Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Rob1110:
    cholmes8310:
    So, anyone who is in the Boston area, I heard about something I think all you whiskey/bourbon/scotch drinkers need to know about. I was at my local liqour store in Westboro today, Julios. They have a "Loch and Key" society that holds tastings every wednesday night from 7-8. This weeks is a pot luck, so everyone brings a bottle. Next week however, they are having free tastings of Elijah Craig 18 (which is awesome), Parker Heritage Collection Bourbon ($200 bottle), Evan Williams Single Barrel, and several others. It sounds like a good time, and I'll be checking it out. Just wanted to extend the information to any BOTL that may be around this area.

Oh, and Julio's has a premium smoke shop in it as well that carries all the high end brands from Cusano and Ashton, to Oliva and Padron, to God of Fire and Opus X. It's a smokers and drinkers paradise. I'm in love!
    I've been meaning to check out Julio's for a while but it's a bit of a hike for me. How are their prices?
    I've only lived up here for 4 months, so I don't know what the other liqour stores prices are like. Fourtotheflush can probably tell u how they compare though
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    The prices are good at Julio's, Atlas prices are better for scotch.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Been sucking down Speakeasy White Lightning, a filtered wheat beer. Getting to be kind of a fan of Speakeasy....Big Daddy, White Lightning, Prohibition. San Francisco based brewery, very good!
  • Options
    naughtnaught Posts: 56
    For a cheapie, this Michelob IPA ain't bad.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    If I can muster up some strength to go smoke a cigar I'll pair it with a Chivas Regal 12... with a splash of water, or maybe just a handful of ice!
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    If I can muster up some strength to go smoke a cigar I'll pair it with a Chivas Regal 12... with a splash of water, or maybe just a handful of ice!
    Scratch that, no ice, no water, straight Chivas... and a nice cigar
  • Options
    Went wine tasting in Paso Robles. Had some great ones and not so great ones. Sadly after a while they all start to taste the same but it was fun for the first 4 wineries!
  • Options
    I had to go to a company picnic so no drinking as I'm a manager and can't get drunk in front of the kiddeies. But I did enjoy a Roundy's Grape soda and carbonated Fruit Punch (not mixed together)

Felt like a kid in grade school! (But kinda paired well with a super spicy El Rey Delmundo)
  • Options
    I had some wines i bought back from Paso Robles. Had a Syrah with dinner and port after dinner and an incredible sherry after that. Great along with the cigar i was puffing on.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Some homemade Muskadine Red Wine from a buddy in Tenn. ....uumm...good....more potent than the store bought stuff ...I LIKE IT ...
  • Options
    4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    After work today will be Woodford Reserve with a couple ice cubes and then maybe a port after dinner. Probably gonna squeeze a cigar in somewhere tonight too. I finally found my cutter.
  • Options
    MGD LIGHT and Talledaga Nights!!!!

I'ma come at you like a Spyder Monkey!"
  • Options
    Michelob Ultra ....after my daily shot of red wine ...Where the he_ll did that spyder monkey go ???
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I was watching that one tonight too.. Damn funny movie. " Come on, Let's go get kicked out of Applebees !"
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    The usual, Jim Beam and coke.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I don't drink alcohol, I break out in handcuffs every time I do; But a cold glass of orange juice and Oliva Serie G Cameroon are a nice pairing for me.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    cabinetmaker:
    I don't drink alcohol, I break out in handcuffs every time I do.
    you too?
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    I don't drink alcohol, I break out in handcuffs every time I do; But a cold glass of orange juice and Oliva Serie G Cameroon are a nice pairing for me.

Ha! Thats funny ...
  • Options
    Just about 1/2 way thru a 6 pack of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. Awesome beer! A nice hint of cherry but not sweet and doesnt overpower the beer. Me likey.
  • Options
    115*F in Arizona... 36*F Miller Lite in the Hotel room before the dinner meeting...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The perfect solution there Lassie. NICE..
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    115*F in Arizona... 36*F Miller Lite in the Hotel room before the dinner meeting...
    God, I'm heading that way tomorrow for three days. Be in Phoenix until Thursday night. Can't wait for the heat... debating on even taking cigars because it'll be too hot to smoke em.
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    Lasabar:
    God, I'm heading that way tomorrow for three days. Be in Phoenix until Thursday night. Can't wait for the heat... debating on even taking cigars because it'll be too hot to smoke em.
    I'm here till Wendnesday night... lemme know if you are staying in the Sheraton Downtown!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The heat's not so bad guys...just wear shorts and a t-shirt and try not to think about it. It'll be triple digits here probably until late August, but it's not terrible if you keep it out of mind and keep a tall glass of ice water or iced tea close at hand. I say that, but I'd be **** up a storm if I had to be where some of you guys are in the winter months. I guess we just get used to the climate we live in.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    The heat's not so bad guys...just wear shorts and a t-shirt and try not to think about it. It'll be triple digits here probably until late August, but it's not terrible if you keep it out of mind and keep a tall glass of ice water or iced tea close at hand. I say that, but I'd be **** up a storm if I had to be where some of you guys are in the winter months. I guess we just get used to the climate we live in.

We really are quite the adaptable creatures ... ;)
  • Options
    Well Gene, I've got to imagine that you'd be fine just about anywhere as long as you could get Sierra Mist. :)
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Well Gene, I've got to imagine that you'd be fine just about anywhere as long as you could get Sierra Mist. :)

My recurring nightmare is the govt. taxes it outta my price range ...and I'm reduced to buying it on street corners outta vans with chrome moon hubcaps or visiting underground speakeasies...wondering the streets ...letting my beard grow to my knees ...damn your eyes Obama !!!!!! Oh yeah... right its just a dream ...sorry ...
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    cholmes8310:
    Lasabar:
    I'm here till Wendnesday night... lemme know if you are staying in the Sheraton Downtown!
    no, holiday inn in Glendale I believe.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I moved to Boston from south Ms. There is nowhere as hot as that to me. 110 with heat index and 90% humidity. My dad had lived in Kingman az for fifteen years, so I'm used to that heat as well. He thinks I'm crazy because I can come out there in July and wear jeans. It doesn't botherr me, I've just been spoiled by this mild Ma summer
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    j0z3r:
    I moved to Boston from south Ms. There is nowhere as hot as that to me. 110 with heat index and 90% humidity. My dad had lived in Kingman az for fifteen years, so I'm used to that heat as well. He thinks I'm crazy because I can come out there in July and wear jeans. It doesn't botherr me, I've just been spoiled by this mild Ma summer
    A mild summer does sound nice. I'm just grateful for the mild winters we get here, nothing gets me like the cold.