Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..... and they get better with age
  • Bklyn78Bklyn78 Posts: 65
    It's my second favorite from 5vegas.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    ..... and they get better with age
    With age they are great. My first cask was one with almost 3 years on it. Kinda ruined it for all other cask unless I age them. This cigar was great!
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    *cringe* and i have a dozen in the cooler
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    ??? Why are you cringing? Because you don't like them or because you won't bs able to let them sit that long?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if you think those are good, you would have loved the original cask strength. all of these are technically the Cask Strength II. the CSI ruined me on the CSII. its similar but not the same.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    if you think those are good, you would have loved the original cask strength. all of these are technically the Cask Strength II. the CSI ruined me on the CSII. its similar but not the same.
    Can't find the I's anywhere with old label, very good!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
    jgibv:
    taythegibs:
    ??? Why are you cringing? Because you don't like them or because you won't bs able to let them sit that long?
    they are just way too tempting.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta agree. This is one very good cigar.
    Worth aging a bunch. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    taythegibs:
    jgibv:
    taythegibs:
    I feel your pain Taylor. I got myself a box last winter thinking I would age them, but have gone through them like candy....le sigh.

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    kuzi16:
    Can't find the I's anywhere with old label, very good!!
    I hear ya
  • seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    JHewey, I posted in "WHATCHA SMOKIN TONIGHT" That I think U are one of the few AWESOME cigar smokers and U always have what is to be the most Premiums out on the market, you know what is a good smoke I always look forward to checking in on what U are smoking. you never let me down, I wanted to know is that a picture of U in the Aviat are I posted my picture I think we have a tight nit cigar family here and we should know what we look like, we are all lucky the cigar world is a small and elite group and it is my honor to post with all of U
    jgibv:
    taythegibs:
    jgibv:
    taythegibs:
    I feel your pain Taylor. I got myself a box last winter thinking I would age them, but have gone through them like candy....le sigh.
    i had to bury them under 2 layers of other cigars... i still might go dig one out :D
  • Just my two cents... If you are going to review a cigar, don't you think you should review it? I mean...you said you liked it...WOW.. Have you ever had a Padron Family Reserve? Now that's a good smoke my friend.
    PadronPete:
    Just my two cents... If you are going to review a cigar, don't you think you should review it? I mean...you said you liked it...WOW.. Have you ever had a Padron Family Reserve? Now that's a good smoke my friend.

I knew I liked this guy!!! And he has a strong name too!
  • Vision:
    PadronPete:
    Just my two cents... If you are going to review a cigar, don't you think you should review it? I mean...you said you liked it...WOW.. Have you ever had a Padron Family Reserve? Now that's a good smoke my friend.

I'm not trying to be rude... But I will be. I smoke cigars that have taste, and if you like that cigar, that is fine. It would be nice to know why you like that cigar. I like Laphroaig because I like the peaty, smokey and clean finish; thus, if I wanted to review such a fine spirit, I might include such sentiments. However, if you are going to come on to a respectable cigar site and post in a review section, please don't unless you have something constructive to say. Personally, I tasted horse ***, grass, burnt toad, and fiddle sticks the last time I smoked a 5 Vegas cigar.
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    PadronPete:
    Vision:
    PadronPete:

I'm not trying to be rude... But I will be. I smoke cigars that have taste, and if you like that cigar, that is fine. It would be nice to know why you like that cigar. I like Laphroaig because I like the peaty, smokey and clean finish; thus, if I wanted to review such a fine spirit, I might include such sentiments. However, if you are going to come on to a respectable cigar site and post in a review section, please don't unless you have something constructive to say. Personally, I tasted horse ***, grass, burnt toad, and fiddle sticks the last time I smoked a 5 Vegas cigar.
    Lmfao.. please enlighten us with a review of your own perhaps?
  • bigfnsteve:
    PadronPete:
    Vision:
    PadronPete:

Lmfao.. please enlighten us with a review of your own perhaps?
    I do not mind reviewing a cigar, but not some crap like this made of pig feed. I can gaurentee you one thing my friend. If I take the time to review a cigar, I will not resort to posting a picture and telling people this is good; hence, my disdain for losing a brain cell and firing a synapse to click on my mouse when I opened up this horrid review.
  • I'll put it to you this way gents. No offense to whom posted this nonsense, but I loose respect when I see things like this. This is not a review, and it dimishes the credibility of the site. I believe this same gentlemen posted a picture in another thread that was ridiculous looking. By all means, I will give credit where credit is due; accordingly, I will call a spade a spade. If it looks like a duck....
    PadronPete:
    I'll put it to you this way gents. No offense to whom posted this nonsense, but I loose respect when I see things like this. This is not a review, and it dimishes the credibility of the site. I believe this same gentlemen posted a picture in another thread that was ridiculous looking. By all means, I will give credit where credit is due; accordingly, I will call a spade a spade. If it looks like a duck....
    This really isn't that kind of a "review" forum. Most of us just post what we like.
    If you want good reviews, then post them yourself.
    A lot of us wait for the guys who know how to put things like that into words.
    If you are looking for a "connoisseur" site, then you are bound to be disappointed in this forum.

There are some of the guys who post up some excellent full on review articles of cigars, but for the most part, it's just a bunch of guys BS'ing. That is what this forum is about.

Since we're being straight forward, if your looking for a review forum were the posts are criticized as much as the cigar, this probably isn't the one you are looking for.

