Home Non Cigar Related

We need more gun control!

RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
I think that with the current legislation we are to vulnerable because it simply is too easy for criminals to get hold of firearms.
With stronger laws concerning the purchase of guns it would certainly make it harder for the criminals to gain access to weapons.
Folks it is time for us to take guns out of the homes of people before they are enticed to do harm with them.
We all need to band together and loudly state that guns are bad and we do not need them!
I would gladly sponsor a remelting program to transform the vile instruments of death into something useful like paper weights.
Let me know your thoughts on this important matter.

Comments

• RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Let the insanity begin.
    :-)
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    we have enough paper weights.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I checked my calendar Beck.. Aprils Fools Day is still many months away.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    NOPE....sorry bro. To me, that suggestion is nothing short of insanity. Take away cars, they cause more deaths then guns... Ever had your house broken into while you were at home? Ever had a gun pointed to your head? Your mind changes.......fast
    I mean....it's not like the criminals you speak of CAN buy guns legally.... It's not like the government woudl sell them guns either.....wait......MY BAD....
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I miss the sarcasm font?
    catfishbluezz:
    NOPE....sorry bro. To me, that suggestion is nothing short of insanity. Take away cars, they cause more deaths then guns... Ever had your house broken into while you were at home? Ever had a gun pointed to your head? Your mind changes.......fast

That's why I stated to let the insanity begin. I will post A story I read earlier this morning just so everyone will know why I started this thread.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    I mean....it's not like the criminals you speak of CAN buy guns legally.... It's not like the government woudl sell them guns either.....wait......MY BAD....
    Surely you're not implying that our grand government would do such silly *** as selling guns to mexican cartels are you?!
    We should stop selling knives too, and melt all of them....that way criminals can't get knives too.
    http://www.abc4.com/content/about_4/bios/story/conceal-and-carry-stabbing-salt-lake-city-smiths/NDNrL1gxeE2rsRhrWCM9dQ.cspx#.UA2VvEpa_7E.facebook
    RBeckom:
    catfishbluezz:

That's why I stated to let the insanity begin. I will post A story I read earlier this morning just so everyone will know why I started this thread.
    The only insanity was in the initial post bro. Sorry if you think that way.
    catfishbluezz:
    We should stop selling knives too, and melt all of them....that way criminals can't get knives too.
    http://www.abc4.com/content/about_4/bios/story/conceal-and-carry-stabbing-salt-lake-city-smiths/NDNrL1gxeE2rsRhrWCM9dQ.cspx#.UA2VvEpa_7E.facebook

Now were talking. You have the spirit of this thread!
    bandyt09:
    Did I miss the sarcasm font?
    Damnit....hope I didn;t jump the....gun LOL
    wwestern:
    catfishbluezz:
    Surely you're not implying that our grand government would do such silly *** as selling guns to mexican cartels are you?!
    Gotta love the POS leadership we have that let that go down to, the man should be hung for it.
    A special report on the breaking news occurring in a small town located in North West Georgia as of this time.

A new law was passed today in a small country town. A law that proved that left to they're on morality, human nature always shows it's horrible underbelly.

It's vicious thirst for total control of it's brethren.

The law, which was slated to protect the citizens, the good people if you will, backfired almost as soon as it was instated.

You see this particular law actually made it illegal for any adult living within the city limits of the town of Crazyton, Georgia to be caught not carrying a firearm. About the time the law was passed there was a total breakdown of society and it's normal status quo. People that were morally held back by the laws and statute's of the past suddenly found themselves running rampant and forgoing any responsible behaviours. Guns In Every Hand, as the new and controversial law was named, quickly proved to be a complete nightmare. A true breakdown of society.

Burglary: through the roof.

Homicide: an hourly occurrence.

Robberies: almost constant.

Folks in all my years spent as a news reporter I have never even come close to seeing such a horrendous misuse of authority as was perpetuated on the simple town people of Crazyton. Several people were arrested as the crime wave started but then chaos took hold and anarchy, total anarchy, began to run rampant and the police were pushed back to headquarters where they were forced into a self defense situation. Being rendered ineffective, several of the officers actually joined forces with the mob mentality and took the rest of the surviving officers hostage with demands of cash from the local banks for they're safe release.

Not even in my worst nightmares did I ever expect to see what I have bore witness to today. I actually fear for my own safety and the safety of my cameraman.

As of this reporting the Army, which was called in by the Governor, has yet to make an appearance.

Hopefully soon, very soon, they will arrive and restore a somewhat normal standard of living to this small community. The real fear is that night will fall before Marshall Law can be instated to protect everyone including people living outside the city limits as the violence seems to be spreading into the outlying suburbs.

