Home General Discussion
Options

I smoked a good cigar from....

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sat down with an Oktoberfest by Quesada last night thanks to Laker, my first one of these, and it was Great! Many thanks, 'bro, I loved it!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a few EP Carrillo's in the past with mixed interest. A month or so back I had an EP Carrillo Maduro that Rick sent me that I loved and so I started to gain more interest in the brand. Abotu a week ago Eric sent me an EP Carrillo Short Run 2012 and I smoked that this morning.... left me speechless and in that one cigar turned me into a true believer of EPC sticks. EPC now = Every Phenomenal Cigar lol.... thanks Eric, I swear that short (toro size so not a Double Corona or Churchill) cigar went through more major profile changes than d@mn near any other cigar I've smoked in that size. I counted at least 4 if not 5 distinctly significant profile changes with a dark and roubst oak, oiled leather, red pepper spice, wet cedar, vanilla and honey, and even some nutmeg that floated in and out. Overall a KILLER stick, nubbed it down to less than an inch! Thank you SO much Eric, that was a wonderful experience bro!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Puffing away on a GREAT stick from our new member jilu, a My Father Cedros Deluxe. Have had several My Father's and Le Bijou's, but this one has a hint of sweetness Ive not picked up in the others that is REALLY good. Thanks Juinn!!! :-D

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    I've had a few EP Carrillo's in the past with mixed interest. A month or so back I had an EP Carrillo Maduro that Rick sent me that I loved and so I started to gain more interest in the brand. Abotu a week ago Eric sent me an EP Carrillo Short Run 2012 and I smoked that this morning.... left me speechless and in that one cigar turned me into a true believer of EPC sticks. EPC now = Every Phenomenal Cigar lol.... thanks Eric, I swear that short (toro size so not a Double Corona or Churchill) cigar went through more major profile changes than d@mn near any other cigar I've smoked in that size. I counted at least 4 if not 5 distinctly significant profile changes with a dark and roubst oak, oiled leather, red pepper spice, wet cedar, vanilla and honey, and even some nutmeg that floated in and out. Overall a KILLER stick, nubbed it down to less than an inch! Thank you SO much Eric, that was a wonderful experience bro!
    If you havne't had an elencos....do so immediately Brett....
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    B&A mooch maduro. Wrapper was super fragile I guess or the humidity change or temp made it swell and tear the wrapper :( first third couldn't tell much difference from the regular Connie mooch but now into the 2nd third much more what I expected. Not finished bit good so far, thanks kid! image
  • Options
    stowggiestowggie Posts: 399
    90+ Irishman:
    +1 I love it!
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Perdomo Grand Cru maduro from MTuccelli. Thanks it was a tastey stick!

• Options
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    If you havne't had an elencos....do so immediately Brett....
    I had one three weeks ago courtesy of Noah (Ndhaon) at the AB event, should have waited since it was my 4th sitck that day and my palate was shot so I didn't get even half of the flavors I know were there, but it was still a very very good smoke regardless!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    Perdomo Grand Cru maduro from MTuccelli. Thanks it was a tastey stick!

I had one Sat. night and was quite impressed!
  • Options
    Ok so a little update is in order since I've smoked some amazing cigars in the past week and want to send a big shout out of thanks to the brothers that were awesome enough to set me up with them!

First up is Shaun (Sporus) for shared credit with John (JgibV) for the Cojonu 2012 Capa Especial that both of them had sent to me (dunno which one I smoked was from Shaun or John sorry guys for the brain-fart) that was possibly my favorite cigar I've smoked in 2012 that was non-CC! Thank you guys and thanks for the feedback from the read as well ;)
    Also, on Saturday night I smoked a La Palina Ligero "Little Bill" from the Family Series lineup. This was a cigar that came out of nowhere and surprised the helloutta me! The strongest and boldest chocloate flavor I've tasted yet in a cigar but was so sweet and smooth with almond and roasted peanut that I smoked it so far down that I got first degree burns on my fingers... KILLER and THANK YOU Shaun!!!

Next up is Brett! Saturday as well when we herfed I had a Diamond Crown Pyramid from their flagship line.... He bought this one and handed it to me the last time we herfed so I wanted to fire it up this time so we could chat about it. Really a brilliant medium bodied cigar, and something that thanks to many friends I've been able to explore much deeper lately and am finding I reach for those more than my full body cigars lately. Toasted peanut, mild oiled leather, aromatic cedar and a vanillar spice cream that was marvelous, thank you my friend!

I'd like to also thank John as mentioned earlier for sourcing the Cojonu's for me and being such a great brother and supporter of what I'm trying to do in the industry and career path, thank you bro!

