Home Ratings & Reviews

Padilla Series 68 Torpedo

KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
I smoked one yesterday while manning the barbeque........VERY good.
It had 6+ months on it, and was smooth like silk on the retrohale, which would then leave you with a wonderful flavor of vanilla/coffee. Mild nutty notes, occasional chocolate, and quality tobacco flavor all the down to the nub.........staying smooooth the entire time.
Perfect draw, tons of easily produced smoke, and perfect burn........and I wasn't too nice to the cigar either.....laying it down here and there, ignoring it for minutes at a time, dropped it once........but at the end it looked like it had been babied from start to nub.
Box worthy? That would be a yes............I'm on the hunt.

Comments

• ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    If you find a good deal on these let me know. This is something i have wanted to try and i missed pulling the trigger on these about 2 months ago. The site next door had boxes of 20 going for 40 dollars. I feel like a freaking idiot for not pulling the trigger on that. even if it was a blind shot for me at the time!
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Great cigar. Glad to here somebody else enjoys them.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Great stick...that has been discontinued. Better get 'em while you can boys.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    yeah, this was the best release of the signature line IMO
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    yeah, this was the best release of the signature line IMO
    well... this is what i was gunna type almost word for word.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D@mn! When was it discontinued? Why? The '68 is one of my favorites.....
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    last year, maybe 9 months ago. The original blend is disco'd but not sure about the golden bear and black bear lines. The original was probably the most well sorted of the signature lines. the 32 is okay but it's cocoa overload for me.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    jlmarta:
    last year, maybe 9 months ago. The original blend is disco'd but not sure about the golden bear and black bear lines. The original was probably the most well sorted of the signature lines. the 32 is okay but it's cocoa overload for me.

Hmmm. Okay, Dennis. Thanks for the info. I'll have to start looking around for some.
  • dennisking:
    jlmarta:
    Weird I got more potato than cocoa...
  • Potato and black pepper some cocoa on the finish bout halfway through that was about it.ssome complexity with leather and wood and earthy notes but mainly potatos and black pepper
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Potato? I love potatoes! Im gonna light one up now.
  • It wasn't truly "starchy" but it was more earthy my brain I guess defined the experience as "potato" btw I smoked the rubusto size
    Well I was really let down by the lack of potato flavor. So I decided to attempt to artificially accent the smoke with well a baked potato.

imagePatato, Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original) ">

it didnt work out to well... my quest for a potato flavored smoke continues
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    You didn't get any chives steve???
    Na was all out.. although a true baked potato aficionado always has chives on hand.
    bigfnsteve:
    Na was all out.. although a true baked potato aficionado always has chives on hand.
    Well...it looks as if cheddar notes were not present, you need to go back to your 10qt or B&M and get your cheddar on broseph.
    LMFAO Dustin I cannot compete with your baked potato knowledge and skills. I get cheddar all the time! I always keep wheels of cheddar instock in my 10 and 20 qt cheese fridges. Don't ask how they all fit. Its special in a special kind of way.
    bigfnsteve:
    LMFAO Dustin I cannot compete with your baked potato knowledge and skills. I get cheddar all the time! I always keep wheels of cheddar instock in my 10 and 20 qt cheese fridges. Don't ask how they all fit. Its special in a special kind of way.
    I have a cabinet bro... Fully stocked, just say when.....
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Can anyone recomend a good red potato smoke? I've heard the wrapper on reds are to die for!!!
    Smokindaddy:
    Can anyone recomend a good red potato smoke? I've heard the wrapper on reds are to die for!!!
    Nope...but according to Vinny black market tastes like cotton candy and I think elencos tastes like creme brûlée!
    catfishbluezz:
    Smokindaddy:
    Nope...but according to Vinny black market tastes like cotton candy and I think elencos tastes like creme brûlée!
    and the Punch Punch tastes like a jar of creamy Jif. We can do this all day LOL
    Did I mention I stayed at a holiday inn last night? I'm CA's need head of tasting
    catfishbluezz:
    Did I mention I stayed at a holiday inn last night? I'm CA's need head of tasting
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, so you can recomend a good red, now stop holding back LOL
    Smokindaddy:
    catfishbluezz:
    What you can't read??? I have a cabinet fully stocked brohammer
  • Wow. Sorry I got potato out of mine haha. Oh well
    catfishbluezz:
    Smokindaddy:
    catfishbluezz:
    Look as far as red potato I would go with a LFD Double Ligero in 6x60. PURE RED POTATO GOODNESS
    catfishbluezz:
    Smokindaddy:
    catfishbluezz:
    I feel a S.P.U.D fiver trade coming on!!!!
    bigfnsteve:
    catfishbluezz:
    Smokindaddy:
    catfishbluezz:
    Look as far as red potato I would go with a LFD Double Ligero in 6x60. PURE RED POTATO GOODNESS
    I'm smoking a tat red label...doesthat count???
    bigfnsteve:
    catfishbluezz:
    Smokindaddy:
    catfishbluezz:
    Steve, that sounds right up my alley, I'll have to check with my local farmer's market, I mean B&M to see if they have any in stock
    Smokindaddy:
    bigfnsteve:
    catfishbluezz:
    Smokindaddy:
    catfishbluezz:
    Steve, that sounds right up my alley, I'll have to check with my local farmer's market, I mean B&M to see if they have any in stock
    Hanford has some bomb cheese too bro