Home Non Cigar Related

I hate flu or colds.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
We get back from Vegas and I either got food poisoning or stomach flu.
I was sick monday evening and all day Tuesday.
Then I started coughing today.

At least it waited until I got home from Vegas to hit me.

Then, I took some advice from my father about a native american/american indian remedy of osha root (or bear root). It works, but it is the nastiest tasting stuff. LOL!

So it looks like my cigars rest another couple days. LOL!

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cough would indicate that it's not food poisoning, or, not any more. I've had osha twigs, used one as a toothbrush for awhile when I was hiking out west through most of '74, never had the root. Sounds like I could have used it a time or two. Hope you're better soon.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    That sucks. Hope you feel better. Seems like every culture has a terrible tasting remedy for illness. My grandmother used to make cough medicine from sauerkraut, fish oil, and a cheap Jager like liquor. Don't know if it worked, or if I just learned not to cough near Grandma...
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    That sucks. Hope you feel better. Seems like every culture has a terrible tasting remedy for illness. My grandmother used to make cough medicine from sauerkraut, fish oil, and a cheap Jager like liquor. Don't know if it worked, or if I just learned not to cough near Grandma...
    Only exception would be the hot toddy! MMMMMMM, tea, lemon, honey, bourbon....what's not to like? Glad you are feeling better Tony!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ... sick after Vegas. I know a few buddies who got herpes after a Vegas trip .... BUT,

I'm sorry you got beat down. Last week I was sicker than I have been in years, took 4 days to break a 101plus fever and I'm still coughing off and on.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    just got done with a massive ear infection. I hate being sick.
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Think I may have something myself and I feel like I have gone a couple rounds with a heavyweight boxer. ugh!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, I see now. You gave me this over the internet. ROFL!
    Oh wait. Maybe I shouldn't have been smooching on Jiunn last week. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I must be feeling better. My sense of humor is getting a bit twisted. LOL!
    Tough crowd. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: