Home Cigar 101

Davidoff Royal Robusto

rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
Any idea where can I find this?

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $1500/box?????????

Dude, you got some deep pockets.
    It says only Davidoff stores, but I found one place online. I can PM you it, if you want.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I will tell you some other time why I need this cigar. Who is selling this? Please PM me, thanks.
    0patience:
    $1500/box?????????

Dude, you got some deep pockets.
    It says only Davidoff stores, but I found one place online. I can PM you it, if you want.
    PM at ya. Hope it is what you are looking for.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Thanks Tony, I appreciate it!
    0patience:
    PM at ya. Hope it is what you are looking for.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    man... id love to get my hands on some of those.
    Kuzi, I have been looking for this for a long time. I thought they are out of market. According to Henke, this is his best creation. I will tell you the reason some other time why I am dying to get my hand on a box.
    kuzi16:
    man... id love to get my hands on some of those.
    rzaman:
    Kuzi, I have been looking for this for a long time. I thought they are out of market. According to Henke, this is his best creation. I will tell you the reason some other time why I am dying to get my hand on a box.
    Hmm, so does that mean there's a finder's fee if the deal goes through? ROFL!!
    Just kidding, but I had to razz ya!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    You can buy them by the single at $31.20/stick and thats just the first result in google...
    Thanks you all for the information. I just placed my order. I also ordered some Davidoff 100 anniversary Toro. Tony, there might be a finder’s fee...you never know.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    What's with the secrecy? Must be a damn good reason to buy a $1500 box of cigars.
    No secrecy...I am goin to meet Henke Kelner soon through a cigar friend. He is the one who told me that Henke believes Davidoff Royal Robusto is his best creation. My friend challenged me that there is no way to get a box of this cigar. I took his challenge and said I will find it. I am planning to organize a cigar party and want to invite him, Henke and some other cigar makers. I will offer him this cigar that day. However, it is also true this is not a widely available cigar and made from very limited inventory of tobacco. My friend is a very experienced cigar smoker. He has been smoking over 30 years and also a collector. I have been learning a lot from him. I want some of his vintage cigars from his collection in exchange some of these Davidoff. He doesn't have it but can't wait to have some. Another reason is, I got promoted recently and wanted to buy myself a gift-:)
    madurofan:
    What's with the secrecy? Must be a damn good reason to buy a $1500 box of cigars.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Man, congrats on all of the above. Green with envy bro ...
    What a bummer...the Davidoff just informed me and said they can not ship it to any DPO address. Now I need to figure out where to send first then route it to my DPO address. I am not happy about it.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Get it shipped to someone here then forwarded to you...
    Thanks Steve. I just asked someone here. I appreciate the idea.
    Diamondog:
    Get it shipped to someone here then forwarded to you...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Congrats on the promotion and gift to yourself.
    Thanks Joe. I almost had an heart attack when Davidoff sent me that email though there website allowed me to put DPO address. Anyway, they apologized for that and offered me a free overnight postal service. I gave them the address of a friend from here. It all worked out fine. I have to say the Davidoof Client Services Associate was very helpful and nice.
    j0z3r:
    All set...Andrew was kind enough to help me with re-routing the package. Thanks Andrew...i owe you a big time.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    rzaman:
    All set...Andrew was kind enough to help me with re-routing the package. Thanks Andrew...i owe you a big time.
    Glad you got it worked out!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    What are these cigars again and where can I get 1 to try?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    +1. XX
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    Thanks Daniel, now the hardest part is the waiting period. My package was re-routed by Andrew. He was very kind to pick it up from the FedEx facility and immediately posted the package to me. I am so greatful to him. It will take 4-5 business days to come here. I can't wait to touch and open the box. I want to smoke one right away.
    danielzreyes:
    j0z3r:
    +1. XX
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Many congratulations on the promotion, my friend! On the other hand, I'm wanting to hit you with a sock full of quarters for getting your hands on such a coveted box of cigars... By the way, please take no offense from the last comment. Envy does strange and terrible things to the psyche.
    Thanks Daniel...I do not get offended so easily and completely agree with you what envy does to the psyche. My career is full of offensive outcome and we are well trained to handle it. Cigar is my passion, specially the vintage one. I can do strange thing to collect them. one of my favourite character is Allan Quartermain, he is a fictional character created by English writer Henry Rider Haggard In 1885. Allan is a big game hunter and occasional trader in South Africa who supported colonial efforts to spread so-called civilization in the dark continent of Africa. When I was little boy, I was so thrilled and moved by his adventures, I always wanted to end up with overseas assignments. Evantually, I did end up with a similer life style and carry his adventurous spirit not for spreading civilization or hunt animal or treasure. I hunt vintage cigars and art within my ability.
    Toombes:
    Many congratulations on the promotion, my friend! On the other hand, I'm wanting to hit you with a sock full of quarters for getting your hands on such a coveted box of cigars... By the way, please take no offense from the last comment. Envy does strange and terrible things to the psyche.
    rzaman:
    Thanks Daniel...I do not get offended so easily and completely agree with you what envy does to the psyche. My career is full of offensive outcome and we are well trained to handle it. Cigar is my passion, specially the vintage one. I can do strange thing to collect them. one of my favourite character is Allan Quartermain, he is a fictional character created by English writer Henry Rider Haggard In 1885. Allan is a big game hunter and occasional trader in South Africa who supported colonial efforts to spread so-called civilization in the dark continent of Africa. When I was little boy, I was so thrilled and moved by his adventures, I always wanted to end up with overseas assignments. Evantually, I did end up with a similer life style and carry his adventurous spirit not for spreading civilization or hunt animal or treasure. I hunt vintage cigars and art within my ability.
    Toombes:

Allen Quartermain carried me through many days of my childhood! Great to know I wasn't the only one who enjoyed his adventures!
    How interesting...I thought, I was on of the the weird one who was super thrilled by Allan Quartermain in the 21st century. Do you know, Sir Henry Rider Haggard was inspired to create the character when he was visiting Mala Mala lodge in South Africa? That was one of my dream place to visit and see first hand what inspired him so strongly to create the character Allan. I was fortunate to fulfill my dream. I am so glad to meet another Allan Quartermain fan. Here are some picture of Mala Male lodge in South Africa: Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    I was too close to this crazy elephant and he chased my 4WD for 5 minutes LOL:
    Photobucket
    Toombes:
    rzaman:
    Toombes:

Allen Quartermain carried me through many days of my childhood! Great to know I wasn't the only one who enjoyed his adventures!
    rzaman:
    How interesting...I thought, I was on of the the weird one who was super thrilled by Allan Quartermain in the 21st century. Do you know, Sir Henry Rider Haggard was inspired to create the character when he was visiting Mala Mala lodge in South Africa? That was one of my dream place to visit and see first hand what inspired him so strongly to create the character Allan. I was fortunate to fulfill my dream. I am so glad to meet another Allan Quartermain fan.
    I so want your job. That is so cool!!
    As for Allan Quartermain, I don't think any young kid who hasn't run into those books isn't a fan.
    I can't recall a lot of it, but those books were among many that carried me through a trip across the US when my dad was transferred from Boston to be stationed in Oregon.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    I must admit that I'm envious of you, Rip. The pictures are absolutely amazing!
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on your promotion buddy. this is a very big deal and we are all proud of you. Enjoy your well deserved smokes and continue to live a full life. If you ever need shipping help, just ask.