all i have) so i would like to hear how these bad boys age. So i am going to encourage you to stick with the one you picked =)
    Imgembo:
    Heavy:
    im personally going with one with a month on it ( cause that is all i have) so i would like to hear how these bad boys age. So i am going to encourage you to stick with the one you picked =)
    Cool. I actually had my only other one with a little age on it a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised at how much spice it still had. I hear 1.5 years is when they really hit their prime that's why I considered holding off. But screw it...here goes

Cutting now. V-cut, Colibri single flame torch lighter to do the honors.
    Imgembo:
    The cello or the cigars actual wrapper?
    both ,lol
    Just clipped the one Todd sent. He picked them up in July 2011, so it should taste most loverly!
    clipping
    Toombes:
    Just clipped the one Todd sent. He picked them up in July 2011, so it should taste most loverly!
    What you don't want one of the fresh ones i sent you?...I dont blame you i tend to reach for my older smokes too...acept i cant seem to keep them around long enough to get old =)
    choo, choo mama,lol
    Imgembo:
    Toombes:
    What you don't want one of the fresh ones i sent you?...I dont blame you i tend to reach for my older smokes too...acept i cant seem to keep them around long enough to get old =)

Who says I haven't sent thos puppies off to their smoky demise already? Truthfully, I did...
    Toombes:
    Imgembo:
    Toombes:

Who says I haven't sent thos puppies off to their smoky demise already? Truthfully, I did...
    lol i know right these things are hard to keep around. I have know idea how any of mine are going to get to their 1.5 year old prime. Hope you enjoyed them though.
    Alright, mine started out with that usual spicy blast promiinent on the tongue/front end with sweetness on the finish, but the spiciness subisded quickly into an oaky-sweet flavor. Now picking up that sweet-cocoa flavor that i love with a bit of spice still on the finsh. This ones a bit smoother than the one I had a couple of weeks ago that had similar age on it. Yum
    Heavy:
    Alright, mine started out with that usual spicy blast promiinent on the tongue/front end with sweetness on the finish, but the spiciness subisded quickly into an oaky-sweet flavor. Now picking up that sweet-cocoa flavor that i love with a bit of spice still on the finsh. This ones a bit smoother than the one I had a couple of weeks ago that had similar age on it. Yum
    agreed, seem like i got a couple kinda citrusy notes too
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Okay. I'm here.

Wow, nearly a year makes these so much smoother. Leather, oak, pepper and, yeah, a bit of citrus! Interesting...
    Toombes:
    Wow, nearly a year makes these so much smoother. Leather, oak, pepper and, yeah, a bit of citrus! Interesting...
    2 even better here, reminds me of the don diego fuerte that i like
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I just picked these up about a month ago. I agree on the sweetness on the finish. Not overly spicey. Very dense heavy smoke coats the palate, the only adjective I can use to describe it is, "meaty".
    jj20030:
    Toombes:
    2 even better here, reminds me of the don diego fuerte that i like

2 yrs... Don't know if I could hold off that long. Picking up a bit more spice in the finish during the second third. Digging it!