Home Ratings & Reviews

Nub Dub

HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
I haven't started a thread in a while, so I figured I'd start one about a CIGAR :-)

Never had the Nub Dub but damn you mtucelli I can't get Nub Dub Nub Dub out of my head. Anyone have a review? What would you compare it to? I've only had one Nub ever - Nub Maduro - and I thought it was pretty good but didn't knock my socks off. Decent maduro but nothing to write home about, kinda along the line of a Black Pearl or something. Thoughts on the Nub Dub?

Comments

• HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Well f*** me I see that these were a limited c.com exclusive and are gone??

Please do not respond to this thread unless you are going to talk about how much they sucked. Much obliged.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not know that. I wanted to try these, and figured I could grab some whenever. Lol welp...
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Heavy:

Please do not respond to this thread unless you are going to talk about how much they sucked. Much obliged.
    I didn't know they were limited run. Well, I can tell you that it tasted like pure hatred, and smelled like Indian food wrapped in a dirty diaper. Hope that makes you feel better!
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    totally agree
    y2pascoe:
    Heavy:

I didn't know they were limited run. Well, I can tell you I enjoyed the heck out it.
    Dammit pascoe that is EXACTLY what I did not want to hear now that I probably won't ever smoke one of these. Please edit your post to reflect how horribly disgusting these were....;-)

Someone posted somewhere on here that they were c.com limited releases, that's all I know (and why I put in the "??"s). If anyone can confirm/deny, please do. I too had them on my list to try. I can't find them listed on the website at all.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I think I noticed that they disappeared from the big list within the past week or so. They were sold out for a little while before that. Not much help I know. I too had been eyeballing them for a little while but didn't ever jump on them.
    I posted that. i got the info from my local oliva/nub rep at a local event. im assuming he was telling me the truth.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGreen gave me 3 over the past 6 months or so. If there was a Nub to smoke this was/is the one. I have one left. I remember thinking Burnt coffee (in a good way) and chocolate. I may have to revist the last one soon. All this talk of all of his brothers and sisters being gone makes my humi sad =(
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Heavy:
    y2pascoe:
    Heavy:

I didn't know they were limited run. Well, I can tell you I enjoyed the heck out it.
    Dammit pascoe that is EXACTLY what I did not want to hear now that I probably won't ever smoke one of these. Please edit your post to reflect how horribly disgusting these were....;-)

Someone posted somewhere on here that they were c.com limited releases, that's all I know (and why I put in the "??"s). If anyone can confirm/deny, please do. I too had them on my list to try. I can't find them listed on the website at all.
    Original edited, Heavy.
    y2pascoe:
    Heavy:

I didn't know they were limited run. Well, I can tell you that it tasted like pure hatred, and smelled like Indian food wrapped in a dirty diaper. Hope that makes you feel better!
    Ha!!! Now that's more like it. Thank you sir..LOL!!
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    RobGreen gave me 3 over the past 6 months or so. If there was a Nub to smoke this was/is the one. I have one left. I remember thinking Burnt coffee (in a good way) and chocolate. I may have to revist the last one soon. All this talk of all of his brothers and sisters being gone makes my humi sad =(
    Best damn Nub I have ever smoked and thanks to Trident I now have 3...so I tell you what Heavy PM me your shipping info and I will share with you and send you one of them. I don't think Roman would mind me sharing with you

Nub Dub...Nub Dub...Nub Dub...Nub Dub...Nub Dub...Ahhhhh :o)

• big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I smoked 2 a few months back absolutely loved them, thank god I have a box I forgot about until i read this thread, can't believe they're sold out
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Agree with Mike's take on this. I am not a nub fan but the Nub Dub Double Maduro was a interesting smoke. Tons of dark chocolate, toasty nuttyness, sweet spiciness. I believe it comes from the Brazilian Arapiraca wrapper. If you really can't leave without it then go for Camacho Triple Maduro but the sweetness will not be there. Arapiraca has that magical sweet touch.
    MTuccelli:
    Vision:
    Best damn Nub I have ever smoked and thanks to Trident I now have 3...so I tell you what Heavy PM me your shipping info and I will share with you and send you one of them. I don't think Roman would mind me sharing with you

• rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Now I know where my supply is resting LOL
    big chunks:
    I smoked 2 a few months back absolutely loved them, thank god I have a box I forgot about until i read this thread, can't believe they're sold out
    MTuccelli:
    Vision:

I already did share, I apologize, that's why you didn't get the 5 pack, you got 3, he got 2.
    Trident:
    MTuccelli:
    Vision:

I already did share, I apologize, that's why you didn't get the 5 pack, you got 3, he got 2.
    Good deal brother, the one I was going to send him I will then smoke today. So how many do you really have?

MTuccelli:
    Trident:
    MTuccelli:
    Vision:

Good deal brother, the one I was going to send him I will then smoke today. So how many do you really have?

Thanks for the offer mtucelli, but like Trident said he hooked me up too! I'm going to give mine a little while to sit in the humi, but I may have to fire one up by this weekend or so. Thanks again Trident - I'm really looking forward to these.
    Not a problem brother and just so you know they are damn good

Haha, damn man you didn't waste any time did you!?
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Nub Dub Yummy!!!
    robertgreen30:
    Nub Dub Yummy!!!
    + a gazillion!!

MTuccelli:
    robertgreen30:
    Nub Dub Yummy!!!
    + a gazillion!!

To answer your question, I have an unopened box I am aging. I think ccom still has some since the last email deal I got had one in it
    Trident:
    MTuccelli:
    robertgreen30:
    Nub Dub Yummy!!!
    + a gazillion!!

To answer your question, I have an unopened box I am aging. I think ccom still has some since the last email deal I got had one in it
    An unopened box?....I hate you....j/k brother. So you think they may have some...Mmmm looks like an email is in order.

• dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    Trident:
    MTuccelli:
    robertgreen30:
    Nub Dub Yummy!!!
    + a gazillion!!

An unopened box?....I hate you....j/k brother. So you think they may have some...Mmmm looks like an email is in order.

I'm gonna have to go back and revisit the Dub. I had one from the COTM several months ago and wasn't impressed by it. Everyone looking for them has got me thinking I need to grab a couple more.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
    dbeckom:
    MTuccelli:
    Trident:
    MTuccelli:
    robertgreen30:
    Nub Dub Yummy!!!
    + a gazillion!!

I'm gonna have to go back and revisit the Dub. I had one from the COTM several months ago and wasn't impressed by it. Everyone looking for them has got me thinking I need to grab a couple more.

It was my favorite nub out of the line.

And yes, the last email I got from Tim had them listed in a sampler. Maybe they are just out of 5 packs or something? I have no idea? call them?
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trident:
    dbeckom:
    MTuccelli:
    Trident:
    MTuccelli:
    robertgreen30:
    Nub Dub Yummy!!!
    + a gazillion!!

It was my favorite nub out of the line.

And yes, the last email I got from Tim had them listed in a sampler. Maybe they are just out of 5 packs or something? I have no idea? call them?
    I've enjoyed all the nubs except the original Maduro one...which was odd to me because I tend to like most anything in a Maduro wrapper. The smaller ringed 354 and 358 are by far my favorite sizes.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did see them in that sampler too. Maybe a special email to andy or Tim could get some dubbbs. Or buy 5 samplers, lol!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Ug, damn brothers what's up? I've been absolutely MIA for past several weeks - not much smoking, browsing or posting on the forums for me lately; been too busy.

Anyway, I did finally get to try a Nub Dub thanks to the very gracious Trident a couple of weeks ago, so I wanted to say thanks again to an awesome BOTL. I don't really do reviews, and with the cigar not very fresh in my memory, I'm not sure I could do one, but I at least wanted to share my thoughts:

I made the mistake of messing around in the garage and yard after I lit this up, so I didn't pay it enough attention at first, even knocked it off of the ashtray onto the table and had to eventually touch it up some. It started out with a typical nice maduro sweet/cocoa/coffee flavor, but nothing to really write home about. I was actually thinking about putting it down after a little while, then I thought: "Heavy, you dumbass, this isn't the last couple inches of a toro. This is a Nub! You're just now getting to the good part, so sit down, relax, pay attention and enjoy!" So I did, and I'm damn glad I did.

The flavor stayed with the same typical maduro sweet/cocoa/coffee flavor, but it started becoming much richer and more complex. Kinda remided me of a LGC R maduro at this point. Next few puffs I started picking up some underlying subtle spice which reminded me of a Diesel that had had most of the signature in-your-face AJ spice aged out of it - sweet, meaty with a nice little spice in the background to round things out. Next few puffs I picked up on an awesome sweetness that I can only describe as 'cinnamon-y' which was awesome and reminded me a little of the flavors I get from a Cusano Paired Maduro (and that is absolutely a complement from me because I love that stick). Eventualy picked up what I could only describe as dark chocolate, or mabye "bitter chocolate" as I've seen others describe it which was absolutely wonderful. Anyway, this stick was incredibly dynamic and I'm glad I got the chance to try one and even more glad I stuck with it! Only knock from me would be the ring guage - I don't really dig this large of a ring gauge but I could live with it because it tastes so damn good.

It sucks that they don't make these anymore, but I'm not completely heartbroken because a lot of the flavors I picked up did remind me of several other stick I enjoy.

Anyway, thanks again Trident for letting me try this extinct beauty!

Glad you enjoyed it! And you should still have one more right?
    Yes sir I certainly do! i think I'm gonna let that bad boy sit for a while.