Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Gift from a friend: Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Stunning, absolutely stunning!
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭
    My mailbox took a little damage today, but, the brunt of the problem was absorbed by the mailman...poor poor mailman. Sleeve decided to share some zombie virus with the state of michigan, but, unfortunately didnt blow me up, but, my mailman is a different story. Poor guy was trying to eat some brains, but being the prepared zombie hunter i am, he is no longer. I did not take pics of the carnage, only the package, to save you guys from the mess.

Photobucket

Now James40 decided to hit my hard after a simple trade he asked for. Talk about one uping the trade. Geez, I follow the trade rules once and he blows me up...wont happen again, sorry guys.
    Photobucket

And now BigT06 hooked me up with some L40s Ive been searching for. He as well did not follow the rules of our trade and killed me with these awesome sticks. Again, I will not be following any more rules...except for the ones I make...and of course the ones from Zombieland to ensure my survival in the zombie world.
    Photobucket

Thanks again to all of your guys. And one of you owes the Postal service an apology for a lost mailcarrier but will probably be thanked by one of those million unemployed people in michigan. Thanks again guys
  • Options
    *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    jliu:
    90+ Irishman:
    Didn't get any sticks yesterday or the week, but I did finally get a new job that I've been working on and interviewing for the past month to get! Finally just heard that the 9th will be my last day at Best Buy, and on the 11th I start training for my DISH Technician job with double the pay and hours!!!! YEEEHAW!
    Nice! Congrats Brett. Round of rocky mountain oysters on Brett! yea! balls!
    Congrats Brett, thats awesome man.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for all the well wishes and congrats, it really means a lot! Everything is going to work out well I think, so I'll keep y'all up to date!

On a side note, it looks like I MAY have a second job as well..... Waiting to hear back and get in touch with the Owner/President of the company and it's been a few days, but looking like I may also have my first cigar industry job.... Might be a sales rep for a very small boutique company called Roxor Cigars as well. If it comes to pass, it'll be two new jobs within a 24 hr period :D One that earns the bread adn provides for the family adn one that gets my foot in the door to my hopeful career path and launches me into what I want to do for a living!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Thanks everyone for all the well wishes and congrats, it really means a lot! Everything is going to work out well I think, so I'll keep y'all up to date!

On a side note, it looks like I MAY have a second job as well..... Waiting to hear back and get in touch with the Owner/President of the company and it's been a few days, but looking like I may also have my first cigar industry job.... Might be a sales rep for a very small boutique company called Roxor Cigars as well. If it comes to pass, it'll be two new jobs within a 24 hr period :D One that earns the bread adn provides for the family adn one that gets my foot in the door to my hopeful career path and launches me into what I want to do for a living!
    Very cool Brett, keep us posted man I know you've been trying to get your foot in the door almost since you joined up so this is good news man. congrats. Can't get started without taking the first step brother, so keep us posted.
  • Options
    mwebermweber Posts: 157
    Just got back from The Bahamas today and gonna post a few things that I got both down there and at home while I was gone.

My end of a 5er plus empty box trade with Medic45 (cant wait to try some of these!! Some I have had and LOVE)

My end of the PIF trade with SleevePlz (again, Awesome smokes and definitely looking forward to taste testing!!)

Went to the Graycliff Cigar Factory in The Bahamas and picked up a few things. Got a Heritage cigar, and also took a private rolling lesson and rolled 3 strong cigars myself!

Close up of the Heritage and the 3 hand rolled by me

Was in West Palm Beach too and got these from a place called Angry Moon Cigars

Bought the LG, God of Fire, and the AF Shark, and the owner GAVE me the Opus X Shark. Apparently he has a box of them. Lucky guy!
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I think I'm going to need a bigger humidor...

I had a small order come today but there was a mistake and I recieved a best of 2011 mild sampler when I ordered the medium sampler. I called c.com and they told me just to keep the mild for free and they would be sending the mediums monday. Outstanding customer service if you ask me.

There was an unexpected package in my mailbox as well...

Thank you very much MVW67 for the warm welcome. Now I know I'm going to need a bigger humidor.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Mike, please tell us more about your trip to Graycliff factory. I am very interested. Did you take pictures? Graycliff rolls some good sticks. I have a dedicated humidor just for Graycliff cigars. I used like them a lot.
  • Options
    mwebermweber Posts: 157
    rzaman:
    Mike, please tell us more about your trip to Graycliff factory. I am very interested. Did you take pictures? Graycliff rolls some good sticks. I have a dedicated humidor just for Graycliff cigars. I used like them a lot.
    It was awesome. This was our second time there to tour the factory. There are 16 master torcedors that roll. It was $75 for a 30 minute rolling lesson where they talk about what makes certain leaves good for certain smokes, then they demo how to roll a cigar, then they let you sit at the table and roll, with the help of someone. Heres a pic from the demo the guy gave before I started rolling.
    I will make a post with just photos from the trip for everyone to see.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing and I will wait for the next post. I want to go for a vacation in Graycliff hotel when time permits. They have great wine selection, actually one of the finest in the world. So you make custom made humidor as well. Hmmmm...some idea is brewing up in my head. Do you make replica?
  • Options
    SporusSporus Posts: 236
    Wife is out of town this weekend, so I went shopping

• Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Trident:
    My mailbox took a little damage today, but, the brunt of the problem was absorbed by the mailman...poor poor mailman. Sleeve decided to share some zombie virus with the state of michigan, but, unfortunately didnt blow me up, but, my mailman is a different story. Poor guy was trying to eat some brains, but being the prepared zombie hunter i am, he is no longer. I did not take pics of the carnage, only the package, to save you guys from the mess.

Photobucket

Now James40 decided to hit my hard after a simple trade he asked for. Talk about one uping the trade. Geez, I follow the trade rules once and he blows me up...wont happen again, sorry guys.
    awesome sticks there, after i finished drooling i noticed that there is a medical misspelling on the paper, lol.

And now BigT06 hooked me up with some L40s Ive been searching for. He as well did not follow the rules of our trade and killed me with these awesome sticks. Again, I will not be following any more rules...except for the ones I make...and of course the ones from Zombieland to ensure my survival in the zombie world.
    Photobucket

Thanks again to all of your guys. And one of you owes the Postal service an apology for a lost mailcarrier but will probably be thanked by one of those million unemployed people in michigan. Thanks again guys
    Even More awesomeness there, and i cant tell on this screen, but if that is a MOW Special Edition, they are AWESOME!
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    My Noobings Pass got home yesterday!

Today the mailman delivered a couple of kinky ladies from Vision (sending your end out as soon as i can get to an open post office!)

and I also got my purchase for the month of May, a 10 pack of 5v Cask Strength II that im going to attempt to keep from opening for a while.

• Options
    Sporus:
    Wife is out of town this weekend, so I went shopping

Good for you man hahahaha, thats what I like to see.

hey let me know what you think of the jaime Garcia and the Avion when you get around to em.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Got a tin of SG 1792 today.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped at a random B&M yesterday while I was out and about and shockingly found this: IMAG0164 With 11 cigars still inside. To make it even better, they were still marked at the original price! IMAG0163
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Wow. I hope you bought all 11...easily the best of the Master Blends.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Yup, got them all and the box. Now I have to decide what to do with them. Trade, sell, or smoke 'em all!
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    j0z3r:
    Yup, got them all and the box. Now I have to decide what to do with them. Trade, sell, or smoke 'em all!
    SMOKE!! Helluva score bro, jsut smoked my first last night. You should have that box turned into a clock.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    SleevePlz:
    j0z3r:
    SMOKE!! Helluva score bro, jsut smoked my first last night. You should have that box turned into a clock.
    Congrats on the amazing find bro, that is insane! If you do want to make it into a clock message me, happily do it for ya for free so you can enjoy such an awesome find!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    SleevePlz:
    j0z3r:
    Congrats on the amazing find bro, that is insane! If you do want to make it into a clock message me, happily do it for ya for free so you can enjoy such an awesome find!
    How old are those?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    SleevePlz:
    j0z3r:
    Thanks! I'm not sure what I'm going to do just yet. It's funny, I just sent out a few bombs to some forum members that have been blowing me up since I joined. I wish I would have found these a couple days earlier so I could have tossed a couple out into the packages I sent out. Maybe next round.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    How old are those?
    They are from 2003.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Photobucket
    Got these from Mrbuhl. Thanks man!

Photobucket
    Got these from a local B&M
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    I stopped at a random B&M yesterday while I was out and about and shockingly found this: IMAG0164 With 11 cigars still inside. To make it even better, they were still marked at the original price! IMAG0163
    very nice!! did you get all 11???
  • Options
    lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    SleevePlz:
    Great find! I bought 1 about 6 months ago and had to pay $20 for it and didn't get the box
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Yes, I did!
    lonewolf2011:
    Great find! I bought 1 about 6 months ago and had to pay $20 for it and didn't get the box
    Yeah, I would have paid $20 just to try one as well. I actually had to tell my wife I would sell a handful of them at market value to offset the cost of the purchase. I may be need to slow down my purchasing judging by her tone with this last buy.
  • Options
    lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    SleevePlz:
    The Kid:
    Yes, I did!
    lonewolf2011:
    Yeah, I would have paid $20 just to try one as well. I actually had to tell my wife I would sell a handful of them at market value to offset the cost of the purchase. I may be need to slow down my purchasing judging by her tone with this last buy.
    Let me know if you want to get rid of any.....
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just found these at another B&M. They were in the back at the bottom behind a Patel Edge box. They wouldn't give me the box tho :(

Photobucket
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Picked these up today... I hear theyre good.

image1A7F5F6D-orig, Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original) ">