Home Ratings & Reviews

Long Ash Cigars Tampa, FL -- Lancero vitola

Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
Long Ash Cigars -- no name lancero

During my trip to Tampa, I traveled by a rail car to old downtown (Ybor City). There are cigar bars every block, and you can smell cigar smoke in the air everywhere. It's fantastic. I visited Long Ash Cigars and purchased a few of their in-shop rolled cigars. Very helpful, and the cigars looked good! You can purchase them online as well...

This particular Lancero shape I do not see listed on their site. Then only info I got when I bought it was, "It's mild" lol!! That leaves a little be be desired, so I will give some thoughts as I smoke it.

The skinny cigar is a medium-brown color, with a slightly rough veiny wrapper. Nice little pigtail cap. The smell is incredibly sweet, and barnyard-esque. Slightly squishy, but firm, uncaps easily and reveals a firm draw. It is still a little too moist from when I bought it. Prelight draw yields the same sweet tobacco flavor and just a very slight bitter finish

The first few puffs are incredibly flavorful, despite the firm draw. Very smooth, no pepper and a thick, almost creamy quality to the smoke. The entire draw can be exhaled through the nose. The finish is deep and slightly sweet. Im getting an oily feeling on my lips from the wrapper.

I am impressed so far! I will udate as it burns along.
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

Halfway through, the sweet tobacco flavors contine. Smoke output is great, with nice thick, white smoke. Still a creamy, oily feel, and a great sweet smelling room note. This stick is not harsh or bitter at all, little to no spice, and no pepper. Developing a toffee flavor on the retrohale. Still a great smoke! It would pair very well with coffee, anytime of day.
    Ended, with about the same body as it started. Mild-med body, but very flavorful. The sweetness of thebtobacco remained prominent, and got a little toasty as it burned down. Im glad I bought 2! This was a great smoke.

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for taking my request to post up a review, really loved the style of you posting as it is smoking, very different but WAY kewl Gray! The toffee note with cream especially is a fav of mine in natural wrapper mild cigars, feel like it really brings out the highlight for smoking a refined and balanced skinny smoke... Great description and keep up the awesome work and keep the reviews coming bro!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Thanks brett! I was too excited to smoke this thing, and didnt want to forget my thoughts, lol. So it was a "review as I go"

This cigar had the best sweet tobacco taste I've ever experienced. It wasn'tparticularly complex, but very good! I hope they are all this great. I appreciate your input, dude.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Thanks for taking my request to post up a review, really loved the style of you posting as it is smoking, very different but WAY kewl Gray! The toffee note with cream especially is a fav of mine in natural wrapper mild cigars, feel like it really brings out the highlight for smoking a refined and balanced skinny smoke... Great description and keep up the awesome work and keep the reviews coming bro!
    +1 nice review, makes me want to head to Fl right now!
    Tampa was a fantastic visit. It was mostly business (I presented a paper on economic stuff) but I'd love to go back. Weather was beautiful, even though all the locals said it was cold!! (Mid 70's Lol!)
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Very cool review Gray! Gotta love a good house blend lancero!
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I loved the review gray. I'm a skinny lover myself, but I have zero lanceros in my stash. Tons of coronas and corona gordas. I have to start searching for some or split a few boxes. Keep the reviews coming gray.
    Thanks guys! Blurr, in the future you can always contact me for a split on some long and skinnies. Im maxed on the budget for a little while though!