And I gotta tell you, I've been to dozens of forums and a lot of them have that "snobbish" attitude where you may fit in better with.
    We have no problem with hanging out with you, but if you're expecting the aristrocratic attitude, we most likely aren't gonna meet your expectations.
    Just sayin.

Oh about calling the picture in another thread ridiculous looking. Seriously?
    That is pretty disrespectful.

These folks in this forum come from all walks of life. We all have on thing in common. We like cigars.
    To cop an attitude with them, because their posts don't meet your criteria in a forum that YOU ARE A NOOB in, is pretty arrogant.
    Sorry, just calling a spade a spade.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • 0patience:
    PadronPete:
    I'll put it to you this way gents. No offense to whom posted this nonsense, but I loose respect when I see things like this. This is not a review, and it dimishes the credibility of the site. I believe this same gentlemen posted a picture in another thread that was ridiculous looking. By all means, I will give credit where credit is due; accordingly, I will call a spade a spade. If it looks like a duck....
    This really isn't that kind of a "review" forum. Most of us just post what we like.
    If you are looking for a "connoisseur" site, then you are bound to be disappointed in this forum.

There are some of the guys who post up some excellent full on review articles of cigars, but for the most part, it's just a bunch of guys BS'ing. That is what this forum is about.

Since we're being straight forward, if your looking for a review forum were the posts are criticized as much as the cigar, this probably isn't the one you are looking for.

And I gotta tell you, I've been to dozens of forums and a lot of them have that "snobbish" attitude where you may fit in better with.
    We have no problem with hanging out with you, but if you're expecting the aristrocratic attitude, we most likely aren't gonna meet your expectations.
    Just sayin.

These folks in this forum come from all walks of life. We all have on thing in common. We like cigars.
    To cop an attitude with them, because their posts don't meet your criteria in a forum that YOU ARE A NOOB in, is pretty arrogant.
    My apologies if I have offended you Mr. 0Patientce. I am not a noob as termed in this great community; rather, a spade amongst men. I guess I expected a little more, as I would not post a picture in a review section saying, "this is good...buy it." I have enjoyed many cigars of less prominence in my time, only now do I choose to not subject myself to most of them as I cherish the time I spend with my cigars.

I figured out the line break from this post too lol... Nice forum I must say, and the gentlemen thus far are quite entertaining. I am far from an aristocrat and despise them for the most part. To be honest, most of them I see in cigar shops have no clue what they are buying and smoking. They either look for the biggest dumbest darkest 7x70 they can find, or use price tags. You cannot put a price on Kelner or Padron when it comes to an enjoyable experience. You can; however, taste the price in said experience, when Victor Sinclair joins the herf.

So far I have seen some nice reviews so i will concentrate on replying to them, instead of pictures. Again, my apologies if I offended you and my penance will show my sincerity.

Regards,
    Pete
    As I stated, We have no problem with hanging with you.
    You will find I am a very out spoken person and have no problem with stepping on toes when someone is out of line on the folks I consider my friends and am very loyal to those same folks.

Getting acclimated to this forum, because it is so different is sometimes a trial and error thing.
    And errors need to be corrected. I have no problem explaining that.
    I hold no animosities to anyone. But also have no problems with saying my peace.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • 0patience:
    You will find I am a very out spoken person and have no problem with stepping on toes when someone is out of line on the folks I consider my friends and am very loyal to those same folks.

Getting acclimated to this forum, because it is so different is sometimes a trial and error thing.
    I hold no animosities to anyone. But also have no problems with saying my peace.
    Neither do I, which is probalby why we butt'ed heads eh? I've spent plenty of time in violent altercations that I prefer the calm and relaxation of a good smoke and a fine drink. I also like clowns. image
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    PadronPete:
    0patience:

Neither do I, which is probalby why we butt'ed heads eh? I've spent plenty of time in violent altercations that I prefer the calm and relaxation of a good smoke and a fine drink. I also like clowns. image
    Dude your about as random as rosanne barr signing the national anthem.
  • bigfnsteve:
    PadronPete:
    0patience:

Dude your about as random as rosanne barr signing the national anthem.
    I like clowns, they make me laugh. I am sorry if this offends you, I will not post any more clowns. Do you like champagne?
    A smart man knows what to say. A wise man knows whether to say it or not.
    I am out spoken, but I don't try to offend or talk down. Only when absolutely necessary.
    This is a great bunch of folks and will treat you good, IF you treat them good.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    PadronPete:

Just sayin.

I'm with Opatience, I think he has described the atmosphere here perfectly. Oh, and I love the CS II, wish I'd had the CS I. Also, I'm loving watching Seagarlover discover these cigars, this one and recently the GHV, some of my favorites, affordable, too.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    taythegibs:
    jgibv:
    taythegibs:
    jgibv:
    taythegibs:
    i had to bury them under 2 layers of other cigars... i still might go dig one out :D
    Dooo eeeeet! You won't be disappointed - this is my favorite regular production 5V.
    It's been a while since I smoked one, but from what I remember there was lots of creamy smoke, some hints of black pepper, and cedar/woody flavors.
    Also, FWIW - if you're looking for a drink pairing...try a glass of Cab with this one. I can't remember why I liked this combo so much, but I remember that I loved it and thought they went great together. If you end up smoking one and/or pairing it with a Cab, let us know your thoughts.

Nachos
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Frankly some long drawn out reviews bore me. A brother flashing a pic and saying he loved it works for me even if he is smoking a VS!