Home Ratings & Reviews

Weekend Blitz and DD?

What do you think of the Blitz and Hair of the dog DD? I have been wanting to try the Hair of the dog for a while and I might pick those up, but is the blitz a good deal? Are they a good smoke?

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rammer13:
    What do you think of the Blitz and Hair of the dog DD? I have been wanting to try the Hair of the dog for a while and I might pick those up, but is the blitz a good deal? Are they a good smoke?
    Haven't smoked a Hair of the Dog, but seems like a fair price for the DD. FWIW, I've always had great luck with the other Diesels ...

The Gran Habano are a good smoke for the price.
    For $2/stick I think they're a good yard 'gar .... not the most complex smokes in the world but the few I've had were well constructed and burned nicely. Thinking about getting some myself to smoke while working in the yard.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    The GH vintage is a nice smoke for the price. It had a unique flavor for me, I couldn't put my finger on it though. I would give the others a shot at that price just because of the vintage though!
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    insomnniapb:
    The GH vintage is a nice smoke for the price. It had a unique flavor for me, I couldn't put my finger on it though. I would give the others a shot at that price just because of the vintage though!
    Smoked them all. The 2002 does have an earthy,leather musty sweet taste thats appealing.
    But as mentioned no real complexity, just a good morning cigar with coffee. Worth the buck.
    Now the DD on the Griffins is a great deal for the conny lover.
    Made by Davidoff I believe, they are a great gar for that price.
    Enjoyed the one I had on the golf course.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Rammer13Rammer13 Posts: 21
    I never had the Griffins but I might enjoy those. Ill probably get the Hair of the dog and get the weekend blitz. If it turns out I don't like Gran Habano's then I can just give them to my friends who smoke every now and them with me.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Rammer13:
    I never had the Griffins but I might enjoy those. Ill probably get the Hair of the dog and get the weekend blitz. If it turns out I don't like Gran Habano's then I can just give them to my friends who smoke every now and them with me.
    Sounds like the perfect plan !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Rammer13Rammer13 Posts: 21
    So I went to buy the hair of the dogs and there not there? Where did they go, I was really looking forward to getting some.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Rammer13:
    So I went to buy the hair of the dogs and there not there? Where did they go, I was really looking forward to getting some.

Oh man, they must have sold out. Whenever a DD sells out they put something else up in it's place. If you really wanted them I'm sure you could email or call someone at c.com. If they couldn't give you the exact same price I'm sure they would do everything they could to get as close to that price as possible.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your a fan of the punisher but don't dig the pepper the Intensus on today's DD might be up your alley. I always like to have some in the humi.