Home Ratings & Reviews

Smoke 'n' Post: Diesel Unholy Cocktail

Comments

• jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why am i smiling while smoking this uhc,lol
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Got my corona from 2/11 clipped, lit with matches and on fire! Draw is a bit tight, not from storage I think it might be rolled tight. It's quite firm to the touch. Burning great though. Lotsa pepper up front even after a year's rest. The other flavors are still in the back seat.

I'm pairing with my blue collar Knappogue Castle 12 year single malt and a F-ton of warm clothes.
    Toombes:
    jj20030:
    Toombes:
    Wow, nearly a year makes these so much smoother. Leather, oak, pepper and, yeah, a bit of citrus! Interesting...
    2 even better here, reminds me of the don diego fuerte that i like

2 yrs... Don't know if I could hold off that long. Picking up a bit more spice in the finish during the second third. Digging it!
    well, after i had 1 rott, i gave the rest away until i read reviews on letting them rest to get better, 1st one made my head go,lol, so i bought 5 more and put them away, this is the 1st of those 5, i have a couple newer ones from trades thou
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    just fired mine up! Any one else fell or taste pepper when the first start to smoke it. i can fell it on my lips
    bigharpoon:
    Got my corona from 2/11 clipped, lit with matches and on fire! Draw is a bit tight, not from storage I think it might be rolled tight. It's quite firm to the touch. Burning great though. Lotsa pepper up front even after a year's rest. The other flavors are still in the back seat.

I'm pairing with my blue collar Knappogue Castle 12 year single malt and a F-ton of warm clothes.
    LOL, its about 75 here
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    Toombes:
    jj20030:
    Toombes:
    Wow, nearly a year makes these so much smoother. Leather, oak, pepper and, yeah, a bit of citrus! Interesting...

2 yrs... Don't know if I could hold off that long. Picking up a bit more spice in the finish during the second third. Digging it!
    well, after i had 1 rott, i gave the rest away until i read reviews on letting them rest to get better, 1st one made my head go,lol, so i bought 5 more and put them away, this is the 1st of those 5, i have a couple newer ones from trades thou
    really,,,do tell,,,hmmmmm...lol
    just poped off a dogfish head ipa 60 to finish the 2end half
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    Toombes:
    jj20030:
    Toombes:

wheres your shorty? lol
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Have to pair mine with a Coke(I'm at work...). Goes well with the sweetness in the finish. Can't say I'm getting the pepper taste on my lips, but it's hitting me on the back of the tongue.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Into the second third now. Tons of smoke output! Finish now a sweet powdered cocoa flavor, like that stuff that comes in the packets!
    Initial pepper has subsided, now I'm getting more wood flavor with a slight sweetness.

jj, you're already on the second half? What'ya got that thing in a bong?
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Just hit the second half, too. Much smoke and flavor ensues!!
    bigharpoon:
    Initial pepper has subsided, now I'm getting more wood flavor with a slight sweetness.

jj, you're already on the second half? What'ya got that thing in a bong?
    lol, 50 mins. in
    The retro-hale on this cigar is just pure pleasure on the back of my mouth right now.
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    Toombes:
    jj20030:
    Toombes:

wheres your shorty? lol
    just lit it figured id give you guys a head start
    whoop, just got a nice choco/cocoa hit
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Awesome to see so much activity here!!! I just finished my workout, fellas, so Ill be joining in just a few minutes!! I had to earn my cigar tonight.
    Full body experience. Tingly in my belly from the Scotch. Sweetness is increasing, hint of cocoa possibly but wood is still there. Losing feeling in my fingers.
    meaty/chewy/sweet/yummy/lol
    How's everyone's draw? Mine's pretty loose, but I took generous cut of off the cap...ahh! A moth just flew into my face!
    My corona is still tight. Between that and the cold temps I'm gonna be bummed if tar develops.
    y2pascoe:
    How's everyone's draw? Mine's pretty loose, but I took generous cut of off the cap...ahh! A moth just flew into my face!
    lol, reminds me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP8USm7sABI
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Damn if I didn't get a little tar...yuck...that's what I get for trying a v-cut on this thing i guess. Cut a little further down with a regular cutter which seems to have taken care of it. But I'm going to have to slam a Miller Lite to get rid of that nasty taste. Yeah, I know, Miller Lite. I don't have anything better in the fridge right now but I put it in a TCB coozie so that makes it much better....
    y2pascoe:
    just right/plenty of smoke
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    hahaha, such a fun thread to read.

old soul . . . . great idea
    Heavy:
    Damn if I didn't get a little tar...yuck...that's what I get for trying a v-cut on this thing i guess. Cut a little further down with a regular cutter which seems to have taken care of it. But I'm going to have to slam a Miller Lite to get rid of that nasty taste. Yeah, I know, Miller Lite. I don't have anything better in the fridge right now but I put it in a TCB coozie so that makes it much better....
    oohh, i hate that, yea cut some more off should be ok, had a gran habano 2002 vintage do that once and couldnt hardley get rid of the taste
    jj20030:
    y2pascoe:
    lol, reminds me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP8USm7sABI
    I love that guy!
    y2pascoe:
    lol. V-cut gave a perfect draw but I got some tar...only had that happen a couple of times before. ALways with a maduro and a v-cut or punch. Much looser now that i cut further down, but not too bad. Smoke output increased.
    jj20030:
    Heavy:
    oohh, i hate that, yea cut some more off should be ok, had a gran habano 2002 vintage do that once and couldnt hardley get rid of the taste
    Yep, I'm good now. Nothing a little cut and a beer can't take care of. Actually picked up some of that citrus now that i hadn't detected before.
    initial light up not too much pepper,,tasting ligero