Home General Discussion

Another cigar dream came true

rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

I have been looking for Don Carlos Anniversario Humidor over a year. Though This is extremely rare but a humidor of 30 cigars(10 robust, 10 double robust, 10 toro) is very difficult to collect with Prometheus humidor. Still some B&M offer this cigar in single. However, I got a full humidor of Don Carlos Anniversario today - One of my cigar dreams came true. I also got a matching travel humidor with hard cover.

2006 was the 30th anniversary of the Don Carlos cigar created by the Fuenete family, Carlos Fuenete, sr. In a tribute to his father, carlito Fuenete has created the Don Carlos 30th Anniversary cigars, Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario. Prmometheus produced these Don Carlos humidors with 30 cigars.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Comments

• KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:

I have been looking for Don Carlos Anniversario Humidor over a year. Though This is extremely rare but a humidor of 30 cigars(10 robust, 10 double robust, 10 toro) is very difficult to collect with Prometheus humidor. Still some B&M offer this cigar in single. However, I got a full humidor of Don Carlos Anniversario today - One of my cigar dreams came true. I also got a matching travel humidor with hard cover.

2006 was the 30th anniversary of the Don Carlos cigar created by the Fuenete family, Carlos Fuenete, sr. In a tribute to his father, carlito Fuenete has created the Don Carlos 30th Anniversary cigars, Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario. Prmometheus produced these Don Carlos humidors with 30 cigars.
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

That is awesome! Congrats! Very jealous....
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    great smoke. wish i had bought one of those when i had a chance
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    damn dude.. that's beautiful
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    XX
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • acewoodsonacewoodson Posts: 191
    Now that's purty
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Someone send RZ the bork-o-dex.
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing...the humi is gorgeous, and the smokes, well by the looks of them they are truly one of a kind...now excuse me while I go clean myself off....
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Someone dropped some serious dough!!!!!!
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    That's gorgeous. Congrats brother.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Good for you Rip...smoke those puppies up
  • Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    That's one heck of a find Congrats brother very nice
  • jailhousejailhouse Posts: 137
    very nice brother
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason I thought this post was going to be about you and Bill Clinton. Nice grab!
  • awesome score!
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    wow very nice man
  • stowggiestowggie Posts: 399
    Wow that is awesome great find!
    Tell you what Rip...BigT big steve and I will all take vacation and come to your house. I promise, we won't make any noise other than the pizza guy, and will gladly sleep on the couch or brig sleeping bags. Let me know, my schedule is wide open right now. Thanks bro!!
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Nice purchase!! Those are in my top 3. Probably the best Fuente made. The humidor is beautiful and will look beautiful in your home. Congrats
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    catfishbluezz:
    Tell you what Rip...BigT big steve and I will all take vacation and come to your house. I promise, we won't make any noise other than the pizza guy, and will gladly sleep on the couch or brig sleeping bags. Let me know, my schedule is wide open right now. Thanks bro!!
    I'm down for that! Herf at Lord Ripon's house!
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    415:
    great smoke. wish i had bought one of those when i had a chance
    I thought really hard about jumping on one as well if we are taking about olh?? The price on it was really really tough to pass and it took a lot from me to pass on it!!! Great looking set man!!
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Dustin and Todd, if you come to Nicaragua you are more than welcome. I am offering you a great meal and cigar in my Mancave. I mean it.
    BigT06:
    catfishbluezz:
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    That is very nice glad you were able to find something so rare enjoy.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Holy Moly ... That is way above awsome . Rzaman you are the man !
    rzaman:
    Dustin and Todd, if you come to Nicaragua you are more than welcome. I am offering you a great meal and cigar in my Mancave. I mean it.
    BigT06:
    catfishbluezz:
    Cheers Rip, I would love to talk cigars and food. If the chance comes up, I will be in touch.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Dennis, I agree with you, most probably this is the best Fuente. The fillers and binders are same as Opus X. the difference is the wrapper. They used the top quality Cameroon wrapper from CETAC S.A. This firm was established by a German family who brought the original seeds from Indoneshia. The variety of Camerron seed originated from Sumatran(Indoneshia) variety. There is a fascinating history behind growing Cmaeroon wrapper by a German family. Historically, Camerron has been controlled by French and local army forces. I will talk about it some other time.
    last night I came home late from a Cuban cigar event. I slept next to this humidor. It was on my bed side table. My wife said- what is so special about this cigar? I told her- you won't understand. She replied- never mind. This humidor full of Don Carlos is my new baby.
    dennisking:
    Nice purchase!! Those are in my top 3. Probably the best Fuente made. The humidor is beautiful and will look beautiful in your home. Congrats
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    rzaman:

Dennis, I agree with you, most probably this is the best Fuente. The fillers and binders are same as Opus X. the difference is the wrapper. They used the top quality Cameroon wrapper from CETAC S.A. This firm was established by a German family who brought the original seeds from Indoneshia. The variety of Camerron seed originated from Sumatran(Indoneshia) variety. There is a fascinating history behind growing Cmaeroon wrapper by a German family. Historically, Camerron has been controlled by French and local army forces. I will talk about it some other time.
    last night I came home late from a Cuban cigar event. I slept next to this humidor. It was on my bed side table. My wife said- what is so special about this cigar? I told her- you won't understand. She replied- never mind. This humidor full of Don Carlos is my new baby.
    dennisking:

Thats is a funny story rzaman ! I assume your wife does not share cigar smoking with you huh ? I don't blame you , I think I would have slept with it on a pillow beside me LOL !!!
    rzaman:

dennisking:
    Hahahaha...I collect guitars Rip...and do the same thing lol
  • StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Those are beautiful. I especially like that travel humidor. Good form Sir!
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:

dennisking:
    The Don Carlos Edicion de Anniversario, CF Lancero, and Partagas 150 are the finest Cameroon wrapped cigars made in my opinion. Your wife may get jealous if you start kissing your humidor.....
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Nice man. I was fortunate to grab one when they first came out. I got the Black Humidor with with matching travel humi and cigars. Got it in 2007 so the few cigars I have left have been aging since then and I was lucky to get some of the 2006 release too. I however really wanted the macassar ebony humi. I was able to find one for free if I bought 4 of the DC 30th which were something like $40 a piece. I said F it and bought the cigars and got the humi. It was a deal I couldn't turn down so I know how you feel! And somehow I have been lucky enough to get the DA Gran Anniverxario Humi and Lost City humi empty for good deals.