Home General Discussion
Options

Need some gift help from you guys.

One of my best friends is getting married on June 26th, and the groomsmen are trying to come up with a gift to give him. We're looking at something under 200$, we are poor college kids you know. He is into cigars, is an IT guy at his university, and has torn apart his Focus more times than I can remember. He also has a humi, but I believe its about a 25 count, I haven't seen it yet.

Oh and I almost forgot, his favorite brand is Joya de Nicaragua, he is a full bodied cigar nut.

Comments

• Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I would say the CotM club subscription, but that could be a problem if his humi is that small. You guys could always get him a bigger one as well. Are you looking for specifically cigars?
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Box of Oliva Series V. Like Joya, it is Nicaraguan made and is rated 94. In 2007, it was cigar aficionados #2 cigar of the year and remains one of the most popular full bodied cigars on the premium cigar market.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'd say a new humidor, you can get some really nice ones for around $100, then you have a little less than $100 to put some sticks in. Maybe the full-body sampler and a couple of his favorites?
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    I'd say a new humidor, you can get some really nice ones for around $100, then you have a little less than $100 to put some sticks in. Maybe the full-body sampler and a couple of his favorites?
    Alien's new avatar is freeeeeeakeeeeee.
  • Options
    VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    Alex Svenson:
    Box of Oliva Series V. Like Joya, it is Nicaraguan made and is rated 94. In 2007, it was cigar aficionados #2 cigar of the year and remains one of the most popular full bodied cigars on the premium cigar market.
    Im with Alex, the Oliva V is probably the best full-bodied out there based on value. It shares top honors with the padilla 32 in my book.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Luko:
    alienmisprint:
    Alien's new avatar is freeeeeeakeeeeee.
    Yeah it is, it looks like a baby with a giant roach or bug pincers coming out of his mouth. I'm liking the ideas, might go with a new humi, then fill the sucker.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I'm with Alex on this. However, if you feel like getting him a Humi then like Alien said get a $100 humi and then get approx $100 of the Oliva V. Best of both worlds!
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I'd call up the boys at Ccom and tell them you want the biggest humidor they can sell you and a Box of Oliva Serie V's Beli's and you want it for $200. See what they can do. I mean a Box of Beli's are $118 they might be able to work a nice deal for you.