Home Ratings & Reviews

Camacho Liberty???

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
Hey all, I have a question about the Camacho Liberties. I've never had one and noticed that my B&M just put out some 2006's. Was this a particularly good year? Was a particular year's Liberty exceptionally better than others? Any that really weren't very good? Do they age well? Basically, I need a history lesson on the smokability of the Liberties. I'm not sure if there is someone here with extensive knowledge on this line, but I thought I'd check. Thanks!
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Hey all, I have a question about the Camacho Liberties. I've never had one and noticed that my B&M just put out some 2006's. Was this a particularly good year? Was a particular year's Liberty exceptionally better than others? Any that really weren't very good? Do they age well? Basically, I need a history lesson on the smokability of the Liberties. I'm not sure if there is someone here with extensive knowledge on this line, but I thought I'd check. Thanks!
    never tried the liberties, passed up a deal online awhile back. im sure someone here knows all about em tho!! lol
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    The 2005 was good. Never had the 2006.
    The 2007 was REALLY good.
    The 2010 is probably my favorite.

They age well, but I've seen a few get moldy if left in their coffins (different BoTL and different sources).
    I never store cigars in tubos or coffins, so I haven't run across that.

I guess like with anything else, it depends on what you like, and what price it's available for.
    That being said, None of the Liberty's that I've had were BAD.

There are guys out there that are absolutely nuts about their Liberty's and almost get into fist fights about which year is "the best".
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed 2006 and 2007 the most.
    Thanks Sleeve, you decided my smoke for this evening!

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input so far. Really appreciate it. Which one is that, Steve?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve2010:
    Thanks Sleeve, you decided my smoke for this evening!

ooooooooooo ... that's pretty.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    SleevePlz:
    2007. Lots of nutmeg/cinnamon notes. Rich, creamy smoke.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    1+
    Steve2010:
    SleevePlz:
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve2010:
    SleevePlz:
    Yet another on the list! Damn once you find them you then you have to pay for them..ughh
    Bigshizza:
    Steve2010:
    SleevePlz:
    Yet another on the list! Damn once you find them you then you have to pay for them..ughh
    The scary part is to me, the 2010 is even better.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Crap!!!!!! Now I'm already fixin on more spending!!!!! This forum is bad for my wallet!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Crap!!!!!! Now I'm already fixin on more spending!!!!! This forum is bad for my wallet!!
    What this guy said! haha. Why can't I just save my $$ anymore...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    06 was not bad. I didn't care of the 07 but have more still resting. 2010 wasn't bad. 08 is my favorite out of the line.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i had a 2006 liberty. i wasnt too impressed. i havent had any liberty release since 2007. they are good smokes but the PE is better. frankly i like the Corojo LTD line better than the liberty line.
  • pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    I had an '09 recently with a good bit of plume on it, and it was like smoking american cheese melted on apple pie on independence day. Well, it didnt taste anything like that, but you get the picture.
  • pnaylon:
    I had an '09 recently with a good bit of plume on it, and it was like smoking american cheese melted on apple pie on independence day. Well, it didnt taste anything like that, but you get the picture.
    I'm glad because that doesn't sound very tasty.