Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Very nice Steve! If you dont love them I will gladly trade you whatever you want for em!
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    bigfnsteve:
    Picked these up today... I hear theyre good.

image1A7F5F6D-orig, Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original) ">

dayuuuum. dj da da da da dadadadadadad dayuuuuuum
  • Options
    *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    What did I get? I got the old bike running again. Feels good hearing it roar, and with the Samson big guns on there it'll set off every car alarm on the street.

It was my first bike and its been good to me over the last 12 years but its time to go to a friend of mine in SD, since I just don't ride this one much anymore. No use letting it sit around gathering dust when a friend of mine is looking for a bike, and looking for this bike in particular. Pretty sure I'll be dropping it off in person for one last road trip with my old friend.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    *Petey*:
    What did I get? I got the old bike running again. Feels good hearing it roar, and with the Samson big guns on there it'll set off every car alarm on the street.

It was my first bike and its been good to me over the last 12 years but its time to go to a friend of mine in SD, since I just don't ride this one much anymore. No use letting it sit around gathering dust when a friend of mine is looking for a bike, and looking for this bike in particular. Pretty sure I'll be dropping it off in person for one last road trip with my old friend.

Beautiful bike, Boyd. I started rebuilding a '58 Sporty, but I'm gonna sell it and concentrate on the '73 Triumph I'm gonna trike out. Enjoy the road, brother!
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice Boyd! Glad you got that running again. I'm sure you'll have a blast driving down to SD in it. Take the little one out for a ride before you do that (only if it's safe).
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Petey*:

Nice bike. Is it a 1200 custom or 1200 Low?
    I have a 2008 1200 low.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    *Petey*:

Beautiful bike, Boyd. I started rebuilding a '58 Sporty, but I'm gonna sell it and concentrate on the '73 Triumph I'm gonna trike out. Enjoy the road, brother!
    As Dan said, that really is a gorgeous bike Boyd! Glad yo hear you'll get one last roadtrip with her, it's one of the greatest feelings on earth brother! Growing up my Pops had a 1200 Sportster that he put a lot of love into and every weekend him and I would ride it through the canyons and mountains in Colorado.... Helluva thing. Glad you are sharing it with such a good friend and that she'll get ridden and loved ;) Good luck!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    bigfnsteve:

Congrats Steve, I've heard that those really are one of a kind! Have a 2009 resting but can't bring myself to light it yet since they are so HTF and also how they are made should make a cigar that has much greater aging potential than nearly most others. Love to hear your thoughts brother, oh and your two pieces I made are now finished and ship either tomorrow or my next day off, Wednesday :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Adding a lil more Johnny O goodness to the cooler.
    Magnum 47's
    Shorty Pyramids
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    Adding a lil more Johnny O goodness to the cooler.
    Magnum 47's
    Shorty Pyramids
    WOW! Congrats Wolf!!! Even though I've sent out quite a few of them, I've only tried the Culebra and the Short Pyramid but d@mn they are good, way psyched for you bro!
  • Options
    Well wasn't what I got today but rather news I got from my lvoely wife IrishAJ.... Just heard ten minutes ago that she got a KILLER full-time job!! I'm so proud of you Amanda, and glad that we both have really solid full time jobs. Thanks for all your support brothers and sisters.... 4 months from TODAY Amanda and I should have our own place now!!! WOOT!
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Thats awesome new Brett. Congrats to you both. Glad things are on the upswing for the both of you!
  • Options
    jliu:
    Nice Boyd! Glad you got that running again. I'm sure you'll have a blast driving down to SD in it. Take the little one out for a ride before you do that (only if it's safe).
    hahahah no Jiunn, Toddlers can't ride on Motorcycles. LOL. FYI, He's about 10 years away from sitting on the back of one and we have two more bikes in the garage that we'll probably still have then.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    *Petey*:

Thanks Toombes, Sportsters will always have a place in my heart. I just love em, even though I spend more time riding my soft tail these days. Thats awesome you have a 58, bummer you selling it but the Triumph trike sounds pretty awesome too. My wife used to have her Dad's 77 sporty and I was sad to see that one go, the older ones jus thad a raw feel to em that you miss, but the newer ones are just so much tighter.
  • Options
    0patience:
    *Petey*:

Nice bike. Is it a 1200 custom or 1200 Low?
    I have a 2008 1200 low.
    Thanks man, so its neither. hahaha, they re-did all the lines a handful of years ago. This is a 96 so its a 1200 XLH and the H stands for electric start. hahaha, so in other words a bare bones 1200. This back when the engine still came in unfinished metal. Not chrome, not matte, Just raw metal that I need to polish every 6 months to get a decent shine. I put the forward foot controls on, and the the drag bars and lowered it with shorter shocks, some white brothers reash shock mounts and a slimmer seat. So thats why its got a much different stance than it did.

Its a real simple bike but it turns a lot of heads and I'm proud of him.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Dire, I mean very nice!!!!:-) :-) :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    90+ Irishman:
    Well wasn't what I got today but rather news I got from my lvoely wife IrishAJ.... Just heard ten minutes ago that she got a KILLER full-time job!! I'm so proud of you Amanda, and glad that we both have really solid full time jobs. Thanks for all your support brothers and sisters.... 4 months from TODAY Amanda and I should have our own place now!!! WOOT!
    Congrats to wifey on the job. Lots of steps foward for you guys. Glad to see good people getting what the deserve
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    90+ Irishman:
    Congrats to wifey on the job. Lots of steps foward for you guys. Glad to see good people getting what the deserve
    +++++1 Congrats Brett! My thoughts exactly Dire!
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Toombes:
    *Petey*:

As Dan said, that really is a gorgeous bike Boyd! Glad yo hear you'll get one last roadtrip with her, it's one of the greatest feelings on earth brother! Growing up my Pops had a 1200 Sportster that he put a lot of love into and every weekend him and I would ride it through the canyons and mountains in Colorado.... Helluva thing. Glad you are sharing it with such a good friend and that she'll get ridden and loved ;) Good luck!
    Thanks Irish, sounds like some good memories with your pops man, thats awesome. Even though I have a soft tail as well, I'm gonna miss this little sporty. Its been a trooper for me over the last 12 years. Great bike, but he's going to a good home so I'm happy for him.
  • Options
    *Petey*:
    90+ Irishman:
    Toombes:
    *Petey*:

Thanks Irish, sounds like some good memories with your pops man, thats awesome. Even though I have a soft tail as well, I'm gonna miss this little sporty. Its been a trooper for me over the last 12 years. Great bike, but he's going to a good home so I'm happy for him.
    No problem Boyd and yeah really is some special memories for sure ;) Glad you still have wheels though that you can crusie on, and the soft tails are brillaint for long rides and look gorgeous too
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    Thats awesome new Brett. Congrats to you both. Glad things are on the upswing for the both of you!

mmccartneydc:
    Direwolf:
    90+ Irishman:
    +++++1 Congrats Brett! My thoughts exactly Dire!

Thank you brothers, all of you! We really are excited for all teh changes and where we are heading. Only drawback is this though, I am sending three packages out on Wednesday and then it is the last packages I can send for quite some time and NO buying ANYTHING cigar related until we move out and have our finances settled in after the move. So I'll be laying low on the trades, passes, bombs etc for a long time but I promise to still be on here as much as I have been. Just can't participate with anything for awhile, sorry brothers. Thanks for all the support and well wishes, means the world it really does!
  • Options
    Got my movie winnings from Doc (mmccatneydc) on Saturday, finally got around to posting, some of my favs!!! Thank you Doc!!!

• Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    bigfnsteve:

Congrats Steve, I've heard that those really are one of a kind! Have a 2009 resting but can't bring myself to light it yet since they are so HTF and also how they are made should make a cigar that has much greater aging potential than nearly most others. Love to hear your thoughts brother, oh and your two pieces I made are now finished and ship either tomorrow or my next day off, Wednesday :)
    Awesome Brett! Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Got a package of sticks from AJGARLETT that he was looking to move. Really looking forward to a lot of these! IMAG0168 IMAG0169
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Got a package of sticks from AJGARLETT that he was looking to move. Really looking forward to a lot of these! IMAG0168 IMAG0169
    Very nice pick up Tony!!!!
  • Options
    Robertgreen30 fires back nicely!! Very nice collection of sticks!! Thank you Robert!!!!!

• Options
    MVW67:
    Robertgreen30 fires back nicely!! Very nice collection of sticks!! Thank you Robert!!!!!

Nice hit Robert!
  • Options
    MVW67:
    SleevePlz:
    Very nice pick up Tony!!!!
    Great Googily-Moogily! Nice pick-ups! And nice hit as well Mike, two great brothers getting blistered!
  • Options
    Zoombie attack from Anthony!!! Very nice selection of Sticks, Zombie, AF Solaris, RJ 007 and other very tasty treats!!

• Options
    MVW67:
    Zoombie attack from Anthony!!! Very nice selection of Sticks, Zombie, AF Solaris, RJ 007 and other very tasty treats!!

Glad they got there safely. Enjoy!