Options

I smoked a good cigar from....

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    kuzi16:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Seriously the Dark Corojo almost turned me off to the brand.

really? wow. its not my favorite JdN but i didnt think it was THAT bad.
    the Dark Corojo is my favorite of the line. JdN is a solid brand, though. They don't make bad cigars.
    they are actually my third favorite brand. i try to only buy JdN in boxes.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I smoked an amazing cigar from Wes this morning (actually still finishing it up). Partagas Short. 100% AWESOMENESS. Easily the fullest bodied ISOM I've ever smoked. Thank you Wes!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    BigT06. A Cusano 59 no less. A fine cigar from A great BOTL. Thanks.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I smoked a good cigar from a number of brothers today! It had been nearly two months since I had a day off where I didn't still have to do some kind of work so I decided to celebrate in style and say F it to waiting to smoke some special sticks. From Todd I had my first 1/3 of the Johnny-O! Culebra which also happens to be the first cigar I've done a review on in three months (to be posted very soon)! Next up was my first ever OpusX, the Love Affair size from Tony (AJGARLETT) with a sticker date of 7/22/11. The start was just mediocre but as soon as it passed the bulbous foot it became sheer nirvana, this is certainly a blend that is best presented in a smaller ring gauge vitola! Finally, I'm smoking as I type this an EP Carrillo Maduro with 8 months on it from Rick, it's a bit of a tight draw but the profile is to die for! Thank all of you so much!!!!

On a side not I also want to express my deepest gratitude as well to Greg. The first OpusX that I ever owned was gifted to me by Greg when he first joined and I did a Newb trade with him. While that wasn't the X that I smoked tonight, I couldn't help but remember and be eternally humbled regardless and smoked it while thinking of that gesture the whole time, thank you my friend... It will never be forgotten.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    BigT06:
    I smoked an amazing cigar from Wes this morning (actually still finishing it up). Partagas Short. 100% AWESOMENESS. Easily the fullest bodied ISOM I've ever smoked. Thank you Wes!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
    The Short is such an awesome cigar...I can't buy them because I go through them like candy.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Rudy aka The Kid. My Father Cedros Deluxe Cervantes. What a fantastic smoke. Thanks again Rudy
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    For a 8 year old cigar, that I was told it probably will taste like paper. You were wrong, it did not taste like paper, lol. It had a really light cocoa taste throughout. No spice or pepper and it seem to be medium then died down to a mild stick. Thank you Sir for this gift. This is what I pair it with too. Look at how yellow the cellophane is.

Photobucket
    Photobucket
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    an Origen Original from skweeks
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Just lit up a 5v cask strength box pressed i got from my "noob trade" aka "massacre of a noob" i doubt ill be able to finish it off after my dinner although ive been waiting till i had steak and could smoke it after like i was told by a botl to do.
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    For a 8 year old cigar, that I was told it probably will taste like paper. You were wrong, it did not taste like paper, lol. It had a really light cocoa taste throughout. No spice or pepper and it seem to be medium then died down to a mild stick. Thank you Sir for this gift. This is what I pair it with too. Look at how yellow the cellophane is.

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Great choice in drink Rick, that is the "newest" company certified to be Trappist, making it the 7th and final Trappist brewery in Belgium. The Quad from them is GREAT, if you haven't had a chance pick up the Rochefort 10, second best Trippel I've ever had and I know you'd love it!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    RCY Cigars:

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Great choice in drink Rick, that is the "newest" company certified to be Trappist, making it the 7th and final Trappist brewery in Belgium. The Quad from them is GREAT, if you haven't had a chance pick up the Rochefort 10, second best Trippel I've ever had and I know you'd love it!

Guess I'll have to see if I can find some. Thanks....

• Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    90+ Irishman:
    RCY Cigars:

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Gotta agree on the Rochefort 10 my favorite quad for sure. St.Bernardus ABT 12 is an awesome quad as well. Maybe someday Ill get to try the coveted Westvleteren 12.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    A le verite 2009. Wow. Thank you. This was a great cigar.
  • Options
    stowggiestowggie Posts: 399
    RCY Cigars:
    90+ Irishman:
    RCY Cigars:

Photobucket
    Photobucket

Guess I'll have to see if I can find some. Thanks....

