Home Non Cigar Related

Tonights debate

marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
As a Republican, I have to admit that Romney is making himself look like a douche, and the POTUS is doing much better. Niether really impress me but it is becoming a very embarrassing debate.

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    IDK I just tuned in and to me Romney seems to be a better Debater. thanks for thread forgot it was on. BTW I wouldnt buy a car from either of them.
    One of Romneys wheels fell off near the end of the Debate and he was spinning in circles!! Feel Romney was very disrespectful
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Thats how the beginning was as well.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Romney was much the same as the last debate. Obama did show up for this one. Image-wise, Obama won. But, Romney wasn't hurt. Can't wait to hear Obama explain the Bengazi thing now. He said tonight he called it a terrorist attack at the time he was viewing the bodies coming back.??? Then later he goes to the UN and said it was a movie, 6 times? Romney should have called him on that.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's just vote already, i'm tired of hearing these 2 guys talk. Neither impressed me tonight.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    As a Republican, I have to admit that Romney is making himself look like a douche, and the POTUS is doing much better. Niether really impress me but it is becoming a very embarrassing debate.
    I feel the same. Whatever points Romney won for pointing out issues with the current admin, he lost by acting like a jack@ss the whole time. We get it, you don't like Obama, or what he stands for. Neither do I for the most part. But he is still the sitting POTUS. You don't lecture him on his personal investing strategy. It was less a debate and more race to get the best zinger by both sides. I am with Glock...can we just move the vote to tomorrow?
    jthanatos:
    marineatbn03:
    I feel the same. Whatever points Romney won for pointing out issues with the current admin, he lost by acting like a jack@ss the whole time. We get it, you don't like Obama, or what he stands for. Neither do I for the most part. But he is still the sitting POTUS. You don't lecture him on his personal investing strategy. It was less a debate and more race to get the best zinger by both sides. I am with Glock...can we just move the vote to tomorrow?
    +1
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    My god.........we all agree on something------take cover;)
  • KimemKimem Posts: 6
    I was under the impression the 'moderator' in a debate was supposed to be there to objectively move the talk along and not side with one of the speakers. Candy was the person picking the questions from the audience. More than just a couple of times she was cutting off Romney just to let Obama step up to continue his stump speech. Both speakers should have been shut down several times. IMHO, Candy was a unmitigated flop and not very transparent in who she is going to vote for....
    Kimem:
    I was under the impression the 'moderator' in a debate was supposed to be there to objectively move the talk along and not side with one of the speakers. Candy was the person picking the questions from the audience. More than just a couple of times she was cutting off Romney just to let Obama step up to continue his stump speech. Both speakers should have been shut down several times. IMHO, Candy was a unmitigated flop and not very transparent in who she is going to vote for....
    +1
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    I am fed up with the complete lack of respect, the contempt, and the overt hatred that many of this current crop of "leaders" will show this President. When the President is treated with disrespect (regardless of who that person is, or which party he represents), the Office is treated with disrespect, just as when the flag is treated with disrespect, so is our Constitution.

It makes me sick to my stomach.

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    You know what makes me sick? Blaming the death of a US Ambassador on a video and lying about it. I have no respect for this President at all. He is the reason why I voted Republican for the first time in my life in 2008, and hopefully the last in 2012. It's an insult to my intelligence to blame that on a video and attempt to sell that as a coverup for his inability to protect a US diplomat.
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    JDH:
    I am fed up with the complete lack of respect, the contempt, and the overt hatred that many of this current crop of "leaders" will show this President. When the President is treated with disrespect (regardless of who that person is, or which party he represents), the Office is treated with disrespect, just as when the flag is treated with disrespect, so is our Constitution.

It makes me sick to my stomach.

