Home Ratings & Reviews

Punch 10th Anniversary Rare Corojo

Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
I'm a Punch fan and have been for a long while, However I bought a box of the 10th Anniversary Rare Corojo. They have been sitting maybe for a month and decided to fire one up. Bleech!! first hit was very bitter, I tried to smoke it thinking it would get better but the taste was killing me so in the dirt it went. I'll let them sit longer and see what happens, pray they do get better. I checked out some reviews and of course everyone had a different experience fruity, nutty, leather blah blah blah but only one review had a bitter experience. Anyone else tried one?

Comments

• Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    I tried one several months back with the COTM club. It had far and away the strongest white pepper flavor of anything I have ever had. I got no bitterness on it at all. Actually, I really liked the flavors I was getting except the pepper was too strong for me. I was wishing I had let mine sit for a couple of years.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Let them sit and round out for a bit then dry box them before you smokem
    Money can't buy taste
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I enjoyed this one myself. A bit surprising considering I'm not at all a fan of the original Rare Corojo.
  • Meskin_CVMA1Meskin_CVMA1 Posts: 1
    edited June 2021

I bought (10) Punch Rare Corojo Magnum in a sampler pack. I bought mine in May 2021. I am glad I didn't buy a box. They are bitter and taste like the last inch of a cigar, the whole way through. I now save them for people that come over for Bourbon and Cigars and "forget" their cigars at home. That'll teach'em.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Meskin_CVMA1 said:
    I bought (10) Punch Rare Corojo Magnum in a sampler pack. I bought mine in May 2021. I am glad I didn't buy a box. They are bitter and taste like the last inch of a cigar, the whole way through. I now save them for people that come over for Bourbon and Cigars and "forget" their cigars at home. That'll teach'em.

I smoke them backwards so that would be the first inch correct?

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@Meskin_CVMA1 said:

I smoke them backwards so that would be the first inch correct?

Yeah besides, you have your dos hombres for when your hombres come over....

Don't look ↑
  • XWFD30XWFD30 Posts: 26

I bought the 10th Ann. Rare Corojo , 5 x 50 (I think) back in 2011, another box in 2012. Both were outstanding. When I couldn't get the Toro anymore I got a box of the R C Champions Figurado. They weren't as good. Does this mean the tobacco has been changed?? Those old ones were even better after sitting for a year. Z

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

The old saying.........."why fix it if it ain't broke????" Kramer breaks me up!! lol

I bought a box of the Grand Cru a few months ago........hoping for something good??

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

@XWFD30 said:
    I bought the 10th Ann. Rare Corojo , 5 x 50 (I think) back in 2011, another box in 2012. Both were outstanding. When I couldn't get the Toro anymore I got a box of the R C Champions Figurado. They weren't as good. Does this mean the tobacco has been changed?? Those old ones were even better after sitting for a year. Z

Could be several things, one of which includes a change in tobacco. Another is the tobacco hasn't changed but the crop did being an agricultural product or the recipe wasn't adjusted for different vitolas.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

@XWFD30 said:
    The old saying.........."why fix it if it ain't broke????" Kramer breaks me up!! lol

It’s not that it was “fixed”. All cigars change over time because the soil conditions change over time which makes the tobacco change.