Home Non Cigar Related

Just sayin'... I got an idea!

The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
OK, so Im sure by now everyone has seen Toombes' "Just sayin..." thread - and if you havent, do so now because this is where my idea started.

After reading his thread, I decided to help out with Danny's issue in a way that would suit us both - we are currently in the process of him designing my first-ever tattoo's! Designing it is one thing, but Ive also decided that if Im gonna let anyone jab an inky needle in my arm 189-billionty-teen (shout out to my eldest daughter, circa 2 years old) times, its going to be Danny as he is a trusted BOTL as well as a talented artist (if you havent checked out his "Just playing with ink" thread, now would be an appropriate time to do so).

Its a ten hour drive between the two of us, so Im almost certainly going to have to do this on a three day weekend and Labor Day is coming up. While kicking the thought around, I had an interesting idea...

What if it wasnt just me that did this?

What if it was a BUNCH of us?

And what if we turned it into a big azz herf & BBQ, and made Danny tattoo as many of us who wanted tattoos, until his hand fell off? :-)

Toombsey and I think this is a great idea, and thought we would throw it out there to see what response to such a thing would be. Yes, I know its a holiday weekend and yes, I know some of us would have to travel a good bit of distance to attend. But here are the high points:

1) Its a holiday weekend herf with a bunch (hopefully!) of BOTL - we would all get to meet and party together! Plus, with it being a couple months away, we've all got time to plan and budget for it.

2) Kentucky BBQ and Im guessing whiskey and beers too - need I say more?

3) If you've ever wanted a tattoo, or wanted MORE tattoo's - well, we've got a truly talented artist at our disposal.

4) Everyone in attendance will get the opportunity to laugh at and make fun of me while I get my first ever ink, likely wailing like a teething child the whole while.

5) If you decide to get inked, your tattoo dollars go to one of our very own BOTL in a time of need for him.

6) We all go home happy. :-)

Thats as far as we've gotten in our musings ladies and germs, the rest of the logistics (accomidations, food, drinks, etc) will have to be worked out, but we've got plenty of time to do so. So what do you think? My sorry azz is gonna be in Campton KY on Labor Day weekend - who's gonna come party with me & Toombsey? :-)

Comments

• marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I would soooo be there getting some ink done. But I will more than likely be flying back to asscrackistan. Hope it is a fantastic time, I wanna see some pictures!
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Mr Danny boy is suppose to be drawing me up something. So if I can afford it and make it. I'm down. Sounds like a great idea. Hopefully I and other BOTLs can make it.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad you jokers weren't on the left coast. I could use some add on work to mine.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    This sounds fun. Not the getting inked part but the food, cigars, drinks part. I might just plan it so that I see my extended family in Columbia, MO and then head over to Kentucky. Time to search for flights.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Dude if this was anywhere near me I'd be down like a clown, have so many Tat ideas just lack funds
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I'd be all over this, for moral support if I was back State-side. I'll be there in spirit.
    Light 'em up.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    JHewey:
    Mr Danny boy is suppose to be drawing me up something. So if I can afford it and make it. I'm down. Sounds like a great idea. Hopefully I and other BOTLs can make it.
    Put it on the calandar and budget now brother, would be great to meet you!

jliu:
    This sounds fun. Not the getting inked part but the food, cigars, drinks part. I might just plan it so that I see my extended family in Columbia, MO and then head over to Kentucky. Time to search for flights.
    You gotta make it Jiunn! If you can attend, I KNOW it will be a party for the ages. You're in charge of bringing the pho! :-)

JCizzle:
    I'd be all over this, for moral support if I was back State-side. I'll be there in spirit.
    Thats what they make leave / vacation for Cizzler! We will make it a welcome home Cizzler party too!

Just as a heads up - if you are in Kentucky or in a border state to it (Im looking at you BOTL in MO, IL, IN, OH, WV, VA, NC and TN specifically) and you dont make it to this, there is a very good chance I will never forgive you.

Just throwin it out there. ;-) This has got the chance to be EPIC, and I very much want to meet as many of you as I can.

Sorry brother, looks like I will be missing it by a few days.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Just as a heads up - if you are in Kentucky or in a border state to it (Im looking at you BOTL in MO, IL, IN, OH, WV, VA, NC and TN specifically) and you dont make it to this, there is a very good chance I will never forgive you.

Just throwin it out there. ;-) This has got the chance to be EPIC, and I very much want to meet as many of you as I can.

