Home General Discussion

my first box

twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
ok so im waiting for the arrival of the first box i purchased.with my wifes encouragement i pulled the trigger on the box bedlam sale got the obsidian double perfectos (with free xikar lighter and 5pack cohiba red dots) have checked tracking like 3 time today .its almost like christmas cant wait to see the mailman tommorrow.and the best part should be more then enough to share...
no matter where you go, there you are.

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    You'll be main lining by spring. Enjoy.
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    Nice first box! Enjoy the good smokes!
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    I love the sound of the mailman ringing my doorbell!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i remember my first box.

special times man....

planning my next few now. too many choices.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I still havent bought a box, i thought for months that i wanted it to be a box of 5Vegas AAA's but my tastes have changed a bit, and now im leaning towards a box of Punch London Club Maduro's being first box.... too many choices with too little cash!
  • Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    I still havent bought a box, i thought for months that i wanted it to be a box of 5Vegas AAA's but my tastes have changed a bit, and now im leaning towards a box of Punch London Club Maduro's being first box.... too many choices with too little cash!
    agreed I haven't had a AAA in forever and bought 10 tonight on SS too many choice to little cash thanks to wife!! Twisted you will love them enjoy
  • Congrats! Cracking open your own full box of cigars never gets old. And having your wife encourage your purchase makes it even better. I still remember my wife buying me my first box--5 Vegas Classic--when I was first getting into the hobby. Hopefully yours is the first of many good ones!
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    taythegibs:
    How are these. I was eyeing these and the rothschild at the BM the other day. One of the first cigars i ever bought was the pita natural.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I have yet to buy a box as well. But the Tiante blues are on the top of the list along with a couple other. Once the financial restriction has been lifted of course.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twistedstem:
    ok so im waiting for the arrival of the first box i purchased.with my wifes encouragement i pulled the trigger on the box bedlam sale got the obsidian double perfectos (with free xikar lighter and 5pack cohiba red dots) have checked tracking like 3 time today .its almost like christmas cant wait to see the mailman tommorrow.and the best part should be more then enough to share...
    I bit on the same deal. (not my first box, though) I'm quite happy with the purchase. That lighter seems very nice so far, and I love the cigar. And Beatnic's right, you're in deep now!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • biodarwinbiodarwin Posts: 265 ✭✭
    I understand all too well! I bought my first box this week and looking to buy another this weekend. The first was a box of MoW Side Project 52C's. Next will be a box of AF Don Carlos #3 or #4's.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    twistedstem:
    I bit on the same deal. I'm quite happy with the purchase. That lighter seems very nice so far, and I love the cigar. And Beatnic's right, you're in deep now!
    I got that same deal purely the forum talk of that cigar. This is the first box I have purchased without ever trying the stick.
  • nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    my first box purchase was a box of diesel unlimiteds, i may have flipped the wrong swtich..because now i have lots of boxes.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldy:
    Amos Umwhat:
    twistedstem:
    I bit on the same deal. I'm quite happy with the purchase. That lighter seems very nice so far, and I love the cigar. And Beatnic's right, you're in deep now!
    I got that same deal purely the forum talk of that cigar. This is the first box I have purchased without ever trying the stick.
    i had 1 before part of a bombing i beleive really enjoyed it..so i am looking forward to getting them!!!

Imgembo:
    taythegibs:
    How are these. I was eyeing these and the rothschild at the BM the other day. One of the first cigars i ever bought was the pita natural.
    i havent had the rothschild but iv really enjoyed both lcm's ive had, theyre a great 30-45 minute smoke imo.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well here it is obsidian box

• ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    WooHoo!!! Congratulations brother!
    Congratulations!!
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I've bought many boxes of cigars. It sure is comforting to read about new BOTLs getting their first cherry.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats...I still get excited when a box or two hit the Slob residence.
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    I remember my first box like it was yesterday...... no wait..... we are talking about cigars !!!! I am still a virgin!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    first box was gurka park ave 44 torpedo. nothing fancy but a great deal sub 40 from SS.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadelt:
    I remember my first box like it was yesterday...... no wait..... we are talking about cigars !!!! I am still a virgin!
    What? Do it Jim...PM me your Texas addy please!
    Bigshizza:
    jadelt:
    I am confused Jim, are going to take his virginity?
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    Bigshizza:
    jadelt:
    You mean get him a fresh new box??? No, I wanted to send him a Christmas card and YOU too!!
    Bigshizza:
    marineatbn03:
    Bigshizza:
    jadelt:
    You mean get him a fresh new box??? No, I wanted to send him a Christmas card and YOU too!!
    Not me, you have done enough. As a matter of fact, do not make me hunt down your new address and just expedite the process by giving it to me. Or I will just have to hit your old house and hope it gets forwarded. Either way, something will be inbound in the near future!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    biodarwin:
    I understand all too well! I bought my first box this week and looking to buy another this weekend. The first was a box of MoW Side Project 52C's. Next will be a box of AF Don Carlos #3 or #4's.
    Cheeses! You just gave me the shudders! I tried that MOW side project 52C I thought it was like pepper on asphalt. An awful stick. I'd rather light the box and toss the cigars. There truly is no accounting for tastes.

Cripes.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twistedstem:
    I'm pretty sure my first ten boxes were all mazos. These recent c.com deals are unsurpassable. If I had any room at all I'd be gettin broker than I already am. I admire the pic you posted. Fine looking box, attractive lighter, and five delicious red dots. How can you go wrong?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    jadelt:
    I am still recovering from meeting you guys at Smokin Joes. Then after I got a bunch of (good) new stuff to send out to you guys I still have an overflowing humidor! You guys killed me with great sticks.

After I get your new addy I might think about sending you mine.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    MOWPA... Man, those didn't last long. Congrats on the first box, bro!