Last but certainly not least, I'd also like to thank Tom (Poker Slob) for hooking me up with my first two 262 Cigars, the Ideology and Paradigm! Had the Paradigm when herfing with Brett a month ago and it was a great medium-full that just billowed smoke, quite enjoyable thank you! And at my cousin's graduation last night, Pops and I brought enough cigars between us for him and his friends and then the family who smoked as well and of course my beautiful wife ;) I smoked the Ideaology and was rewarded with a great burn, tight ash, and a spicey oak and leather cigar that was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again Tom and thanks to EVERYONE who has been so gracious and generous to me and my family lately!
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Smoking a CCOM Sun Grown that MTuccelli sent me and it's pretty damn good, my first one and I might get a 5 pack with my next order, can't wait to try the American label he sent me as well, thanks again brother
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the weekend I fired up an AF King B from catfishbluezz and an Ave Maria Reconquista from MVW67. Both cigars were great - I thoroughly enjoyed them.

Thanks for hooking me up with these sticks, guys. That was only my (2nd?) AF ever and my very 1st Recon.
    I will be adding both cigars to the "I want to smoke this blend again" list.

Thanks again guys for giving me some great cigars to smoke this past weekend.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Ozzy.
    the cigar looks like a connecticut wrapper and the label says "folsom"

not a bad cigar.
    thanks for giving me the opportunity to smoke it.
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Finally got a quick break away from the crying baby for a quick smoke. Belgium import from danielzreyes. Thanks man, that smoke was exactly what I was looking for...quick, simple, smooth, razor sharp burn.

• Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinate from Mike's (MTuccelli) noob pass. thats been a good while thank you mike for the pass and who ever put it there
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Mow side project 52-c . First chisel and Opted for the punch cut. Thanks brother. image
  • Options
    *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    Thanks Rudy, I smoked the Undercrown you bombed me with a month or so ago. Man that cigar is a consistent performer. Great Draw, Great Flavors, not too strong or sweet, ridiculous amount of smoke output, and just an all around great experience every time.

Thanks man, Me Jiunn and Suneet actually each had one last weekend, and it was an awesome time, thanks for the one you dropped on me.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    I had received this great cigar awhile back from Dire and man it was a damn good smoke!! I have to ask, where did you get it from?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks again brother!!
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    A LFD Double Ligero from Kuzi in the Christmas exchange. It was aged well and wonderful.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    I have to say I was pleasantly surprise. Back in January I did a trade with JDH for some Cabagiuans coronas. He explained to me that they came from a box dated 2009. My first time smoking one was so so. I believe it was in my humidor for maybe two weeks. I can't remember, but four months later. I tell ya, it was a different experience from the first time. It was sweet and toasty. I haven't read any reviews on them yet. But I did take notes. Thanks J D and if I get the chance today. I will post my review notes....

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I traded Glen for some Graycliff Crystals (last week?)...I'd never had the Crystals before so I was happy to be getting something new.
    Finally got the chance to light one of these up last night and I found the cigar to be pretty good. Don't have my notes in front of me but I remember some mild hints of black pepper, nuts(?), and grass/hay.

Thanks Glen for the trade and giving me the opportunity to try these.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Marker:
    A LFD Double Ligero from Kuzi in the Christmas exchange. It was aged well and wonderful.
    im glad you liked it. that thing ages so well. i kinda want one now.

i am smoking a Four Kicks from OchoZacho. review to follow. only about 15 minutes in and so far, im happy.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Smoked my last oliva v :( from the bandy man I got in a trade, this one is from the cra sampler...I think this may be the best oliva v I've smoked yet, draw just stellar, bold flavours, nicely done...
  • Options
    A little update since I've had brilliant cigars the past few days! I smoked a DPG Blue from Jason that was phenomenal!!! Yesterday morning I had my first La Aurora 107... Best La Aurora I've had yet... Cream, vanilla, nutmeg and cinammon spice, with smoked hickory and undertones and a core of oily leather... Divine and thank you Dan! And finally, last night I smoked my second OSOK ever and in a new size to me, the Trucha. Steve thank you bro, that cigar in that vitola specifically was truly memorable. Top five I've had in 2012 and wish I had more than one left, thank you!!
  • Options
    about to light up an H.Upman from Johnathan E.
    thanks man.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Last two days I have smoked some good cigars. Le Verite 2009 from Todd. OpusX from Dustin and a LP No.9 Flying Pig and L40 from Rick. Thanks. I enjoyed them.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    Last two days I have smoked some good cigars. Le Verite 2009 from Todd. OpusX from Dustin and a LP No.9 Flying Pig and L40 from Rick. Thanks. I enjoyed them.

Good to know you didn't get any duds, lol. I guess that crack in the L40 didn't bother it much.

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    RCY Cigars:
    JHewey:

Good to know you didn't get any duds, lol. I guess that crack in the L40 didn't bother it much.

Justin's been smoking like a boss!

Nice to see good people enjoying good smokes. Glad you enjoyed em brother.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    RCY Cigars:
    JHewey:

Justin's been smoking like a boss!

Nice to see good people enjoying good smokes. Glad you enjoyed em brother.
    Nope rick. Had to touch up wrapper a little but nubbed it.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Had a CAO Soprano from Greg. Great smoke. Will really kick you in the face if you don't smoke it slow but burns great.

Before the CAO was an Illusione epernay from Shaun. Amazing smoke to start out the night with.