Home General Discussion

I seem to have lost a good friend....

brc81brc81 Posts: 249
So I've been searching all over for my friend. He was with me on vacation, but I haven't seen him since. He did a great job on holding on to my sticks while they waiting patiently for their time to come. His leather construction was ideal and allowed him to keep my sticks properly hydrated and protected for whatever activities the day may have brought.

For all your service, Mr. Gurkha 3 Finger cigar holder, thank you and hope to find you again some day.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    this is just about the saddest story ive heard all day.

(im having a good day as you can tell)
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    brc81:
    So I've been searching all over for my friend. He was with me on vacation, but I haven't seen him since. He did a great job on holding on to my sticks while they waiting patiently for their time to come. His leather construction was ideal and allowed him to keep my sticks properly hydrated and protected for whatever activities the day may have brought.

For all your service, Mr. Gurkha 3 Finger cigar holder, thank you and hope to find you again some day.

I'd nail pictures of him up on phone poles and tape them to convenience store windows ... ;)
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    brc81:

I'd nail pictures of him up on phone poles and tape them to convenience store windows ... ;)
    You never know...if it had some Gurkhas in it, I'd wager heavily on someone returning it. :D
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Ouch! I forgot how much this forum has set up camp on each side of the Gurkha Bandwagon...
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    brc81:

You never know...if it had some Gurkhas in it, I'd wager heavily on someone returning it. :D

Oohhhh ...thats gonna leave a red mark ...
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    You've heard of an "Amber Alert", you need to send out an "Alex Alert."
  • naughtnaught Posts: 56
    Truly a heartbreaking tale...
    brc81:

You didn't notice any Squirrels around about the time it disappeared did ya ???
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    if you want to see your freind alive again you will leave a box of cuban monte #2s on the park bench at the corner of 3rd and 44th. return 1 hour later and you will find your freind unharmed. if I see any cops the deal is off.

...oh wait, your supposed to disguise yourself before you demand a ransom. oops!
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Quick higgs, use the bugs bunny groucho marx disguise from Urbi's avatar!
  • brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    Guess who came home!!!!!!! Mr. Gurkha 3 Finger cigar holder showed up today. He really never left, but was playing hide and seek and didn't tell anyone. I found him hiding on a bookshelf underneath a pile of books, CDs, and random junk.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Now that's some GREAT news!

I always hate/love when I think I lost something somewhere only to find it later right where I left it. I spent an hour looking for my car keys once (long time ago) and they were in my hand the whole time. Looked in my pocket, looked in my other pocket(switching them from one hand to the other), tore up the sofa cushions, searched the car, looked in every drawer in my house, hunted for them in the bathrooms, bedrooms with no luck. Finally, in disgust, I threw what was in my hand at the couch....I spent the next hour laughing at myself...
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I do this all the time, it's times like these that I try not to tell my girlfriend that I found the thing I've hunted for...

At least that way I don't have to feel stupid twice!
  • bibbybibby Posts: 152
    cabinetmaker:
    Now that's some GREAT news!

I always hate/love when I think I lost something somewhere only to find it later right where I left it. I spent an hour looking for my car keys once (long time ago) and they were in my hand the whole time. Looked in my pocket, looked in my other pocket(switching them from one hand to the other), tore up the sofa cushions, searched the car, looked in every drawer in my house, hunted for them in the bathrooms, bedrooms with no luck. Finally, in disgust, I threw what was in my hand at the couch....I spent the next hour laughing at myself...

Story of the year, you just made my day. Absolutely Fantastic!

Rob