Home Ratings & Reviews

Cusano P1 Robusto

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's been stated in many advertising that this cigar can stand up to medium and full bodied cigars of the market. Well, standing up and competing with is 2 different things.
There is no question that it is a decent smoke, but personally, I think I should have put my money on something else.

Kind of curious as to if anyone else has had this cigar and what you thought.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I smoked it once and didn't like it. I like Cusano 18 Maduro.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    give it about 2 years. it improves.
    still not rushing out to get a ton of them. if i was handed one i wouldnt be upset though.

the story behind the P1 (the M1 and MC) was that they were supposed to be cheap alternatives to other cigars. they are bundles put out by Cusano (made by Davidoff) that use up some of the extra tobacco they have when they buy for other cigars. these cigars werent meant to blow anyone out of the water, just to make a little cash off of tobacco that would otherwise go to waste.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I burnt a couple of P1s early on in my sotweed pyrotechnics. I remember I really liked them. Two probs: Firstly, I hadn't started keeping a cigar journal back then, so I have no notes to tell me what they were like. No clue. Which points up the importance of a journal. The RateMyCigar app is doing an admirable job for me. Secondly, I was a crawling cigar infant at the time, and since I hope I have progressed to staggering toddler since that time, it might be worthwhile to take another peek and compare. I will drop by the B&M at the next opportunity and pick up a pair.

I have had mixed success with Cusanos lately. Burnt a sun grown two nights back and couldn't wait to put it down. On the other hand, burnt another Xclusivo last night and loved it. I don't think I have had a better morning mouth out of any cigar yet. I wake up, smack my lips, and say; "I can't wait for beakfast espresso!" Delicious in the morning. With just the mellowest wheeze. I can blow on my hand right now and get a yummy reminiscence of last night's smoke. Got to score another box before they are all gone. Heck of a smoke.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... it ain't happening. I dropped by the B&M and talked with a geek. All they have left is midget corona sized P1s and the owner doesn't intend to get any more in. So that's the end of that.

I did, however, score a couple others he suggested: My Father's Flor de las Antillas and Carillo's New Wave CT. He never steers me wrong.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Yeah... it ain't happening. I dropped by the B&M and talked with a geek. All they have left is midget corona sized P1s and the owner doesn't intend to get any more in. So that's the end of that.

I did, however, score a couple others he suggested: My Father's Flor de las Antillas and Carillo's New Wave CT. He never steers me wrong.

ccom sells em. next order tack on a couple of torps.