Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Not KS, but close. It is a numbered model by Colt but not the 1911, although there was a version of the 1911 that was practically the same and prceded this model.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    rdnstn:
    hmm, no guesses? Well here is another clue. The gun I carry is made by the original manufacturer of the 1911 and although nearly identical it is not one.
    Missouri, Colt 1991 .45... and for secondary, S&W M&P .40
  • Options
    wrong direction cholmes and if nobody wins this soon, I will have to give it to the one that is closest.
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    wrong direction cholmes and if nobody wins this soon, I will have to give it to the one that is closest.
    Ok, I give up... last guess... Nebraska. But I stick with my guess on the guns. Colt 1991 .45, and S&W M&P .40 for backup
  • Options
    Alright, I didn't realize that this game was already going on a week and a half so I am calling it due to lack of interest mostly. I do pronounce cholmes the winner though. He correctly guessed that my carry piece is a Colt 1991. This was the successor to the Colt 1911 Officer's ACP. It is the perfect carry piece being a single stack, it is slim and fits nicely against the body and the 3.5" barrel makes so that it doesn't protrude too much and give that tell tale lump under the shirt. For those that were wondering, the state is Colorado, which happens to be my home state and the state I just moved from last year. My backup piece is a Keltec P3AT. It is a tiny .380 powerhouse that is smaller than my wallet

cholmes, PM me your addy and I will get a package out to you.
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    Alright, I didn't realize that this game was already going on a week and a half so I am calling it due to lack of interest mostly. I do pronounce cholmes the winner though. He correctly guessed that my carry piece is a Colt 1991. This was the successor to the Colt 1911 Officer's ACP. It is the perfect carry piece being a single stack, it is slim and fits nicely against the body and the 3.5" barrel makes so that it doesn't protrude too much and give that tell tale lump under the shirt. For those that were wondering, the state is Colorado, which happens to be my home state and the state I just moved from last year. My backup piece is a Keltec P3AT. It is a tiny .380 powerhouse that is smaller than my wallet

cholmes, PM me your addy and I will get a package out to you.
    dam! I typed the keltec in and deleted it like three times. Kept going between it, the kahr .380, and the S&W. I knew you said you like the more powerful pieces.

Pm sent
  • Options
    Ok, in sticking with the firearms theme, what was the first gun I owned, and what age did I receive it as a gift?
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'll go with a 410 Shotgun, age 12?
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    I'll go with a 410 Shotgun, age 12?
    no. Close though
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I think everybody forgot about this thread . I'll take a shot (no pun intended) A .22 rifle age 14
  • Options
    20 Guage, age 13?
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    My dad got me a 12 gauge for Christmas when I was 12. There's my guess.
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    the type of gun is a shotgun (tell me caliber) and I was obviously hunting before y'all. I was fairly young. I'll check back tomorrow and give a final hint if needed.
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    cabinetmaker:
    the type of gun is a shotgun (tell me caliber) and I was obviously hunting before y'all. I was fairly young. I'll check back tomorrow and give a final hint if needed.
    last hint. if no more guesses by tomorrow, I'm calling this one and awarding to the closest person.

The type of shotgun has already been named, and I was older than 5, younger than 10.
  • Options
    Last guess: 20 Gauge, age 8
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Last guess: 20 Gauge, age 8
    Alien wins by default and general lack of interest in this thread. He guessed the correct caliber, 410 shotgun, and was closest to the age. I was given a Remington breach action 410 shotgun by my grandfather at age 6. I was shooting it and a .357 S&W (with my Dad bracing it and helping of course) at that age.

Send me your addy, I'll try and get the package out Monday.
  • Options
    I'll get a question up this evening...
  • Options
    I have four "hero" type characters from cartoons, comics, and video games I loved when I was a kid tattooed on my back....who are they?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Captain America, Green Lantern, Superman, Spider man.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey alien... I have seen some of your tattoos you posted here previously... I hope you do the same with the winning answer..
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    You got one right.
  • Options
    Spider Man, Batman , Wolverine, Hulk
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    j0z3r:
    You got one right.
    Superman, Super Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog and Hulk
  • Options
    So far the Hulk and Spider-Man have been named. The other two aren't primarily known for comics, one is a video game hero and the other is known primarily from a cartoon.
  • Options
    2 outta 4 ain't bad Tony ...now I've got about 4 hours left before I take another shot. the last two if you can give the hint ...are they human or critter ?
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    alienmisprint:
    So far the Hulk and Spider-Man have been named. The other two aren't primarily known for comics, one is a video game hero and the other is known primarily from a cartoon.
    Hulk, Spidey, Rachet and Clank and of course the Tazmanian Devil
  • Options
    gmill880:
    2 outta 4 ain't bad Tony ...now I've got about 4 hours left before I take another shot. the last two if you can give the hint ...are they human or critter ?
    Well, I guess if the two categories are human and critter, they would both fall into "other". One is pretty close to human though.
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    alienmisprint:
    Hulk, Spidey, Rachet and Clank and of course the Tazmanian Devil
    Nope, and to narrow it down a bit, the video game and cartoon I pulled these two from are both from the 80's (although they have both appeared in newer versions since then).
  • Options
    spiderman -hulk-the phanthom-super hedgehog
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Spider man, Hulk, Mega Man, Secret Squirrel.