Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

2012 NewB Secret Santa or Festivus Exchange

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
I saw some questions from people about the gift exchange that Kuzi runs. Now, I will say as a member of it for 2 or 3 years now, its awesome. But I also see some of the newer BOTLs are interested but not yet qualified under the rules of the exchange (which I support and I think everyone else understands as well). I just wanted to offer to set up something for everyone who does not qualify for that as a way to be included in this fun Holiday Exchange. Again, I will take names and addresses and distribute, but will not be involved in the exchange itself, just trying to be there to help some younger BOTLs on here

Rules will be meant to include those not in the main exchange. This means people with under 500 posts qualify, and people here for less than 4 months qualify. The requirement is however that you MUST BE a member in "good standing" on the board (we know what this is) and anyone with questionable or concerning deals will be excluded (not saying this is anyone here, just looking to protect everyone). The exchange itself will be in the same idea as the other one here, but the values will be slightly decreased as some people may not know others as well as those of us here for an extended period have, and to ensure a lower amount incase of any issues. The rules of thumb will be:

Send me your name and address (via PM) and I will redistribute names to everyone. The name you get from me is the name that you will send a cigar related package to.

Included in your PM to sign up should be the following:-your name and address you want the package sent to-a short list of things (cigar related accessories) you want.(lighters, ashtrays, etc...) ALSO this may include some Non-Cigar related if you would like. This happened in years past and just gives some options to people-a short list of things you DONT want. (I dont need another cutter)-your preferences on cigars (favorite blenders, brands)

The names will be distributed either November 26th or early the next day. Gifts can start going out on Monday December 10th. and must be sent by Dec 20th. Put a return address on the box you send out but not your real name or forum name. Return Addy should be "Ccom Newb Holiday Pass" or "Ccom Newb Secret Santa" or something of the like.after you have sent me the PM, post here that you signed up so we can all see who is participating

the "rules of thumb": If you know right off the bat who your Secret Santa is, dont spoil it for the others. I will post a list of who sent to whom when all is said and done with.

The price guideline will be in the spirit of $30.00. This $30 is for the "main" gift not cigars. Cigars are on top of that. The guide on cigars will be no less than 3 cigars. You are welcome to send out any cigar you chose. (no "crap" of course). Of course you can send out more cigars if you want (it is in fact encouraged)

Please sign up with me via PM and post on here by midnight on Novemeber 25th. Any questions or issues feel free to ask. If this goes no where, that’s fine, just wanted to open this up and give everyone here a change to participate in something if they choose. Thanks also to Kuzi for the format for this as I copied some of your words above.

List of people in the exchange thus far: Glock1975, Pross, Buckeye Cigar,DCarp, Pelirrojo,

Comments