Home Ratings & Reviews

New Bueso -- Odyssey

pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
Just saw this as I was digging through the big list o' cigars. No images here or the sister site. It's a conny, which is intriguing to me. Anybody heard much about this? I recently had the Genisis for the first time and enjoyed it immensely.

Comments

• HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Just saw it in the new catalogue I got yesterday. Says 'coming soon' so I don't know anything but am definitely intriguied.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to try this!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds really good!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Sounds interesting. Had the maddy and its an interesting smoke as he intended.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    medium body with a Connecticut seed honduran grown wrapper? im in.
    CCom has them in stock right now. Should I....? YES!
    Rain:
    I saw that! But I just ordered some yesterday and am probably done for at least 2-3 months. Sigh...
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Now there's a picture aaaaaaaaaaaaand I added one to my order.
    Gray4lines:
    Rain:
    I saw that! But I just ordered some yeasterday and am probably done for at least 2-3 months. Sigh...
    Wait, I forgot about the money part....DANG!!!!
    Rain:
    Gray4lines:
    Rain:
    I saw that! But I just ordered some yeasterday and am probably done for at least 2-3 months. Sigh...
    Wait, I forgot about the money part....DANG!!!!
    Will work for smokes!

I'd so only eat peanutbutter sammiches if I could buy loads of cigars... but my wife might not be happy about it
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Rain:
    I saw that! But I just ordered some yesterday and am probably done for at least 2-3 months. Sigh...
    I always say that too ....

.... but then I come across a post like this, alerting me to a new brand/line.

BTW --- Rain, did you??? If so report back once you smoke one!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Didn't really care for the Genesis Project. Tasted more like a "project" than a finalized blend. Not a Connie wrapper fan for the most part so I will probably sit this one out. Would I try it, maybe if I got to smoke more often but given the Genesis and the Connie wrapper on this, I'm not wasting my "once every couple months" smoking opportunity on some iffy stick
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Rain:
    I have not been a big Conny fan in the past but I would give these a try. If you want to split a box let me know..... I also have some of your sticks from the big pass so we need to get together one of these days.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    Didn't really care for the Genesis Project. Tasted more like a "project" than a finalized blend. Not a Connie wrapper fan for the most part so I will probably sit this one out. Would I try it, maybe if I got to smoke more often but given the Genesis and the Connie wrapper on this, I'm not wasting my "once every couple months" smoking opportunity on some iffy stick

I feel the same way.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Ill trade for a few before I buy. Definitely interested though, as I dig conny, but nt Honduran so much.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Well, there's a robusto currently making its way to me. I'll give it a week or two and set fire to it. I also tossed in a Don Sixto as I am looking for some connies for summertime.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Hopefully it will be on the dd soon. I called ccom today and five packs of toros are 28.50$ almost bit but I'm getting married in two months and most of my money is currently tied up in that. I wonder if ccom has a wedding registry function........ Hmmm
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Imgembo:
    Hopefully it will be on the dd soon. I called ccom today and five packs of toros are 28.50$ almost bit but I'm getting married in two months and most of my money is currently tied up in that. I wonder if ccom has a wedding registry function........ Hmmm

My living situation went kind of the reverse direction (not divorce, just breakup) so I decided the hell with it and ordered a fiver. Amazing how much my cigar budget has grown being single again...
    perkinke:
    Imgembo:

My living situation went kind of the reverse direction (not divorce, just breakup) so I decided the hell with it and ordered a fiver. Amazing how much my cigar budget has grown being single again...
    Now that's staying positive. Sucks about the break up but at least you found some good in it :) tell us how they are after you try one.
    Imgembo:
    perkinke:
    Imgembo:

Now that's staying positive. Sucks about the break up but at least you found some good in it :) tell us how they are after you try one.
    Also just hit 500 woot!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    It helps to have friends in high places...lol. IMAG0145
    SleevePlz:
    You know you are obligated to review it. Inquiring minds want to know.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Imgembo:
    perkinke:
    Imgembo:

Well hey, when it's right it's right, when it's not it's not. Not the first time cupid has kicked me in the...head, that's for sure. ;)

But congrats on your upcoming wedding and passing 500! I'm just hoping the weather cooperates for a while longer so I can fire one up when they come in.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Imgembo:
    SleevePlz:
    You know you are obligated to review it. Inquiring minds want to know.
    Trident and Moose should have a video review up later tonight. Stay tuned.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:

Different it was.
    But I only had one.
    Have one sitting and will try it later then give it a good yea or nea.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Just pulled the trigger on a box, loved the Genesis.
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Review will be posted soon. Stay tuned folks. It's an amazing cigar.
    jadelt:
    Rain:
    I have not been a big Conny fan in the past but I would give these a try. If you want to split a box let me know..... I also have some of your sticks from the big pass so we need to get together one of these days.
    Hmm..10 for 40ish is not a bad deal.
    Rain:
    jadelt:
    Rain:
    Hmm..10 for 40ish is not a bad deal.
    Andy D says:

Samplers are coming soon...