Home Cigar 101

new smoker looking for a good humidor

hey guys,

i am new to the art of cigar smoking and am looking a good, reasonably priced humidor. I want to get the best deal for my money, but I want one that will work. Any suggestions.

Comments

• smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    You got a PM
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    You got more PM
  • I want to know also..
    bigtattoo79:
    I want to know also..

You got PM too.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    bigtattoo79:
    I want to know also..

You have more PM...
  • bwcarter54bwcarter54 Posts: 142
    Don't get a small one. Go bigggggggg.
    bwcarter54:

Couldn't agree more go as big as your budget allows i just got mine around christmas a 400 count and it is nearly full 400 my a**. Thats another thing the amount they tell you is not right about a hundred less in my case so take that into account too. Hope that info i sent you helped good luck let me know what you end up getting and welcome to this great hobby and community.
  • I would like pms also, if you guys dont mind
    newtocigars:
    I would like pms also, if you guys dont mind

PM Sent
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    newtocigars:
    I would like pms also, if you guys dont mind
    Hey newto..check your inbox...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    smokester:
    bwcarter54:

Couldn't agree more go as big as your budget allows i just got mine around christmas a 400 count and it is nearly full 400 my a**. Thats another thing the amount they tell you is not right about a hundred less in my case so take that into account too. Hope that info i sent you helped good luck let me know what you end up getting and welcome to this great hobby and community.
    Right. Keep in mind guys, when you buy a humidor, the capacity is based on a classic corona size. This means that it won't hold nearly as many toro, robustos and churchills...yet another reason to just go hog wild and build a walk-in. :D
    j0z3r:
    smokester:
    bwcarter54:

Right. Keep in mind guys, when you buy a humidor, the capacity is based on a classic corona size. This means that it won't hold nearly as many toro, robustos and churchills...yet another reason to just go hog wild and build a walk-in. :D
    Words to live by from three a day Joe.. I am sooo jealous brother Joe, I feel lucky to get one a day in, ( that doesn't sound right) But true, 100 count does not mean 100 cigars at all, I find maybe.. 70 or so.. is a closer count.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    smokester:
    bwcarter54:

Words to live by from three a day Joe.. I am sooo jealous brother Joe, I feel lucky to get one a day in, ( that doesn't sound right) But true, 100 count does not mean 100 cigars at all, I find maybe.. 70 or so.. is a closer count.

Yeah I have about 55-60 in my 90 count and about 40 maxs the 60 count
    You know after a stressful day of work or life I can open my infused cigar humi ( which consists of DE Java Maduros and DE Tabak especials) and just inhale deeply for about 30 seconds slowly and I swear it relaxes the he_ll outta me ...anybody else do this ?
    gmill880:
    You know after a stressful day of work or life I can open my infused cigar humi ( which consists of DE Java Maduros and DE Tabak especials) and just inhale deeply for about 30 seconds slowly and I swear it relaxes the he_ll outta me ...anybody else do this ?
    Yup...Sometimes I find a cigar I forgot I had, and make plans for the day I will enjoy it.. Just looking at cigars is relaxing to me too.
    kaspera79:
    gmill880:
    Yup...Sometimes I find a cigar I forgot I had, and make plans for the day I will enjoy it.. Just looking at cigars is relaxing to me too.

I'm with ya on that Kas
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    smokester:
    bwcarter54:

Hehe, only the special days get three...I'd burn myself out puffing 21 cigars a week. The weather should be getting pretty nice out in IL pretty soon now...I'd love to go back there for a while...catch a Cubs game and just relax on a lake somewhere near Wisconsin. A man can dream...a man can dream.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Wow guys. I feel bad. I only smoke a cigar a day if that, but here are my summer plans: I am a college student, and awards and scholarships pay my tuition and housing. I'm living with a bunch of buddies (all cigar smokers) in a fantastic house with a huge backyard, a hot tub, and a 60-inch screen-projector set up outside to watch from the hot tub. I work, but all the money I make goes to food and anything else I need. My plan is to pick up a bunch of booze at the start of the summer. Then, I'll smoke a cigar or two each night outside in the hot tub while watching movies and eating BBQ. I have class and work during the day, but the night will be all relaxation.
    betasynn:
    Wow guys. I feel bad. I only smoke a cigar a day if that, but here are my summer plans: I am a college student, and awards and scholarships pay my tuition and housing. I'm living with a bunch of buddies (all cigar smokers) in a fantastic house with a huge backyard, a hot tub, and a 60-inch screen-projector set up outside to watch from the hot tub. I work, but all the money I make goes to food and anything else I need. My plan is to pick up a bunch of booze at the start of the summer. Then, I'll smoke a cigar or two each night outside in the hot tub while watching movies and eating BBQ. I have class and work during the day, but the night will be all relaxation.
    My sympathy goes out to you.. It sounds like a very miserable life you have there Beta..
    It's a struggle.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    betasynn:
    Where do you go to school? I am thinking about enrolling whereever you go just so I can smoke and drink while sitting in a hot tube watching a movie. I may be the oldest one there, but *** it I don't care!
    Adelphi University. Also; I'm in the market now for a 400 count or so, since my 100 is all filled up already.
    kaspera79:
    betasynn:
    My sympathy goes out to you.. It sounds like a very miserable life you have there Beta..

Yeah condolences man....I hope you don't stress out too much !!!
  • kevster77kevster77 Posts: 68
    I have the 20 count humi that ccom offers and it's full. looking to upgrade to maybe a 100 count or so. these humi's get full pretty quick.
    kevster77:
    I have the 20 count humi that ccom offers and it's full. looking to upgrade to maybe a 100 count or so. these humi's get full pretty quick.

Look man, if your going to continue to smoke cigars do yourself a favor. Buy at least a 250 count , don't worry about thinking you'll never have that many and go even bigger if you can afford it. Theres not that big of price difference and with hangin out here with these cigar hounds and the deals here and then your local cigar shop and so on ...just buy the biggest damn one you can afford, you will be baffled and amazed at how quick it will fill up , I know i was .
    I took these guys advice and doubled my original 50 that I was going to get, and now my 100 is full and I'm looking at buying a 350 for the summer.
    gmill880:
    kevster77:

Look man, if your going to continue to smoke cigars do yourself a favor. Buy at least a 250 count , don't worry about thinking you'll never have that many and go even bigger if you can afford it. Theres not that big of price difference and with hangin out here with these cigar hounds and the deals here and then your local cigar shop and so on ...just buy the biggest damn one you can afford, you will be baffled and amazed at how quick it will fill up , I know i was .

If you never listen to anything else on here at least heed this suggestion ...YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT !!!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    gmill880:
    kevster77:

If you never listen to anything else on here at least heed this suggestion ...YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT !!!
    come now a 25 count will work just fine...
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:
    gmill880:
    kevster77:

come now a 25 count will work just fine...
    Well squirrels don't need to smoke more then one cigar a day. It might be okay for you.
    If price is a main concern just buy a cooler and go up to your local b&m and get some spanish cedar boxes and some beads and throw it all in the cooler and bam you have a giant coolerdor that cost you under 60 bucks and will hold a ton of cigars.