Home Non Cigar Related

God help the People Of Boston

curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
You may not have heard but 2 explosions at the Boston Marathon. Several casualties. Looks like another attack on our nation. God Bless the U.S.A. We will not be defeated.
Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961

Comments

• StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    They've found many bombs on the course that didn't go off. 2 deaths as of now and 23 people injured. Many of them they're saying are gravely injured
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank God the other devices didn't go off.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Just turned my TV on and saw this. Jesus.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    3rd explosion (not controlled) at JFK Library was confirmed fyi. My thoughts to Boston.

EDIT: Appears fire related
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Been watching it for awhile now, very upsetting news.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    My wife was at a medical appointment a mile away from the blast site when they went off. She was able to get out of town safety minutes before the whole area was sealed off by police.

If and when they find the b**tards who did this, I'll volunteer to do the waterboarding.
    It's hard being so close...
    They're now locking down most of Boston. There's a no fly zone in and around the city. They went over traffic cameras and saw someone that had been carrying multiple backpacks. I also heard that they're searching tufts university.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been watching since it broke. There is a lot of unconfirmed info as of right now. I am 10 miles away from the area...... Im at a loss for words.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    Ive been watching since it broke. There is a lot of unconfirmed info as of right now. I am 10 miles away from the area...... Im at a loss for words.
    Hang in there bud. We are all feeling you. Take care.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    CNN just said an 8 year old child is one of the people who were killed. Beyond sad.
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Posts: 278
    My thoughts and prayers are for the people there right now :(. My God's grace shine on them and help them during this hour.
    Pete glad to hear your safe. When I first heard the first Person I thought of was you.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:
    My thoughts and prayers are for the people there right now :(. My God's grace shine on them and help them during this hour.
    Amen
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Jasonc1982:
    Amen
    Yes, +1. Amen and Amen
    Stsepas:
    Pete glad to hear your safe. When I first heard the first Person I thought of was you.
    RobGreen usually goes into Boston every year for the Marathon......He didnt go this year.......
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vision:
    Stsepas:
    RobGreen usually goes into Boston every year for the Marathon......He didnt go this year.......
    Just heard the news a little earlier. How terrible... prayers to everyone up there.

Very good to hear Rob was not there.... scary
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just saw this here, going to check it out. Wow! Now what?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    I watch about an hour of TV a week.... I havent left my couch since 4
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    My prayers and deepest sympathy to the citizens of Boston.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy ass people..geezus everywhere you turn...lemming zealots...that can't or won't think for themselves. My prayers to everyone affected by this B.S.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Now they're saying the bombs were detonated strategically, basic military strategy - set up and ambush/bomb 1 that drives panicking people towards the real assault/bomb 2. They're saying now that there's at least 5 more they've found or that failed to go off and cops can't say whether there are more or not.

Patriot Day in Massachusetts, on the third Monday of April, meant to commemorate the battles of Lexington and Concord - very symbolic days.
    xmacro:
    Now they're saying the bombs were detonated strategically, basic military strategy - set up and ambush/bomb 1 that drives panicking people towards the real assault/bomb 2. They're saying now that there's at least 5 more they've found or that failed to go off and cops can't say whether there are more or not.

Patriot Day in Massachusetts, on the third Monday of April, meant to commemorate the battles of Lexington and Concord - very symbolic days.
    Yup, Yup, and Yup.... Fvcking sucks man... Im not the touchy feely type but I dont want to go to work tomorrow... I just want to be with my wife and son.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    My god, there were ball bearings in the bombs. CNN "[Update, 7:57 p.m. ET] Doctors are "pulling ball bearings out of people in the emergency room," a terrorism expert briefed on the investigation told CNN's Deborah Feyerick.

The same source said the blasts resulted in at least 10 lost limbs."

Also from CNN "[Update, 8:55 p.m. ET] A Saudi national with a leg wound was under guard at a Boston hospital in connection with the bombings at the Boston Marathon, but investigators cannot say he is involved at this time and he is not in custody, a law enforcement official said Monday evening."

From what I've read they were looking for a dark skinned or black male with a foreign accent, which is exactly what we don't need. Not another conflict in the Middle East..
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    We will not waver; we will not tire; we will not falter, and we will not fail. Peace and Freedom will prevail.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    We will not waver; we will not tire; we will not falter, and we will not fail. Peace and Freedom will prevail.
    AMEN
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see they've shot one of the suspects. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll shoot the other one, thus avoiding 24 hour coverage of the trial, as it's bound to last for years. Think about it, they're still trying that idiot in Aurora CO, asking the already answered question; "Is he insane?". OF COURSE HE'S INSANE!, he shot up a movie theater, and you caught him red-handed. Give me a break.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    The news is insane right now. Boston is shut down and they are on a manhunt for the 2'nd bombing suspect! Sounds like the 2 in question are brothers and that the first one may have had a bomb with him that blew him up he may have been shot also. A police officer was killed apparently also. Car chase, bombs being thrown out etc. wow
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    I see they've shot one of the suspects. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll shoot the other one, thus avoiding 24 hour coverage of the trial, as it's bound to last for years.
    That's exactly the reason why I hope they catch the other one alive. To find out what drove them (a pair of brothers from Russia or the former Soviet bloc apparently) to commit this act, who their handlers were (if any), and why they did it. I think that every single victim of this tragedy and their families deserves the chance to see this ba***rd brought to justice, to attend their trial and, hopefully if convicted as a federal terrorism act, to witness their execution. I get the feeling, however that he won't be caught alive.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Nice line however I think this country already has failed. I mean look at how 9-11 changed this country? No longer are we a brave country. I'm sure smart networks that want to attack this country know that we as a country will gladly give up our rights and openess not to mention break laws for the false sense of safety. However the only way to truly win against these people is to treat them like thugs and not strip our own freedoms.

This bomb attack was really horrible and already you got congress pissing about immigration and I'm just waiting until someone wants to start invading some Russian provence or something just like what happened on 9-11. However since these two were Russian maybe some won't make this out as a war against some religion. I dunno, however if these two were Muslim there would be a huge spin on this. I hope this other person who is on the run lives so we may know more about why the two of them did this.