Home Non Cigar Related

Dear Lord

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Did anyone else see this? I told my mom not to get used to getting those checks.

http://www.infowars.com/social-security-administration-to-purchase-174-thousand-rounds-of-hollow-point-bullets/

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Hey, when the checks dry up and those old folks charge the SS building, they'll need hollowpoints to manage the generation that fought through WWII
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Hey, when the checks dry up and those old folks charge the SS building, they'll need hollowpoints to manage the generation that fought through WWII
    Strange way of saying thanks for your service.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scary...but kind of not surprising
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Makes you wonder how far the government will go to protect it's self........
    And it's aggressive agenda!
    As a precaution we all should invest in bazookas.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    December 21st? End of the World? Makes sense to get these to protect from people trying to get into the underground bunkers without a ticket-----just saying.
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    and if it doesn't end there's going to be a lot of births on September 20, 2013
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The buffalonian:
    and if it doesn't end there's going to be a lot of births on September 20, 2013
    lol, my bet's on the baby boom
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    .357 rounds at that,,,, My moneys on the .762 rounds!!!
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    I looked this up on SNOPES. http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/ssabullets.asp

It is true that the SSA is purchasing this ammo. It is also true that they employ just under 300 special agents with full law enforcement authority who work in 66 locations across the US. The ammo is "standard issue" for many law enforcement agencies, and will be used for mandantory quarterly firearms qualifications. That works out to around 75 rounds per quarter for each officer, in a 2 year cycle. That seems fairly normal and reasonable to me. (Except that they may have chosen a less expensive training round, but none of us are privy to any of the facts that went into the decision to choose this round for training purposes.)

Many people on this forum have rightly pointed out that if you buy in bulk, it is almost always for economic reasons. The SSA Officers have to train, and it seems that a decision has been made to use this round for training purposes. I am satisfied that this ammo purchase is not for any alarmist reasons regarding a pending economic collapse.

If you look for the worst, you will surely find it, but that doesn't mean you've found the truth.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    JDH:

It is true that the SSA is purchasing this ammo. It is also true that they employ just under 300 special agents with full law enforcement authority who work in 66 locations across the US. The ammo is "standard issue" for many law enforcement agencies, and will be used for mandantory quarterly firearms qualifications. That works out to around 75 rounds per quarter for each officer, in a 2 year cycle. That seems fairly normal and reasonable to me. (Except that they may have chosen a less expensive training round, but none of us are privy to any of the facts that went into the decision to choose this round for training purposes.)

Many people on this forum have rightly pointed out that if you buy in bulk, it is almost always for economic reasons. The SSA Officers have to train, and it seems that a decision has been made to use this round for training purposes. I am satisfied that this ammo purchase is not for any alarmist reasons regarding a pending economic collapse.

If you look for the worst, you will surely find it, but that doesn't mean you've found the truth.
    And if you dismiss the obvious? Remember where this topic brought us last time?LOL
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    JDH:

Well that makes me feel a bit better. Thanks for the info.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    JDH:

nice way to dig. It does sound like a lot but I'm sure if someone posted an article about how much ammo the DOD bought for all the bases in the US people would freak out, as the number would be HUGE.
    beatnic:
    JDH:

And if you dismiss the obvious? Remember where this topic brought us last time?LOL
    The obvious is that the Uniformed Officers are required to train to maintain their marksmanship, and that requires ammunition. Discarding the obvious would be silly.
    JDH:
    beatnic:
    JDH:

The obvious is that the Uniformed Officers are required to train to maintain their marksmanship, and that requires ammunition. Discarding the obvious would be silly.
    I don't know why the SSA needs law enforcement that carry people-killing ammo. Or for that matter, the National Weather service? IRS? TSA?
    He has said it himself. He wants a homeland army as big as our international force. Why? For what purpose? What is the administration afraid ?
    beatnic:
    JDH:
    beatnic:
    JDH:

I don't know why the SSA needs law enforcement that carry people-killing ammo. Or for that matter, the National Weather service? IRS? TSA?
    He has said it himself. He wants a homeland army as big as our international force. Why? For what purpose? What is the administration afraid ?
    who said that?
    beatnic:
    JDH:
    beatnic:
    JDH:

Don't be so paranoid.
    JDH:
    beatnic:
    JDH:
    beatnic:
    JDH:

Don't be so paranoid.
    Don't be so trusting of your government. Question with boldness.
    beatnic:
    JDH:
    beatnic:
    JDH:
    beatnic:
    JDH:

Don't be so paranoid.
    Don't be so trusting of your government. Question with boldness.
    I agree, Govt isn't something that shouldn't be left alone without any transparency, it's very sad that it has been more secretive and less transparent. Especially since the likes of the "patriot act" were made law.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    JDH:

STOP THIS! Can you NOT SEE THAT OBAMA IS GOING TO KILL US! This is JUST like when we installed the Embargo on CUBA and JFK brought back THOUSANDS OF CUBANS. OBAMA WILL TAKE ALL THE AMMO AND GUNS AWAY AND THEN USE THE BULLETS AGAINST US!