Like the cutter might have to hunt one down like it.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Firetruckguy gifted me with an Ave Maria. Smoked it last night while studying for several tests (doing the tests this morning, on Good Friday of all days). The cigar was beautiful and the construction was perfect. I'm not sure that I would purchase a box, but it was on my "must try" list and I 'm glad I got the chance to smoke one.

Thank you Firetruckguy for that worderful stick. I should have taken pictures.

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Just finished a 5 Vegas Triple A Robusto. This AJ blend had everything I enjoy in a cigar.. Pa. Broadleaf Maduro Wrapper, Condega, Jalapa, and Esteli filler, Wood, leather and coffee with that peppery tongue bite. Not a harsh moment in this stick. Tons of smoke and a great burn. I could smoke these all day long. Thanks Kuzi for this fantastic gift.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Just finished a 5 Vegas Triple A Robusto. This AJ blend had everything I enjoy in a cigar.. Pa. Broadleaf Maduro Wrapper, Condega, Jalapa, and Esteli filler, Wood, leather and coffee with that peppery tongue bite. Not a harsh moment in this stick. Tons of smoke and a great burn. I could smoke these all day long. Thanks Kuzi for this fantastic gift.
    no problem at all
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Wednesday night I enjoyed a diesel corona sent to me by BigT06. Tons of flavor, loads of smoke, awesome construction and completely whooped my aZZ! Thanks, Todd!
  • Options
    Brett and I were able to hook up this morning for a smoke and I decided there was no better occasion to smoke the only Casa Fuente Corona that I had courtesy of Brett, than with him! Truly marvelous cigar that I will be uploading a short review and pictures on tonight! Thank you so much Brett, you really are a one in a million friend!!!
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    I smoked A great cigar from my brother Dwayne. A Dirty rat. I can't say enough good things about this cigar. Strength, flavor and A fine burn that took care of itself. A perfect experience.
  • Options
    cmartincmartin Posts: 130
    Let my wife pick a cigar from my humi last night ( it was her bday) and she piked a casa magna I got from Mike(MVW67). What a great smoke. Thanks again.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    camgfs:
    Firetruckguy gifted me with an Ave Maria. Smoked it last night while studying for several tests (doing the tests this morning, on Good Friday of all days). The cigar was beautiful and the construction was perfect. I'm not sure that I would purchase a box, but it was on my "must try" list and I 'm glad I got the chance to smoke one.

Thank you Firetruckguy for that worderful stick. I should have taken pictures.

Glad you liked it brother!
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Brett and I were able to hook up this morning for a smoke and I decided there was no better occasion to smoke the only Casa Fuente Corona that I had courtesy of Brett, than with him! Truly marvelous cigar that I will be uploading a short review and pictures on tonight! Thank you so much Brett, you really are a one in a million friend!!!
    I am glad you liked it, maybe ill be nice and get you another one when I'm in Vegas this July.
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
  • Options
    Smoking a Padron panatela Maduro that Dustin sent me, very enjoyable cigar. I love the natural version and this one brings a richer, almost chocolate flavor to the mix. Thanks Dustin.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Smoking a Padron panatela Maduro that Dustin sent me, very enjoyable cigar. I love the natural version and this one brings a richer, almost chocolate flavor to the mix. Thanks Dustin.
    Congrats Joe that's too kewl! Glad you had such a great stick!!
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Excellent, I love those puppies and pretty much anything corona/lancero from padron in both. I've always got some stashed, cheers Joe
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    CvilleE threw a Little Devil my way and this thing is frickin' incredible!! Thanks a ton, Eric!
  • Options
    Todd hit me with a couple El Tiant cigars, a Habano rosado and Habano oscuro...I don't know much of anything about this line or the blend, but they are some really good cigars and that's enough for me. Smoked them both tonight and enjoyed the heck out of them. Thanks Todd.
  • Options
    Smoked a Gurkha Regent from July 2010 and it was in my humidor since May 2011. Almost made a year from when Goldy bombed me with it :). It was a little peppery in the beginning then became toasty and leathery throughout. I got a little cocoa flavor which was nice with my coffee. I had no burn issues and it was medium at best. Nice morning smoke for me. Don't know if time does this cigar any justice. But, I have to say. For a Gurkha, it was a pleasent surprise. Thank you GOLDY.....