Home General Discussion

My poor poor cigar.

nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
I was sitting outside last night smoking a God of Fire. I was minding my own business listening to music on my headphones and not bothering anyone. (enter drunk a$$ soldier) Said soldier crashes into my hand that was holding the GOF and resting on a brick wall, destroying my god of fire.

I am a very calm and fair NCO, but i had to hold myself back and kept repeating in my head "its not worth losing rank, its not worth losing rank" because that soldier was very very close to having copious amounts of blood leave his face.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ***.... I've never had anyone else ruin my stick, but I am mad enough when I drop one.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    That sucks. Sorry to hear it. Hopefully things look up this weekend.

Artist's representation of what that soldier narrowly avoided.
  • nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    jthanatos:
    That sucks. Sorry to hear it. Hopefully things look up this weekend.

Artist's representation of what that soldier narrowly avoided.

That is a very very accurate rendtition. Like i said i am a very calm person, but only because i get tired of buying new clothes.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    when he sobers up you may wanna have a nice calm chat about how he ruined a difficult to get work of art cigar. maybe good will come out of it. worse case he'll say "f-off" and you are where you are right now. ... sad.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps I can help..........
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks nick, sorry dude.....
    kuzi16:
    when he sobers up you may wanna have a nice calm chat about how he ruined a difficult to get work of art cigar. maybe good will come out of it. worse case he'll say "f-off" and you are where you are right now. ... sad.
    ^^^^^ but +1 to this, very good idea and maybe you'll be able to teach him a little something about cigars so he's more aware in the future and doesn't make this mistake again :-(

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang. It must be contagious. I lit a breva in the garage, dropped it, rolled a chair leg over the cherry . There goes six bits worth of crap cigar.

Okay so not the same but...
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

I found the soldier today and told him how angry I was when he destroyed my cigar, and how expensive and special to me it was. The soldier's mouth dropped open, he profusely apologized and offered to either replace it or give me the money for it. I told him not to worry about it, to keep better control of himself when drinking, and that if it happened again i would smoke him 'til he died.

smoke, smoked, - a common used word or phrase in the military, to be forced to do physical training exercises until you are so tired and sweating so much that steam rises off the top of your head, usually because of something wrong or stupid you did.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Off with his head!
    I can only dream of smoking such a cigar and to have one ruined..........
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    nickiam:
    I found the soldier today and told him how angry I was when he destroyed my cigar, and how expensive and special to me it was. The soldier's mouth dropped open, he profusely apologized and offered to either replace it or give me the money for it. I told him not to worry about it, to keep better control of himself when drinking, and that if it happened again i would smoke him 'til he died.

smoke, smoked, - a common used word or phrase in the military, to be forced to do physical training exercises until you are so tired and sweating so much that steam rises off the top of your head, usually because of something wrong or stupid you did.
    Atta boy!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    OOORAH. appropriate way to use this no? context correct no?
    correct context, but army's is HOOAH pronounced hoo-uh
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    i see. hoooah. i'm learning so much about cigars and the military.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    nickiam:

Atta boy!!
    +2. sounds like you were able to "enlighten" him.
    way to take the high road brother.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *