Home Ratings & Reviews

Smoke 'n' Post: Diesel Unholy Cocktail

Comments

• ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Toombes:
    And the tar takes over... As a relative noob, I have to say that the UHC is definitely one of my favorites. The age on mine made a world of difference in the smoothness and the melding of flavors. Everything I remember from having one ROTT are still there but maybe a bit harder to individualize. I noticed leather, charred oak, spices, a bit of earth, some citrus notes and a pant-load of pepper! All of those were delightfully tamed by the sweetness of the finish. Yes, I will most definitely pick up a box to age.
    oldsoul, thank you so much for this wonderful idea and thanks to all who participated by voicing their opinions. What's on for next week?!
    I am not getting any citrus off mine. Still delicous though. I personaly just love this one because of the nic kick i get from it. These these things are just so relaxing to smoke. I cant wait to try one with some age on it!
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so march madness says till sat. , does that mean tonight dd is the last deal for march madness or tomorrow at midnight?
    Imgembo:
    Toombes:
    And the tar takes over... As a relative noob, I have to say that the UHC is definitely one of my favorites. The age on mine made a world of difference in the smoothness and the melding of flavors. Everything I remember from having one ROTT are still there but maybe a bit harder to individualize. I noticed leather, charred oak, spices, a bit of earth, some citrus notes and a pant-load of pepper! All of those were delightfully tamed by the sweetness of the finish. Yes, I will most definitely pick up a box to age.
    oldsoul, thank you so much for this wonderful idea and thanks to all who participated by voicing their opinions. What's on for next week?!
    I am not getting any citrus off mine. Still delicous though. I personaly just love this one because of the nic kick i get from it. These these things are just so relaxing to smoke. I cant wait to try one with some age on it!
    how much rest
    looks like mine was about 1 hour 30 mins.
    jj20030:
    so march madness says till sat. , does that mean tonight dd is the last deal for march madness or tomorrow at midnight?
    I think so. In terms of the other march madness... cant wait to see my hawks win tommorow.
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Imgembo:
    Toombes:
    Yeah, I am not getting any citrus either. Delicious, though.
    bigharpoon:
    I'm here. Cocoa and ligero. Scotch. Johnny Cash. Hypothermia. Good times!
    What vintage of hypothermia are you having?
    sure thinking about a sweet one now like a fuente anejo,lol
    oldsoulrevival:
    Imgembo:
    Toombes:
    didnt catch a whole lot, just a few hints, to me anyway
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Finished mine with about an inch left. It started canoeing a bit and the draw got hot so I snuffed it. Total smoke time about 65 minutes. Solid smoking experience. I've never aged these, so I'm taking that into account in my final thoughts. I didn't find really any complexities to this cigar, but the constant smooth, cocoa flavors with a tinge of spice more than made up for it. I always disregarded buying a box just for the fact that they come in 30 to box, but in hindsight, picking up one for aging doesn't seem like a bad idea at all. The few I have left I'm going to try and hold onto for a while and see what time does with them. From everyones comments on the ones you've aged, I don't think time could do anything to this cigar but justice.

Great idea doing this, Oldsoul. Really got me paying attention to the cigar, which is something I rarely to do to such a degree.

So. What's next???
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'm getting decent complexity from mine. All the flavors mentioned keep taking turns at the lead.
    y2pascoe:
    Finished mine with about an inch left. It started canoeing a bit and the draw got hot so I snuffed it. Total smoke time about 65 minutes. Solid smoking experience. I've never aged these, so I'm taking that into account in my final thoughts. I didn't find really any complexities to this cigar, but the constant smooth, cocoa flavors with a tinge of spice more than made up for it. I always disregarded buying a box just for the fact that they come in 30 to box, but in hindsight, picking up one for aging doesn't seem like a bad idea at all. The few I have left I'm going to try and hold onto for a while and see what time does with them. From everyones comments on the ones you've aged, I don't think time could do anything to this cigar but justice.

Great idea doing this, Oldsoul. Really got me paying attention to the cigar, which is something I rarely to do to such a degree.

