Home Cigar 101

Flavored cigars

JZerbyJZerby Posts: 122
Maybe this is a stupid question, but how come flavored cigars are so often fruit flavored, like cherry and whatnot? From my experience, vanillas and coffees go MUCH better with the taste of the tobacco than fruit. Is there a reason for this or is it just what they do because it's what they do?

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best guess is for the young bucks or the women folk :)
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man law: Don't fruit the beer.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    My best guess is for the young bucks or the women folk :)
    That was my thought exactly!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:

WHAT! I may be 2 years dry but what about Sam Cherry, Magic Hat 9, Seadog Blueberry, ETC.... All quality :)
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:

+1 I feel it's like flavored vodka... If you don't like the taste of vodka don't drink it!
    Money can't buy taste
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    webmost:

+1 I feel it's like flavored vodka... If you don't like the taste of vodka don't drink it!
    Amen to that, I love my vodka
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If any of you find yourselves at a Drew Estates event, avoid using the "F" word when referring to the Acid line. They're quick to point out, in a friendly way, that their cigars are not "flavored", but rather they're infused.
  • marineatbn03:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    webmost:

Amen to that, I love my vodka
    i am a Rum guy or Single barrel Buffalo Trace guy. Or Single barrel Four Roses guy lol.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Never really tried the bourbans and scotches
  • j0z3r:
    If any of you find yourselves at a Drew Estates event, avoid using the "F" word when referring to the Acid line. They're quick to point out, in a friendly way, that their cigars are not "flavored", but rather they're infused.

True enough.  I couldn't tell you what the difference is but I do know that a "flavored" cigar to me just tastes cheap and nasty.  The Acid line, however, I really enjoy on occasion.  Maybe it's something to do with the process or maybe it's just about the actual quality of the cigar being flavored. 
  • JZerbyJZerby Posts: 122
    djminsterman:
    j0z3r:

True enough.  I couldn't tell you what the difference is but I do know that a "flavored" cigar to me just tastes cheap and nasty.  The Acid line, however, I really enjoy on occasion.  Maybe it's something to do with the process or maybe it's just about the actual quality of the cigar being flavored. 
    I've not tried Acid before, but the Java and Java mint are pretty good smokes, in my opinion.
  • Java mint made me sick to my stomach. Literally the taste it left in my mouth I wasn't able to eat anything the rest of the day. The latte I thought was great! Imo the best "flavored" not "infused" cigar is the moontrace. My favorite infused is still ACID Opulence 3.
  • JZerbyJZerby Posts: 122
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    Imo the best "flavored" not "infused" cigar is the moontrace.
    Moontrance is literally the only 'Flavored" cigar I can stand. Plus, they offer that in a pipe tobacco, which is pretty cool!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey listen: Good scotch should be good enough you don't want to mess with it. Same with beer. Same with tobacco. Used be be a biker hangout on route 9 back road to what passes for the beach here in Dull-Aware, had a sign behind the bar that read: "This ain't no beach bar". If you asked for lime for your Corona or coke for your rum or wine period, they would point at the sign and invite you in colorful terms to continue on down the road.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    I love coffee cigars now and then...it's like chocolate to me. I don't always eat it, but every once in awhile I crave it.

I have a seperate humidor just for those kinds of cigars...usually my gf steals them but eh oh well.
  • josiahcoljosiahcol Posts: 70
    I've found ACID cigars to be so hit and miss. When i first started smoking cigars about 3 years ago one of the first one i ever tried on my Cigar shop guys reccomendation was a Blondie and to this day i like one every once and a while, i also really like the Java Latte but the Mint leaves a very bitter taste each time ive tried them. The Tabak Especial are also very good, especally the Red Eye. Other than that ive tried the Roam and a few of the Naturals and the taste and experince was just not plesurable for me. Its funny because a few of the older memebers of my family give me a lot of crap sometimes for smoking "infused: or "flavored" cigars but i feel if done right it can be a nice change of pace every once and a while.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Tabak Especial Negra is A decent smoke.
    I enjoy one every now and again with my morning coffee.
    The robusto is my favorite size.
    A little backbone with this one.