Home Cigar 101

Treasure dome cigar humidor?

Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
I just picked uo a 250 ct. Treasure dome cigar humidor and am in the process of seasoning it. It comes with a spanish cedar aerator. Does this aerator remain on the bottom of the humidor or is it meant to be a shelf? Thanks for any responses

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Pics please. I have the treasure dome but it's 300ct...wonder if we're talking about the same thing.
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Pics please. I have the treasure dome but it's 300ct...wonder if we're talking about the same thing.
    here is the aerator. Not sure if its supposed to be left on the bottom or moved up to the shelf. image
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it fit as a shelf? If so, that makes sense given the name "aerator." It will lift the cigars on top off of the botton layer (supposedly) facilitating air flow. If left on the bottom, it's more like a crumb catcher. Really whatever you prefer, neither use will hurt anything. Id imagine shelf was its intended purpose.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Be careful with that water splash though (assuming that's what it is) that's a great way to warp the wood, or so I've been told.
  • AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    Nice humidor! That can only mean one thing.... MORE CIGARS!!!

Congratulations!
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
    Is this what the outside looks like?image
    Yep thats it. Except mines a 250ct. Wish I would have gotten the 300. Im already looking for another one. Lol
    Mine did not come with your shelf..thing. Lemme see if I can find a pic of the inside.
    imageimage
    Quite a few bovead's in there!
    Old pics, but yeah...had a few haha. Having so few sticks in there made it hard to keep stable RH.
    Rain:
    Old pics, but yeah...had a few haha. Having so few sticks in there made it hard to keep stable RH.
    Ooh, ok. I thought it looked kinda sparsely populated in there :(
    Gray4lines:
    Rain:
    Ooh, ok. I thought it looked kinda sparsely populated in there :(
    That was at latest Novmber, because I smoked that Trinidad from Dustin on November 10th. These are current, just to make you feel better. I see now that I do indeed have the shelf thing you mentioned.imageimage
    So I guess it stays on the bottom then.
    Well, that's just where mine is. Not sure if that's correct or not.
    Is that.... I think it is..... kitty litter. Another litter user.... does everyone use the stuff on this forum?!??!? I really feel like the odd man out for not! Sorry, couldn't help commenting.
    Nope, those are beads!
    whew.... so, I am not alone! Feels good brother!
    Im putting a hydra unit in mine.
    Seems a little...too much? Whatever works for you bro!
    Going active!!!
    Why did musicman3 rate this thread one star?
    What did do to tick him off? Did you bomb him with a bunch of White Owls or Swishers?
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks to me like you might be missing a tray just by the way the inside of the humi is made with that lip on 2 sides.
    If you look at mine, the top part is two seperate trays. Is that what you mean?
    Yeah it looks like it was meant to hold a tray to me.
    Yep, it has 2 trays on the top and I guess the aerator grid stays on th.e bottom
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    i have and love this humidor. That stays at the bottom to help with air and humidity circulation down there. That wood is thick, so dont rush the seasoning. But that thickness really helps maintain Rh very well.
    PsychoSJG:
    i have and love this humidor. That stays at the bottom to help with air and humidity circulation down there. That wood is thick, so dont rush the seasoning. But that thickness really helps maintain Rh very well.
    Well there you go then. I've not seen it before but it makes sense. The holes would allow for more air flow than a flat bottom.
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    I wish I had a tray (plate with holes in it) just like that for my humi. I would just layer the bottom of the humi with my beads and set the plate on top. Seems like it would work great for that. Or I guess KL would be ok too as long as you keep your cat out.