So. What's next???
    My votes are for Ave Maria Reconquista or Man O War Armada
    Body is kicking back up near the finish. Whew!
    Josh is saying he got a little bit of orange peel in his, btw
    Even with the Daily Hottie thread at my fingertips I can't feel my balls anymore. I'm out. Great stick and great herfing with all of you. Great idea Oldsoul. Ciao.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Even with the Daily Hottie thread at my fingertips I can't feel my balls anymore. I'm out. Great stick and great herfing with all of you. Great idea Oldsoul. Ciao.
    lol,, got get some of those hot pockets and put them in key places
    oldsoulrevival:
    y2pascoe:

So. What's next???
    My votes are for Ave Maria Reconquista or Man O War Armada
    Too bad i didnt pic up yesterdays or mondays daily deal great prices on those two smokes right there
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    oldsoulrevival:
    Imgembo:
    Toombes:

The citrus wasn't very prominent, just a touch heare and there floating in the background. Hadn't noticed it with the other UHC's I've smoked. Wonder how this would pair with a Blue Moon Spring Pale Wheat Ale since it's brewed with orange and lemon peel?
    Toombes:
    oldsoulrevival:
    Imgembo:
    Toombes:

The citrus wasn't very prominent, just a touch heare and there floating in the background. Hadn't noticed it with the other UHC's I've smoked. Wonder how this would pair with a Blue Moon Spring Pale Wheat Ale since it's brewed with orange and lemon peel?
    I could pair anything with that beer. Its Fantastic
    Just finished up for the night... Lasted about an hour and a half. Some interesting changes. Although not terrible complex, it held my interest the entire time - perfect draw, perfect burn, and no issues whatsoever. Definitely glad I bought a 10er of these.
    Btw, thanks to everyone for making a really enjoyable smoking experience this evening. I had a lot of fun chatting with everyone. Check the other thread on the gen disc board for talk about next weeks cigar.
    oldsoulrevival:
    Just finished up for the night... Lasted about an hour and a half. Some interesting changes. Although not terrible complex, it held my interest the entire time - perfect draw, perfect burn, and no issues whatsoever. Definitely glad I bought a 10er of these.
    I have only had about 5 of these from my box of thirty and i must say i am always impressed by the quality of the smoke. As you said perfect draw, burn and no issues. Not bad for a stick that can easily be bought for about 3$ a piece.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    jj20030:
    sure thinking about a sweet one now like a fuente anejo,lol
    Might sound crazy, but the only stick I follow an Anejo with (unless I'm at a B&M) is a Diesel UHC. Anything else is just a let down after an Anejo...
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Sorry I was late to the party. I had to smoke mine while driving. I smoked one from the exact same box as Toombes' came from. I had pretty similar taste notes, with one exception. I had no citrus taste in mine (prob due to the fact that I was drinking a Dr. Pepper w/it) but I did get the nice charred meat taste that is one of my favorite tastes in the UHC. I am actually really surprised I didn't see many comments on that. I think I saw jj post that he got the meaty flavor, too...

Anyways, this was a badass idea. I wish I could've been sitting at the computer while smoking, but it was still fun to read, and I got to enjoy a great cigar.

I'm feeling Ruination for next week...
    BigT06:
    Sorry I was late to the party. I had to smoke mine while driving. I smoked one from the exact same box as Toombes' came from. I had pretty similar taste notes, with one exception. I had no citrus taste in mine (prob due to the fact that I was drinking a Dr. Pepper w/it) but I did get the nice charred meat taste that is one of my favorite tastes in the UHC. I am actually really surprised I didn't see many comments on that. I think I saw jj post that he got the meaty flavor, too...

Anyways, this was a badass idea. I wish I could've been sitting at the computer while smoking, but it was still fun to read, and I got to enjoy a great cigar.

+1
    Imgembo:
    BigT06:

+1

I'm with BigT and gembo, Ruination has my vote.
    If everybody wants a ruination I can do that, too... ive just smoked so many in the past couple months, I'd like to try something new. But it's ultimately upu to everyone
    I'm up for a Ruination if that's the vote. I'd also be up for a San Lotano, an Undercrown or whatever people choose as long as I have one. I CAN'T BUY MORE CIGARS FOR A LONG, LONG TIME!!!
    Honestly i would be game for any thing i just voted for the ruination because i have one ( and they are suppose to be tasty). but I would be down for any thing. just need the time to get one if i do not have it. Maybe we should come up with a line up of cigars to make it easier?
    Imgembo:
    Honestly i would be game for any thing i just voted for the ruination because i have one ( and they are suppose to be tasty). but I would be down for any thing. just need the time to get one if i do not have it. Maybe we should come up with a line up of cigars to make it easier?

+1 for the line up. I've got a Ruination that I planned to save for my MOW badge but I can always get another if I need to. I believe a vote on a list of sticks would make it go smoother.