Home Cigar 101

What was your first cigar?

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
The first one I had when I really got in to gars was a HDM Exaclibur.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Padron 64 Maddy....remember it like yesterday
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmm, I really like the Excali's. And of course Padrons!

I had a Rocky Patel vintage 90 on my 20th birthday, simply because I was born in 1990. I also picked upva DPG Blue.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Rain:
    The first one I had when I really got in to gars was a HDM Exaclibur.
    ha! Same here.
  • CharlieCordusCharlieCordus Posts: 84 ✭✭
    at age 12... Dutch Masters
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CharlieCordus:
    at age 12... Dutch Masters

Close here..... But first real cigar.. Te Amo... and Im only 32. I had it about 10 years ago when my pops smoked those and La Unica.
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Arturo Fuente. I bought a couple of the shorter ones when I was in Ft. Lauderdale prior to going on a cruise. Enjoyed them on the ship and that's where I caught the cigar bug.

So glad I did
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Illusione 68 & Java by DE, i dont remember which i had first but i know those were my first two..
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    acid 1400, on my 16th wedding anniversary
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swisher Sweet, 5 cents. I think I was 15
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • My first was a cigar called Primera Isabella. It was sumatra, robusto. There's a shop used to be in Punta Gorda Florida and has since moved to North Port, Fl. The person who owns it has his own company called Los Nietos Cigars. As of now (I havent been there in quite some time) he has 2 labels; Primera Isabella and Luca Del Toro. I like the Isabella much more than the other.

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Outside of swishers or Phillies or white owls or some such...it was a bunch of unbanded things from a local B&M. There were several other gifts or unbanded cigars I remember smoking but I have no idea what they are. When I got into cigars seriously and recently, the first known stogie was a Perdomo Lot 23 last spring/summer.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Macanudo from a gas station when I turned 18, I think almost to the day, don't remember if it was my actual birthday or not.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    romeo and julieta about 20yrs ago now, when i enlisted in the corp's
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    The Griffin's Piramide for my sons high school graduation.
  • JZerbyJZerby Posts: 122
    My first was some really dried-out torpedo with a picture of a farm or lady on the band. I don't really remember. It was just given to me when a buddy of mine and his wife had their second kid. It was really dry and reminded me of campfires growing up. Before the nostalgia wore off, and wanting to relive some of that from time to time, I somehow found this site and got a CCom house blends robusto sampler and the first I had from that was a Purple label.
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    Davidoff tubo of some sort my buddy picked up for me before the club in my party days. Sadly I knew noting about cigars at the time and it ended up sitting in a desk drawer till I was bored at work one day. It must have been months later. Here's the kicker I smoked half of it put it out and fired it up again hours later. If only I knew!!!! Haha
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a Perdomo sampler pack, some robusto that I did not like. I still have a problem with that brand...one day I will try them again.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Fighting C.ock! hahaha
  • nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    A real cohiba on my last deployment. Havent looked back since.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Backwoods when I was 18...that would be about 37 years ago. Damn I'm getting old!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Do believe my first was a fonsceca isom
    Money can't buy taste
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swisher Sweets cigarillos back in my youthful days. Didn't even know there was such a thing as a premium cigar. My gramps was a white owl man. But fast forward 20+ years latter and I walk into a liquor store humidor and picked up some kind of Punch not sure what kind. Never thinking this was going to be a turning point in life.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    From a Perdomo sampler pack, some robusto that I did not like. I still have a problem with that brand...one day I will try them again.
    hahahaaaa perdomo is a good budget stick...most have lots of spice up front nothing in the middle and more spice at the end. But some are actually pretty good and for the money....well some are good lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Smoked many backwoods in high school.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    pross:
    Smoked many backwoods in high school.
    I used to smoke the hell out those too man. That and Levi Garrett LOL
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    My first cigar was JDN Antano then after a month pause- Padron 1926 80th and here I am.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    RyJ Churchill en Tubo I got for Christmas. That was a damn fine cigar, enough to make me a professional hobbyist.
  • Rammer13Rammer13 Posts: 21
    My first was a Baccarat, I remember it being sweat on the tip.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Cuban Cigar Factory house blend I bought from the Del Mar fair.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Probably a "Tueros". No idea if they even make them anymore. Either that or an ISOM R&J Tubo. Not much selection in a small town then or now. Had a Cohiba sigloII around the same time. Not sure which of those really got me started....it was such a long time ago.