Home Pipes

What ya smoking?

DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
Got a bowl of Frog Morton Goes to Town. Got a good pack this time. Nice relaxing smoke

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Just finished a bowl of Mcclelland Dominican Glory Maduro. I've been smoking this for about a year and love it! Unlike cigars the maduro leaf is subtle, whereas with cigars it seems to take center stage. If smoked slowly it tastes naturally sweet, a tad citrusy and pretty rich. I always have a tin of it.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Threads like these are gonna bankrupt me soon. I've heard nothing but good things about Frog Morton, and now Jetmech entices me with his McClelland Maduro. Damn, gonna have to make a few purchases now
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I wish I was smoking a bowl of that fantastic Black Maple that J03zr can get from a b&m but instead am having a bowl of Moontrance between shifts
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I'm going to go sit outside and have a bowl of Peter Stokkebye Bullseye flake.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hayblet:
    I wish I was smoking a bowl of that fantastic Black Maple that J03zr can get from a b&m but instead am having a bowl of Moontrance between shifts
    Haven't been to the B&M in a while, but when I go I'll be sure to get a few ounces for you.
    Gawith & Hogarth Brown Irish Twist

• J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Just finished a tin of Dunhill Flake. Overall, not a bad VA but I have had others that I liked better.
    j0z3r:

I really like G&H brown Irish X. It has that cigar spice that is really nice. It is also strong. Take it nice and slow.
    J.S.:
    j0z3r:

I really like G&H brown Irish X. It has that cigar spice that is really nice. It is also strong. Take it nice and slow.
    Tell me about it, haha. This has a ridiculous nicotine hit. I really enjoy the rich, meaty flavor this one offers up. I also like the Sam Gawith Brown Rope #4, similar but different.
    j0z3r:
    J.S.:
    j0z3r:

Tell me about it, haha. This has a ridiculous nicotine hit. I really enjoy the rich, meaty flavor this one offers up. I also like the Sam Gawith Brown Rope #4, similar but different.
    I'm not gonna say what it looks like cause I'm sure we all thought it, buy dayum where did you get it?
    j0z3r:
    Hayblet:
    Haven't been to the B&M in a while, but when I go I'll be sure to get a few ounces for you.
    Also awesome, if I can get a dependable vehicle with 4 wheels instead of 2 I'm gonna make a SoCal herf, till then a boy can dream
    It looks like a dog ****, right? Lol. I picked it up from one of the many dependable pipe retailers of the internet.
    is that a "full" order? lord knows it looks like a big'n (that's totally what she said)
    Hayblet:
    is that a "full" order? lord knows it looks like a big'n (that's totally what she said)

This is not a full pound at least it does not have the look of it. A full order is coiled and has a nail driven through it.
    j0z3r:

That is wicked looking
    J.S.:
    Hayblet:
    This is not a full pound at least it does not have the look of it. A full order is coiled and has a nail driven through it.
    Interesting. That was a 4 oz order. Going for a 1/2 kilo next time though.
    j0z3r:
    J.S.:
    Hayblet:
    Can you take a cross section pic of it?
    j0z3r:
    J.S.:
    Hayblet:

Be careful, this stuff will really ghost a pipe. If you are going that big it might be a good idea to have a pipe or 2 dedicated to just the ropes. They seem to have similar properties (e.g., Sam Gawith #4).
    I would have never thought that pipe tobacco comes in so many configurations. All I ever seen growing up was the ribbon cut. This stuff just gets more interesting all the time.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    j0z3r:

That is wicked looking
    looks like ****. or this one korean pork sausage called soon deh
    J.S.:
    j0z3r:
    J.S.:
    Hayblet:
    Be careful, this stuff will really ghost a pipe. If you are going that big it might be a good idea to have a pipe or 2 dedicated to just the ropes. They seem to have similar properties (e.g., Sam Gawith #4).
    good to know, I'll get a "knock around" pipe when I order some of that stuff (hopefully) in a week n a half
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Frog morton... gotta say I'm pretty impressed.
    wwestern:
    Frog morton... gotta say I'm pretty impressed.
    I've got a can of Frog Morton goes to town. The first pipe tobacco I smoked and I love it.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Grabbed the sampler looking forward to trying them all.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    wwestern:
    Grabbed the sampler looking forward to trying them all.
    Please let me know what you think of them. Having some FMOTT tonight in my churchwarden and love the blend.
    Popped the lid on my Esoterica Margate tonight.. great smell coming out the tin and a nice tobacco flavor out of the pipe.
    Just finished a bowel of G&H Mixture #12. A great relaxing end of the day smoke. Heavy on the lat. but not nearly as much as C&D's Pirate Kake.
    Y'all are gonna make go even more penniless buying all these bulk blends
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Bowl of Capt Black at the moment.
    Had some Dunhill Nightcap. Very enjoyable and relaxing smoke.