How much did they pay you? What branch of government are you working for... LEMME GUESS, It's TOP SECRET and no taxable organization can claim you on any PAPERWORK!

I"m not dumb SIR... I"M INFORMED AND WILLING TO FIGHT THIS!
    Lasabar:
    JDH:

STOP THIS! Can you NOT SEE THAT OBAMA IS GOING TO KILL US! This is JUST like when we installed the Embargo on CUBA and JFK brought back THOUSANDS OF CUBANS. OBAMA WILL TAKE ALL THE AMMO AND GUNS AWAY AND THEN USE THE BULLETS AGAINST US!

How much did they pay you? What branch of government are you working for... LEMME GUESS, It's TOP SECRET and no taxable organization can claim you on any PAPERWORK!

If this is sarcasm, my appologies for the following.

Sorry, no, I don't see any of this, and I have seen no indication that Obama, or anyone else is taking any steps to take any guns or ammo away from anybody.

Instead of "fighting this" you might want to consider building yourself a windmill and go play Don Quixote. It would be more productive.
    JDH:
    I swear police agencies have the same letters/memos/press statements they just fill in the names of the agencies. I never knew SSA had police. There is way too many police agencies in this country, more than in any country I would suppose. We are F-cked if the Sh-t hits the fan.
    phobicsquirrel:
    JDH:
    I swear police agencies have the same letters/memos/press statements they just fill in the names of the agencies. I never knew SSA had police. There is way too many police agencies in this country, more than in any country I would suppose. We are F-cked if the Sh-t hits the fan.
    I would expect that the country with the worlds largest prison population would also have a lot of police.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    JDH:
    Lasabar:
    JDH:

Sorry, no, I don't see any of this, and I have seen no indication that Obama, or anyone else is taking any steps to take any guns or ammo away from anybody.

Instead of "fighting this" you might want to consider building yourself a windmill and go play Don Quixote. It would be more productive.
    Very much Sarcasm... I am comfortably in the middle. I don't think anyone is out to take over my rights just yet, but I also don't think that everything is hunky-dory...
    Lasabar:
    JDH:
    Lasabar:
    JDH:

Very much Sarcasm... I am comfortably in the middle. I don't think anyone is out to take over my rights just yet, but I also don't think that everything is hunky-dory...
    My appologies, again then. My bad.

I really don't know where the middle is anymore, but I am convinced that the NRA is a hard right extremist organization that drives most of the paranoia on this issue. FYI - We've always had guns in my family - and we've been in the US since the Revolution (one of my relatives was a Colonel in Washington's Army). However, when Wayne LaPiere took over the NRA, both my father and grandfather quit their memberships, and I will not join as long as they maintain their paranoid obstructionist rhetoric.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    JDH:
    Lasabar:
    JDH:

Fast and Furious was just that and attempt at the second ammendment. You have to realise that it's not just going to come one day where the government says "give us your guns!" it's going to be a slow process starting with increased gun control. The government is playing a game of chess against your rights, stop looking for chutes and ladders type moves.
    wwestern:
    Lasabar:
    JDH:
    Lasabar:
    JDH:

Fast and Furious was just that and attempt at the second ammendment. You have to realise that it's not just going to come one day where the government says "give us your guns!" it's going to be a slow process starting with increased gun control. The government is playing a game of chess against your rights, stop looking for chutes and ladders type moves.
    Paranoia and propaganda will not trump logic, reason, and facts in my world. You're entitled to your opinion, but I ain't buyin it.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    wwestern:
    Lasabar:
    JDH:
    Lasabar:
    JDH:

Just throwing this out there, I work for the government, and no agency I have seen has been able to successfully execute a basic short term project... and I should watch out for a multi-decade chess game spanning many agencies and administrations, with no credible leaks occurring in all that time? While we citizens should always be vigilant defending our rights, I am hard pressed to believe our politicians can handle long term conspiratorial maneuverings.
    jthanatos:
    wwestern:
    Lasabar:
    JDH:
    Lasabar:
    JDH:

Just throwing this out there, I work for the government, and no agency I have seen has been able to successfully execute a basic short term project... and I should watch out for a multi-decade chess game spanning many agencies and administrations, with no credible leaks occurring in all that time? While we citizens should always be vigilant defending our rights, I am hard pressed to believe our politicians can handle long term conspiratorial maneuverings.
    I am equally hard pressed to understand why so many people WANT to believe the government of the United States is conspiring against them to take away their guns and ammo. Every time a new rumor gets started, ammo sales go through the roof, and somebody gets rich all over again. It's like watching a real life puppet show.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    JDH:

Well that makes me feel a bit better. Thanks for the info.
    Anyone know why the Weather Bureau is buying ammo?

"Long ashes my friends."