Home Ratings & Reviews

Smoke 'n' Post: Diesel Unholy Cocktail

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Mouthfeel has gone way down. Hardly any pepper left at all, mostly a heavy sweetness, maybe a little cocoa now and then. I can't tell if I'm tasting citrus or just imagining it because the thought has been suggested but something in there tastes great.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Down to the last third and starting to get a little tar. Need to slow my smoke. All of the other flavors are still there though. Nice silvery ash, straight burn mark, plenty of smoke. Gonna have to get some more, put them in the bottom of the trunkidor and cover them up so I don't get tempted.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I'm getting into the final third. Still got great smoke and chocolaty notes. Finish is starting to leave spice on the tip of my tongue.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    I'm getting into the final third. Still got great smoke and chocolaty notes. Finish is starting to leave spice on the tip of my tongue.
    yes
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    AND WE'RE OFF!!! Delicious flavor on the start up - slightly spicy and a bit of chocolate.

oldsoulrevival:
    AND WE'RE OFF!!! Delicious flavor on the start up - slightly spicy and a bit of chocolate.

i like that cutter
    oldsoulrevival:

Someone there with you or are you quadruple fisting?
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    And the tar takes over... As a relative noob, I have to say that the UHC is definitely one of my favorites. The age on mine made a world of difference in the smoothness and the melding of flavors. Everything I remember from having one ROTT are still there but maybe a bit harder to individualize. I noticed leather, charred oak, spices, a bit of earth, some citrus notes and a pant-load of pepper! All of those were delightfully tamed by the sweetness of the finish. Yes, I will most definitely pick up a box to age.
    oldsoul, thank you so much for this wonderful idea and thanks to all who participated by voicing their opinions. What's on for next week?!
    bigharpoon:
    oldsoulrevival:

Someone there with you or are you quadruple fisting?
    that pappy aint cheap either, bet its great whisky
    Toombes:
    And the tar takes over... As a relative noob, I have to say that the UHC is definitely one of my favorites. The age on mine made a world of difference in the smoothness and the melding of flavors. Everything I remember from having one ROTT are still there but maybe a bit harder to individualize. I noticed leather, charred oak, spices, a bit of earth, some citrus notes and a pant-load of pepper! All of those were delightfully tamed by the sweetness of the finish. Yes, I will most definitely pick up a box to age.
    oldsoul, thank you so much for this wonderful idea and thanks to all who participated by voicing their opinions. What's on for next week?!
    yup, i havent had the tar, i clipped it pretty good but i can see it getting oily thou, may have a couple more draws and end it
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    mellowing out a bit..tasting what id like to equate to as one of those chocolate covered cofee beans that one gets at the espresso stops
    wheres my toothpick,lol
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    jj20030:
    wheres my toothpick,lol
    Almost right there with ya, buddy!
    y2pascoe:
    jj20030:
    wheres my toothpick,lol
    Almost right there with ya, buddy!
    Dang, I'm almost to the half-way point of a corona! Cocoa increased. Johnny Cash and Scotch keeping me warm.
    yea, my brother is here with me (Josh says hello). I don't think quadruple fisting bourbon, scotch, and two cigars is a good idea........for anyone.

The whisky is expensive, but it's not about the price - I've had MUCH cheaper bottles that come close: specifically, its younger brother, Eagle Rare 10 ($26).

as for the cigar, the retrohale produced a prominent chocolate flavor unlike I've ever had before. I am not talking chocolate notes, I am talking about straight up chocolate bar. AJ Fernandez is really a phenomenal producer - Ive yet to try anything from him that doesn't impress me.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    Ha! That's awesome!
    This is a stout stick,,back to ligero
    and for the record, the draw is PERFECT. Not too loose, not too tight, and it's producing TONS of smoke.

NOTE: Josh and I just tried each other's cigars, and they are two VERY different cigars. The flavor on his is slightly more mild, and his draw is a bit tighter. So maybe, after reading this thread so far, we can agree that they are not the most consistent with regards to draw, but the burn and flavor is very consistent. Both of our burns are perfect, as is AJF's calling card.
    wow, bring it on,lol, choco, yea
    The Kid:
    This is a stout stick,,back to ligero
    How old is the one ya got?
    jj20030:

Like it that much, ey?

• HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Cocoa picked way back up at the end here, but it's starting to get a little hot. Couple more puffs and I'm out.

Oldsoul - GREAT idea bro! Thanks for coming up with this...this was very cool. Y'all enjoy the rest of your evenings!
    ive tried to tell some of my buds that try to get into cigars sometimes you just have to get to the end to see whats its all about, yes
    no tellin.. Picked it up from Icpleel in my pass' gratuity bag,, Thanks Isaac!
    Heavy:
    Cocoa picked way back up at the end here, but it's starting to get a little hot. Couple more puffs and I'm out.

Oldsoul - GREAT idea bro! Thanks for coming up with this...this was very cool. Y'all enjoy the rest of your evenings!
    same here, great idea and great smoke with about 2 years rest for sure/awesome
    Heavy:

Glad it was so popular tonight. we should definitely make this a regular thing. Anyone else still herfing?
    jj20030:
    ive tried to tell some of my buds that try to get into cigars sometimes you just have to get to the end to see whats its all about, yes
    +1 I really like that... too true
    I'm here. Cocoa and ligero. Scotch. Johnny Cash. Hypothermia. Good times!