Home Ratings & Reviews

Newbs take on Perdomo Habano Maduro

prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
After my first experience with Perdomo (slow aged 826) which I hated, Lee McGlynn was kind enough to send me a couple of Perdomo sticks which he enjoys. Among them was a Habano Maduro

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

My first indication that this would be a far better experience was the look and feel of the cigar. A great looking band and excellent construction with no soft spots or flaws that I could detect.

A quick pre-light lick revealed little, but a slight sweetness. The aroma was one of hay. After a quick toasting, my first few draws let me know that I was going to enjoy this stick.

The first third revealed a slight harshness and a great spicy / pepper flavor. I noticed that around the middle of the smoke that it became much smoother with a creaminess that was unexpected given the pepper that was evident just prior.

The pepper returned for a brief visit in the final third, before mellowing back out once again. I smoked it to the nub.

I thoroughly enjoyed this Perdomo, and give many thanks to Lee for strongly suggesting I give Perdomo another go.

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Perdomo makes some nice cigars, the habano maduro and corojo being two excellent examples. With six or eight months in the humi these really smooth out and are not harsh at all. A lot of Perdomo's sticks have a subtle delicacy to them which I really enjoy.

Nick Perdomo puts a lot of effort and sacrifice into keeping his cigars affordably priced. They are a nice go-to when I'm at a B&M and don't have a lot of cash to spend.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad you enjoyed it!! Those are some of my favorites out of the perdomo line. Like harpoon said they are a decent stick for the money. And I agree the second 2 thirds of that smoke is the best...but I find this with most smokes. But try the patriarch!! It's not as harsh and a nice flavore profile
    Money can't buy taste
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    The Lot 23's are good as well. I prefer the maduro flavor but enjoyed the natural just as well.
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Glad you enjoyed it!! Those are some of my favorites out of the perdomo line. Like harpoon said they are a decent stick for the money. And I agree the second 2 thirds of that smoke is the best...but I find this with most smokes. But try the patriarch!! It's not as harsh and a nice flavore profile
    i was gifted a patriarch, and i really enjoyed it, which reminds me....i should get a couple more!