Home Ratings & Reviews

Rocky Patel Royal Vintage

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Just got an email from ccom about RP's new cigar...has anyone had a this one yet? 10 year aged tobacco sounds very tasty!

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I saw this too. I'm on buying restriction so I can't get any soon. I just saw the Triple Fusion that I want to try too but you can only get it in a bundle with the Fusion and Fusion MM.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Saw that too, i am most interested! I'm a fan of the 90/92 lines. Speaking of which, if you find Nicarao, give em a whirl, good smoke!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    wheelie, your not on a hiatus... hehe... I just haven't had much luck with RP, the 90 is the only one I enjoy....
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I just had my first RP Royal Vintage over the weekend, and I have to say it was a really good smoke. Medium bodied, smooth smoke, got a little spicy towards the middle. If you like the Vintage 90, you will definitely like this cigar.

"Long ashes my friends."

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    sounds good
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    So then would it be safe to say that if I didn't like the Vintage 90 then I probably wouldn't like this one?
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    this blend lands squarely between the 1990 and 1992
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    Thats interesting, because i did like both, however...i think id consider myself more of a 92 guy. I think the EqSu wrapper on the 92 just does the fillers more justice than a maduro wrapper. Not because i dont like maduro wrappers, because i do...when it feels right to have one. In the case of the vintage...the sumatra wrapper compliments the sweet fillers perfectly.
    I like both the Vintage 90 and 92's, so I guess it's no surprise I like the Royal Vintage. I'll definitley will be buying more of these once I finish my last 4.

"Long ashes my friends."

Alex Svenson:
    this blend lands squarely between the 1990 and 1992
    So I guess that would make a Vintage 1991?

"Long ashes my friends."

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Damn it another cigar to add to the list on my order. Now if I can just get Jeff to respond to my email I'll be good to go :)
    madurofan:
    Damn it another cigar to add to the list on my order. Now if I can just get Jeff to respond to my email I'll be good to go :)
    Those guys seem to be really busy, I also waited on emails, so I just decided to call them instead. Much faster!

"Long ashes my friends."

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    madurofan:
    Those guys seem to be really busy, I also waited on emails, so I just decided to call them instead. Much faster!
    Live Help is fairly quick as well.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    It's been a while since anybody has discussed these. I am a big fan of many of the Rocky Patel's but would hate to buy a box since I haven't tried these yet. Obviously ccom has a great deal on this sampler and boxes that might be too good to pass up. Anybody have one of these lately that can give some input? Also, does anyone know what kind of wrapper this is? I'm not the biggest fan a maduro wrappers and this seems to be in that category. I don't dislike them by any means, I just like others better.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    If you do end up getting these and do not like them, I will gladly trade you for them. I love them and only have a couple left. It's a habano wrapper, by the way. I can't remember a specific flavor profile but I do know I really enjoyed every one I have had.
    undulac:
    It's been a while since anybody has discussed these. I am a big fan of many of the Rocky Patel's but would hate to buy a box since I haven't tried these yet. Obviously ccom has a great deal on this sampler and boxes that might be too good to pass up. Anybody have one of these lately that can give some input? Also, does anyone know what kind of wrapper this is? I'm not the biggest fan a maduro wrappers and this seems to be in that category. I don't dislike them by any means, I just like others better.
    I really loved the taste of these smokes, the blend was great. But the only thing I really hated about them was the horrible burn issues. I bought a 5 pack and all 5 of them burned very badly. So bad, that it actually kept me from getting more...which is saying alot.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I remember the other thread. I had a similar experience. Coincidentally I just pulled the second one I bought out of my aging humidor. It's been about six months since I tried the first one out. I plan on trying it out in a few weeks to see if there's any change.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was gifted one of these recently but have yet to light it up.
    jsnake:
    might as well light it up now and see if you like it...if you do..now's the time to buy some more since u can get a box for $69.

"Long ashes my friends."

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    jsnake:

might as well light it up now and see if you like it...if you do..now's the time to buy some more since u can get a box for $69.

If you look hard enough there is a sampler of 20 for $59
    I tried one of these a few days ago. The only good thing about it was the construction, the draw and burn were very good. And that was the only positive about this cigar, I didn't like the taste one bit. In terms of flavor, I'd put it above the 90 and below the 92, neither of which I really care for.
    j0z3r:
    I tried one of these a few days ago. The only good thing about it was the construction, the draw and burn were very good. And that was the only positive about this cigar, I didn't like the taste one bit. In terms of flavor, I'd put it above the 90 and below the 92, neither of which I really care for.
    Guess it doesn't rank up there like the Puro Indio huh?? lol

"Long ashes my friends."

As a matter of fact and preference, I'd take a PI over most RP cigars any day...at least then I know I'm not buying hype and the cigar is worth the price.
    j0z3r:
    As a matter of fact and preference, I'd take a PI over most RP cigars any day...at least then I know I'm not buying hype and the cigar is worth the price.
    you are kidding me right? I would pick a OWR or a Vintage 90, Decade Torpedo any day over a PI!

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    j0z3r:
    you are kidding me right? I would pick a OWR or a Vintage 90, Decade Torpedo any day over a PI!
    Good for you. Now can you stop with this whole Puros Indios thing already? If I like a certain cigar and you don't then fine, don't keep bringing it up like my taste in cigars is terrible because I like a cigar you don't...I don't really care if you approve of my taste in cigars or not.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Kind of touchy bro? I don't care for PI's either but you are free to smoke anything that pleases you. The pursuit of happiness takes many twists and turns. I personally like RP's.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Some RP's I love like the 90 and 92's and the Decade ...some I wouldn't pay a dime for , the edge lite comes to mind ...I'm just sayin ...Same with Gurkha's ...theres some I really enjoy , Centurion and Rare Breed for example and some I would not spend any of my own money on . It's absolutely all about the individual and their tastes ...no really right or wrong just your own happiness and relaxation which is what its all about anyways . Just my .02 cents worth ...
    j0z3r:
    Krieg:
    j0z3r:
    Good for you. Now can you stop with this whole Puros Indios thing already? If I like a certain cigar and you don't then fine, don't keep bringing it up like my taste in cigars is terrible because I like a cigar you don't...I don't really care if you approve of my taste in cigars or not.
    Guess some people can't take a joke. You need to relax a little there buddy.

"Long ashes my friends."

fla-gypsy:
    Kind of touchy bro? I don't care for PI's either but you are free to smoke anything that pleases you. The pursuit of happiness takes many twists and turns. I personally like RP's.
    +1

"Long ashes my friends."

• JZJZ Posts: 827
    j0z3r:
    Krieg:
    j0z3r:
    Wow, some people cant have a constructive discussion without getting offended. Lighten up, were talking cigars here...you know the good life.