Home Non Cigar Related

Whatcha cooking this weekend?

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
As it is customary to grill/BBQ for the 4th, what are you cooking? I am going to be doing a "low and slow" bbq cook of a nice big ass Beef brisket AND a pork butt (15lb). Gonna take around 18hrs! But I really do enjoy having a smoke while my Weber smoker is going...just something about the smell of a good cigar mixed with the smell of hickory and applewood smoke...AWESOME

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'm thinking about getting a couple steaks to grill up for me and the wife saturday night. Might do some ribs... Just not sure yet. Have to see how energetic I'm feeling after work that day.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Probably a peanut butter sandwich... broke single guy ya know? haha.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I might take a stab at my first grilled ribs... Either that or just some Smokehouse BBQ Chicken Boobs
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'm doing a whole beef tenderloin, wrapped in a bacon weave and slow cooked on the rotisserie :)
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    I'll either grill a steak or make a sauce piquant (Cajun Dish). Congratulate me 100th post.
  • just plain ol cheeseburgers, hot dogs, boneless wings w/ a sweet chili sauce. And a fresh batch of Apple Pie liquour.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Jetmech_63:
    I'm doing a whole beef tenderloin, wrapped in a bacon weave and slow cooked on the rotisserie :)
    any candied bacon for dessert?
    LOL, Possibly, depending how much pig i have leftover.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    plaidbanana1:
    I'll either grill a steak or make a sauce piquant (Cajun Dish). Congratulate me 100th post.

Congratulations plaidbanana1 on your 100th post!!
    I'm having some mashed potatoes, gravy, roast, biscuits, and PIE!! Followed by a Gurkha, not sure which one yet.
    Jetmech_63:

Update: This thing came out amazingly good! Cooked till the thermometer read 145, let it rest for 15 minutes. Juicy, tender and lots of hickory smoked flavor. This is real easy to do, highly reccommend it!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    this weekend i cooked a few hundred steaks, and chicken breasts. about 30 salmon 30 tilapia, 40 baby backs. 120 lbs of mashed potatoes, 60 baked. 75 lbs of veggies. 15 or so steak burgers. about 20 fajitas, more salad than i care to think about.

I had a busy weekend at work.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    this weekend i cooked a few hundred steaks, and chicken breasts. about 30 salmon 30 tilapia, 40 baby backs. 120 lbs of mashed potatoes, 60 baked. 75 lbs of veggies. 15 or so steak burgers. about 20 fajitas, more salad than i care to think about.

I'm glad you put that last line in there or I was about to call you a ***! lol I grilled a couple steaks today, some baked potatoes, Zuccini, and salad. Mmmm... I'm STUFFED!!!
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    kuzi16:

Now go and take out your frustration from work on a cigar, I suggest burning it over a period of an hour or 2.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Garen B:
    kuzi16:

Now go and take out your frustration from work on a cigar, I suggest burning it over a period of an hour or 2.
    sanco panza double maduro corona and a nice long walk. worked out just fine.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Garen B:
    kuzi16:

sanco panza double maduro corona and a nice long walk. worked out just fine.
    I can only imagine walking around with a Sancho Panza Double Maduro... You must have looked like a steam train with all the smoke that guy pours out...

I always think that when I smoke one of these guys that they are just trying to show off for me, kind of a "Look what I can do!"
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the weekend, but made a cheese fondue with veggies and Pepperoni/ Spicy bread as a app. And japenese shrimp/scallops fried rice for the wife before she has surgery tomorrow photo 614983CC-2BF3-411C-A57D-A894F7CCAAFC_zps91mavbql.jpg
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    Not the weekend, but made a cheese fondue with veggies and Pepperoni/ Spicy bread as a app. And japenese shrimp/scallops fried rice for the wife before she has surgery tomorrow
    Looks like a nice meal, good job bro. And hope all goes well for your wife and she has a speedy recovery

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Glock1975:
    Not the weekend, but made a cheese fondue with veggies and Pepperoni/ Spicy bread as a app. And japenese shrimp/scallops fried rice for the wife before she has surgery tomorrow
    Looks like a nice meal, good job bro. And hope all goes well for your wife and she has a speedy recovery
    Prayers sent for the wife unit...hope all goes well. I think that's three forum folks going to have surgery tomorrow...best wishes for all.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?