You're getting the chance to meet me, isn't that enough...?!?
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to do this but with 4 kids and one on the way, all those kids and their activities have me tied up. That isn't a bad thing though. I would love to meet you all and I commented about Toombes helping me cover up a tat. This would be so much fun.
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    The Sniper:

Since I'm a SOTL in OH and not A BOTL, will I be forgiven? ;)
    WhoDeyGal:
    The Sniper:

Your request shall be taken into consideration and voted upon by the council. Lord Camacho and Baron Viaje are not to be trifled with, young lady...
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Count me in(don't know about the ink), I'm always up for a road trip! Who's working on logistics as far as places to stay? Is there a campground nearby?
    Toombes:
    WhoDeyGal:
    The Sniper:

Your request shall be taken into consideration and voted upon by the council. Lord Camacho and Baron Viaje are not to be trifled with, young lady...
    Hehe, understandable sir. Any idea how far you are from us in Dayton, Ohio?
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Look at my new and changed location!!!! I'm in!
    OchoZacho:
    Look at my new and changed location!!!! I'm in!
    You were just faking it anyways, lol
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Depending on ease of access... I might be down, nothing crazy, just some old German style initials... but it'd be fun
    WhoDeyGal:
    Toombes:
    WhoDeyGal:
    The Sniper:

Hehe, understandable sir. Any idea how far you are from us in Dayton, Ohio?

Roughly three hrs, give or take a potty break. If you're thinking about coming for the herf, drive up to Piqua and snag my cousin Mike and drag his sorry aZZ with ya!
    Wow! Seems like we've got some interest in a get together! Awesome! I'm working on logistics as far as lodging is concerned. I live within the borders of two State Parks, so there are places to camp and they also have cabin rentals. I'll be checking on prices for those interested in a rental and can get you the info within a few days, a week at the latest. Since this will go down on a holiday weekend your best bet would be to reserve a cabin in advance. I've also spoken with a few friends who said they would be more than happy to have us invade their house for a throw down. More info to come.

Anyone who thinks that they may want some ink please PM me with your design ideas so I can start working on them. I'll send a copy of the artwork beforehand so changes can be made. It will go much quicker if I can have the stencils made before you get here. JHewey, I've almost got yours done and will forward you a copy. Sniper, yours is in the works too.

I really hope we can make this work and that it could possibly turn into an annual thing. Maybe it could be a rotating herf with a new destination each year. And just for verification, his is not all about me because I lost my job and Glen wants to help put a few coins in my pocket. This is about the Brotherhood/Sisterhood getting together to smoke some awesome cigars, having a few drinks, eating some good food, slinging a little ink and generally getting to meet the anonymous faces behind the avatars so we can have a grand old time! I'm looking forward to seeing my BoTL/SoTL on Labor Day!
    WhoDeyGal:
    The Sniper:

There will be no need to be forgiven silly, as you will be there! :-) I used "BOTL" in the same way a person will stick their head in a room full of people to make an announcement and yell "HEY YOU GUYS!", so no offense was meant to you or ANY SOTL, and Im sincerely sorry if any was given.

All that being said, for the heinous crime of asking silly questions, you are hereby compelled to bring an 8X10 photo of your brother with you & TJ to the herf, so we can put it up in a place of honor so he may symbolically herf with us in spirit if not in actual person.

Pretty please? :-D

Lasabar:
    Depending on ease of access... I might be down, nothing crazy, just some old German style initials... but it'd be fun
    O
    M
    F
    GGGGGGGGGG!!!

Lasabar AND Jiunn in the same place at the same time? This would be the very definition of AWESOME! The state of Kentucky may very well not survive such a thing but hey - what a way to go, eh? :-)

The Sniper:
    Lasabar:
    Depending on ease of access... I might be down, nothing crazy, just some old German style initials... but it will be fun
    O
    M
    F
    GGGGGGGGGG!!!

Lasabar AND Jiunn in the same place at the same time? This would be the very definition of AWESOME! The state of Kentucky may very well not survive such a thing but hey - what a way to go, eh? :-)

Well, Glen, like they say... Attack life, it's gonna kill you anyway! We'll give it a He11 of a run on the way out!
    BTW, Lasabar, I fixed your post for ya!
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    ohh so THAT's the dude you guys keep on talking about. Well then. Hi Lasabar. I am Jiunn. Nice to meet you.
    The Sniper:
    WhoDeyGal:
    The Sniper:

There will be no need to be forgiven silly, as you will be there! :-) I used "BOTL" in the same way a person will stick their head in a room full of people to make an announcement and yell "HEY YOU GUYS!", so no offense was meant to you or ANY SOTL, and Im sincerely sorry if any was given.

All that being said, for the heinous crime of asking silly questions, you are hereby compelled to bring an 8X10 photo of your brother with you & TJ to the herf, so we can put it up in a place of honor so he may symbolically herf with us in spirit if not in actual person.

No offense what so ever. Just teasing ;) we are definitely considering coming. Just depends on money and whatnots. But I do promise to bring a pic and we'll do you one better with a video of him doing the worm! Lol, but shhh don't tell him, hehe.
    WhoDeyGal:
    The Sniper:
    WhoDeyGal:
    The Sniper:

No offense what so ever. Just teasing ;) we are definitely considering coming. Just depends on money and whatnots. But I do promise to bring a pic and we'll do you one better with a video of him doing the worm! Lol, but shhh don't tell him, hehe.
    I was completely drunk, so it doesn't count as factual evidence that it was in fact me!
    BUSTED!!
    By the way, just thought I would mention that I do piercings as well. If tattoos aren't your thing, I have no reservations with shoving a needle through a sensitive body part. Just sayin'...