Home Ratings & Reviews

Good peppery cigar similiar to JDN Antano 1970?

Just curious if there are any peppery cigars or cigars similar to JDN Antano 1970 that I could pick up a box of at a good price, since the JDN are so expensive. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    IMO you can't put a price on a good stick!! For the money and everything factored in I think they are very affordable. If your looking for a budget stick your gonna go thru more money and time! Jdn's are a great stick and for the price it's already a bang for the buck
    Money can't buy taste
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I've never actually had the JDN, but when I think peppery I think MOW PA.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    I've never actually had the JDN, but when I think peppery I think MOW PA.
    That and smoke output.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the puro authentico is a good smoke.
    frankly, there is no replacement for the Antanos.
    but then again, JdN is one of my favorites. i would scrimp trying to find that replacement.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Kuzi, what is your favorite vitola in the Antano line? I like the consul size. Haven't tried anymore since I'm a robusto/short robusto or corona smoker. My opinion is the same, this is a smoke if you love it smoke it because its great in so many ways. I'm iffy though anymore in drew estate stuff, too many unanswered questions of infusing or altering tobaccos with oils etc etc.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    the puro authentico is a good smoke.
    frankly, there is no replacement for the Antanos.
    but then again, JdN is one of my favorites. i would scrimp trying to find that replacement.

Big thumbs up on both of what Kuzi said. When I have that taste for that kind of smoke. I reach for one of them also. I actually keep them both stocked.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    blurr:
    Kuzi, what is your favorite vitola in the Antano line? I like the consul size. Haven't tried anymore since I'm a robusto/short robusto or corona smoker. My opinion is the same, this is a smoke if you love it smoke it because its great in so many ways. I'm iffy though anymore in drew estate stuff, too many unanswered questions of infusing or altering tobaccos with oils etc etc.
    i like to corona the best in the antano line, the the belicoco.

as fas as the DE stuff goes, JdN is not part of DE. JdN is their own company that uses DE as a means of distribution. they are good friends but they have different factories, blenders, rollers, locations, owners, etc.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I hear ya. JDN Antanos are still my favorite brand, too. I just ordered a five pack of the Grand Consuls on sale from a Different Place Than Here for $16. They also had a 5-pack of all different sizes for $22.