We can only hope as darkness seems to be drawing near...............
    kaspera79:
    I checked my calendar Beck.. Aprils Fools Day is still many months away.

There's been too much serious debate lately so I thought I would lighten up the mood a little.
    catfishbluezz:
    RBeckom:
    catfishbluezz:

Do you not think that the world would be a better place without guns?
    RBeckom:
    catfishbluezz:
    RBeckom:
    catfishbluezz:

Do you not think that the world would be a better place without guns?
    Got me bro....
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    hmmmm... i thought this thread already existed. whatever.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Well yew kin speak for youre self, but I need a lots o guns, 'cause I hate the guvermint & the guvermint is a-takin away all my liberties & I need a tank & a bunch of stanger missiles & a bunch of AK 47's & a Wal-Mart full of ammo, & a nuclear submarine to protect my self from the guvermint.

My name is Billy Bob Rambo & I approve o this message. So put thet in yer pipe & choke it down.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    ...you said "let the insanity begin"...
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    I will post A story I read earlier this morning just so everyone will know why I started this thread.

I googled "Crazyton, Georgia" just to see if there was any validity to this story. The first thing that popped up was a story written by an online author under the name of rodbeck. It's a pretty fun work of fiction. I'd actually be interested to read more. Maybe you could develop this into more of a short story narrative? Just a suggestion. But in response to the actual topic at hand....

• SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    i clicked on this while shaking my head but got a good laugh out of it. I was thinking as i started reading the first couple of posts how easy it is for someone, even myself, to get dang near any gun you can imagine (be it legally or not) and the sad thing is that a lot of the guns iv'e "never seen" were ex us military guns. im glad ole billy bob is visiting the warden now though.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Guns are for ****. I use a chainsaw for home defense.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    I am not mechanically inclined, so I will be a puss. Besides, having to push the little primer bubble x10 then try and start the damn thing, how did Mr. Chainsaw Massacre ever do it?
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    marineatbn03:
    Russ55:
    I am not mechanically inclined, so I will be a puss. Besides, having to push the little primer bubble x10 then try and start the damn thing, how did Mr. Chainsaw Massacre ever do it?
    electric start.
    kuzi16:
    hmmmm... i thought this thread already existed. whatever.

I chose to let my lighter personality rise up and be heard yesterday. It was bored from being in the shadows for so long.
    And yes, that is to say that I actually feel good for a change.
    JDH:
    Well yew kin speak for youre self, but I need a lots o guns, 'cause I hate the guvermint & the guvermint is a-takin away all my liberties & I need a tank & a bunch of stanger missiles & a bunch of AK 47's & a Wal-Mart full of ammo, & a nuclear submarine to protect my self from the guvermint.

My name is Billy Bob Rambo & I approve o this message. So put thet in yer pipe & choke it down.

I personally have eleven guns and would not hesitate to cut the throat of anyone who tried to take them from me!
    And no, I am not kidding about that, I could not be more serious about anything.
    I too am tired of all the anti-gun legislation the government has tried to force down our throats!
    Shoot fast and live hard my friends.
    skweekz:
    RBeckom:
    I will post A story I read earlier this morning just so everyone will know why I started this thread.

I googled "Crazyton, Georgia" just to see if there was any validity to this story. The first thing that popped up was a story written by an online author under the name of rodbeck. It's a pretty fun work of fiction. I'd actually be interested to read more. Maybe you could develop this into more of a short story narrative? Just a suggestion. But in response to the actual topic at hand....

Perhaps in the future after I have taken my meds.
    Who knows what devilment I may come up with?
    Did anyone notice that given the right circumstances even gun control can be discussed without animosity towards each other?
    Perhaps we might even learn a lesson from this little experiment.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I really think that tougher laws won't really fix anything. We as a culture are violent. I mean we celebrate it. Guns are only a weapon, people are the one's who make them killers. If say ar-15's were illegal one could easily get one on the "black" market. Maybe it would be a bit harder than say the average joe walking into a gun show but one could still get them. Just like anything that is "ILLEGAL".

And what about all the guns that are still around? I mean just because a law is made saying you can't buy a AK, well there are so many already around you may be able to find one or hell maybe a person who owned one will go nuts. Thing is there will always be some whacko killing others. Making a bomb is easy so are we going to ban all the parts needed? Making gas is easy too.

I own a few weapons that I shoot regularly and enjoy it. I also have 30 round mags as I like having 10 more rounds to shoot off and it's a bit less reloading. Do I need them? No, handguns will work just fine but I like knowing that if the sh-i-t does hit the fan I don't want to be unarmed when perps go trashing my neighbor hood.