Home Cigar 101

Beads Help

I have the Heartfelt Humidity beads for my 300 ct humidor. I bought the proper amount yet my Rh is not holding at 70 like it should, more like at 61. I have tried contacting Heartfelt many times but they never email me back and I can't find a phone number. I wanted to know if someone had a better suggestion in beads or if I should switch to gel? I also don't know if living in upper New York and the cold temperatures are affecting the Rh also. Thank you for your suggestions.

Comments

• macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Catfishbuzz's Kitty Litter thread... give it a read... I re-read it about every time it is bumped
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    My first question would be are you sure your humi is seasoned correctly? Also, have you tried the dollar bill seal test (google it)?I use the same brand of beads at 65rh. If I open my humi too much any day, I'll sit around 60 to 62 RH for a bit. Now that I've not been smoking as much, I'm always around 65.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Yup....if I had to guess, seasoning is the issue, not the beads. They never are, we can help if needed.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention if you have a 300ct and not many cigars it is harder to maintain humidity! Personally I'd keep it at least 3/4 filled
    Money can't buy taste
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its been real cold then that might be your problem. I just had to put extra humidification in both my humis for a few days to get in back. Basically reconditioning but I didn't take out my sticks which I probably should have. But it's been holding fine ever since.
  • Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    In the winter time I need to give my humis a bit more water. This could be your problem. I just had to reseason one because I "left it closed" too long. It's probably not the beads though.