I agree. I think imo that's why Candy kept cutting Romney off. Not because she may or may not be voting for Obama but because regardless to how someone feels about him, he is still the President Of The United States Of America and should be respected.
    catfishbluezz:
    You know what makes me sick? Blaming the death of a US Ambassador on a video and lying about it. I have no respect for this President at all. He is the reason why I voted Republican for the first time in my life in 2008, and hopefully the last in 2012. It's an insult to my intelligence to blame that on a video and attempt to sell that as a coverup for his inability to protect a US diplomat.
    The day after the attack, Obama said, in the Rose Garden, that it was a terrorist attack, and that the United States would bring those who committed the crime to justice.
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    The day after the attack, Obama said, in the Rose Garden, that it was a terrorist attack, and that the United States would bring those who committed the crime to justice.
    cool....then why did he tell me for two weeks straight that it was because of a movie....an apologized for it. Becuase I sure as hell heard a lot more blame going to the movie then a terrorist group. That's an insult to my intelligence and the people that died. Continually lying for two weeks about it.....covering a complete failure.
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    cool....then why did he tell me for two weeks straight that it was because of a movie....an apologized for it. Becuase I sure as hell heard a lot more blame going to the movie then a terrorist group. That's an insult to my intelligence and the people that died. Continually lying for two weeks about it.....covering a complete failure.
    I do not share your description of those events, nor do I accept that your description is accurate. Many people blamed FDR for the attack on Pearl Harbor, but they were wrong too. I think your hatred for the man is clouding your judgement.
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    I do not share your description of those events, nor do I accept that your description is accurate.
    like what? He said no acts of terror will shake the resolve of this nation in the speech you referred to.... I can see how that could be construed to either side. But speaking at the UN and blaming this. Act on a movie is a fact. That was wrong, and a lie.
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    I do not share your description of those events, nor do I accept that your description is accurate.
    like what? He said no acts of terror will shake the resolve of this nation in the speech you referred to.... I can see how that could be construed to either side. But speaking at the UN and blaming this. Act on a movie is a fact. That was wrong, and a lie.
    Many people blamed FDR for the attack on Pearl Harbor, but they were wrong too. I think your hatred for the man is clouding your judgement.
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    Many people blamed FDR for the attack on Pearl Harbor, but they were wrong too. I think your hatred for the man is clouding your judgement.
    My judgement? This is fact. It's pretty damn obvious from their response to the situation too. Had he owned up to it instead of treating it like a campaign issue, I might think differently. It's obvious the death of four Americans and his inability I protect our embassy is not as important to him as your vote is. Employing a campaign manager to deal with foreign policy is laughable.
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    My judgement? This is fact. It's pretty damn obvious from their response to the situation too. Had he owned up to it instead of treating it like a campaign issue, I might think differently. It's obvious the death of four Americans and his inability I protect our embassy is not as important to him as your vote is. Employing a campaign manager to deal with foreign policy is laughable.
    Like I said, I don't agree with your assessment of the events, and I believe your hatred of the man is preventing you from thinking clearly. You are seeing what you want to see, and believing what you want to believe. Go ahead and wallow in your hate, just don't expect me to agree with you, or support you.
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    Like I said, I don't agree with your assessment of the events, and I believe your hatred of the man is preventing you from thinking clearly. You are seeing what you want to see, and believing what you want to believe. Go ahead and wallow in your hate, just don't expect me to agree with you, or support you.
    I don't expect you to. Fact is fact.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    As an owner of several small businesses who has been self employed over 20 years, all I can say is that the choices are dismal.

It comes down to this for me: Do I want my money stolen to give to the poor, including illegals, or stolen and given to the uber rich in the form of bailouts and sweetheart contracts? It makes no difference to me what color tights Robin Hood is wearing as he aims his bow at me. The end result is the same - I've been robbed.

Either way, I will be hurt further, and someone else will be reaping the benefits of my hard work and foresight.

With the "vetting" process for candidates what it is (limited to multi-millionaires who have given the most backdoor favors out to the largest group of undeserving recipients), we are, unfortunately stuck with some of the most disingenuous, politically leveraged politicians ever assembled.

Roll the dice and be done with it.

• MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    Actually he never did call it a terrorist attack, his exact words in his rose garden speech was and I quote:

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done".

So for him or Candy or anyone else to say he said it was a "Terrorist Attack" is just plan wrong and misleading. It doesn't matter to me if you like Obama or dislike him what matters is that the same standard that many hold Romeny to need to hold the President to that same standard

• jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Wow, this went kinda nuts. First of all, whether you agree, disagree, love, or hate Obama, he is still the elected President of our country. Argue with him, debate him, even call his policies a bunch of horse pucky. But don't disrespect the man to his face on national TV. The POTUS is the face of the country to much of the world, and when we disrespect him, we disrespect ourselves. It pissed me off when people did it to Bush, and it pisses me off now.

That being said, it is right to point issues in policy, and more so when he misleads the American people, whether intentionally or not. It pissed me off when Bush did it, and it pisses me off now. Any way you slice it, Obama did initially blame the embassy attack and deaths on rioters reacting to an anti-Islam movie. Heck, JDH and I had a week long argument on whether the maker of the movie should be held accountable for the deaths because of it. I even understand this. Intelligence can be wrong, info can be misunderstood, and sometimes speaking from emotion can lead to speaking beyond your knowledge. What bothers me is now a seeming attempt to rewrite events to say they maintained it was a planned terrorist attack from the start. Own up to your mistake, your mis-speak, whether you meant it or not. Bush did the same BS with the WMD issue and now Obama is doing the same thing.

What is my point here? Romney is right to point out where Obama's policies have failed, and where he has gone wrong. But being disrespectful while doing is not only bad for US politics, it is bad for the USA as a whole.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Why when the conversation is about Obama and someone disagrees his policies or with his supporters the accusation of Hate or Racist is implied?
    MTuccelli:
    Why when the conversation is about Obama and someone disagrees his policies or with his supporters the accusation of Hate or Racist is implied?
    I know right? It amazes me....and I'm a registered libertarian, I get it all the time from people whom assume I am a Republican. It never ceases to amaze me....
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    I do not share your description of those events, nor do I accept that your description is accurate. Many people blamed FDR for the attack on Pearl Harbor, but they were wrong too. I think your hatred for the man is clouding your judgement.
    JDH you may be the biggest hypocrite on this thread. Only a few short weeks ago you were ready to try the film maker for treason for inciting a riot. You believed Obama and Hillary, and Susan Rice and supported their arguments on the thread "IMO Sam Bacile is an Idiot" that this wasn't a terrorist attack, but the reaction to a video. I suggest you re-read your comments sir.

"This is not about the President of the US, or the American Government, or the American people - they are not at fault here, and have done nothing wrong regarding this incident.
    This is about a group of political / religious extremists who have deliberately incited another group of political / religious extremists, and the former put the USA squarely in the middle, for purely political reasons, I believe. This kind of behavior would make it tough for ANY sitting President just a few months out from an election.
    If you love your country, I think the best thing to do is to support your country in time like this, not find fault with the President for something he didn't do."

I think your adoration for the man is clouding your judgement.
    Another quote from JDH

The makers of the film did nobody any favors. They incited others to violence, causing the deaths of innocents, and they damaged the good reputation of the USA. This film is not an expression of Christian thought, but it will damage the reputation of the Christian religion in the eyes of Muslims all over the world."

And the president and his cabinet perpetuated that sentiment. How evil! He, sir, should be tried for treason.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Debates to me are pointless and meaningless. Both are liars. Both dont care about you or me. Neither are poor.... or know any poor people for that matter. I want smaller gov, lower taxes with controlled spending, better protection/national security and jobs kept in this country. I dont care about AIDS in Africa and homelessness in Europe. I am pretty sure we have those problems here too. Keep OUR money here and reinvest in OUR people.
    beatnic:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH you may be the biggest hypocrite on this thread. Only a few short weeks ago you were ready to try the film maker for treason for inciting a riot. You believed Obama and Hillary, and Susan Rice and supported their arguments on the thread "IMO Sam Bacile is an Idiot" that this wasn't a terrorist attack, but the reaction to a video. I suggest you re-read your comments sir.

"This is not about the President of the US, or the American Government, or the American people - they are not at fault here, and have done nothing wrong regarding this incident.
    This is about a group of political / religious extremists who have deliberately incited another group of political / religious extremists, and the former put the USA squarely in the middle, for purely political reasons, I believe. This kind of behavior would make it tough for ANY sitting President just a few months out from an election.
    If you love your country, I think the best thing to do is to support your country in time like this, not find fault with the President for something he didn't do."

I think your adoration for the man is clouding your judgement.
    I'm very glad you aren't standing in front of me. It is very easy to hurl insults into a keyboard. I don't think you would do it to my face, though.

The fact of the matter is that the film DID incite violence across the Muslim world, and a group of terrorists in Lybia took advantage of a situation and attacked our embassy and killed American citizens. It is called the "fog of war", when the events that are unfolding are obscured and cannot be seen clearly. We are at war with Al Queida. This President has, and continues to kill them wherever they are, this time they hit us back, while using the opportunity of civil unrest caused by that film as cover for their attack.

I am not a hypocrite. I have not contradicted myself, nor have I attacked the character of anyone on this forum. It is unfortunate that some people have to attempt to destroy the reputation or character of anyone who does not agree with their political views. Well, I don't play that game. You may attempt to provoke anger by hurling insults, but that behavior is not a reflection on me, it is a reflection on you.