Home General Discussion

Need some gift help from you guys.

One of my best friends is getting married on June 26th, and the groomsmen are trying to come up with a gift to give him. We're looking at something under 200$, we are poor college kids you know. He is into cigars, is an IT guy at his university, and has torn apart his Focus more times than I can remember. He also has a humi, but I believe its about a 25 count, I haven't seen it yet.

Oh and I almost forgot, his favorite brand is Joya de Nicaragua, he is a full bodied cigar nut.

Comments

• Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I would say the CotM club subscription, but that could be a problem if his humi is that small. You guys could always get him a bigger one as well. Are you looking for specifically cigars?
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Box of Oliva Series V. Like Joya, it is Nicaraguan made and is rated 94. In 2007, it was cigar aficionados #2 cigar of the year and remains one of the most popular full bodied cigars on the premium cigar market.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'd say a new humidor, you can get some really nice ones for around $100, then you have a little less than $100 to put some sticks in. Maybe the full-body sampler and a couple of his favorites?
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    I'd say a new humidor, you can get some really nice ones for around $100, then you have a little less than $100 to put some sticks in. Maybe the full-body sampler and a couple of his favorites?
    Alien's new avatar is freeeeeeakeeeeee.
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    Alex Svenson:
    Box of Oliva Series V. Like Joya, it is Nicaraguan made and is rated 94. In 2007, it was cigar aficionados #2 cigar of the year and remains one of the most popular full bodied cigars on the premium cigar market.
    Im with Alex, the Oliva V is probably the best full-bodied out there based on value. It shares top honors with the padilla 32 in my book.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Luko:
    alienmisprint:
    Alien's new avatar is freeeeeeakeeeeee.
    Yeah it is, it looks like a baby with a giant roach or bug pincers coming out of his mouth. I'm liking the ideas, might go with a new humi, then fill the sucker.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I'm with Alex on this. However, if you feel like getting him a Humi then like Alien said get a $100 humi and then get approx $100 of the Oliva V. Best of both worlds!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I'd call up the boys at Ccom and tell them you want the biggest humidor they can sell you and a Box of Oliva Serie V's Beli's and you want it for $200. See what they can do. I mean a Box of Beli's are $118 they might be able to work a nice deal for you.