Home Ratings & Reviews

Regius Robusto

mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
Guy at my local B&M talked me into picking these up. I have not tried it yet but will probably get it in this weekend. Has anyone else heard of these?

http://www.acigarsmoker.com/2012/07/31/regius-robusto-cigar-review/

He said that they were extremely creamy so I'm excited bc the price point wasn't that bad either!

Comments

• blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Sounds pretty tasty, let us know your experience. I've seen several "previously available in europe only" cigars recently that are just now being released in the US. I get that they have to blend to compete with cubans there, but a good cigar is a good cigar so we'll see how they all are soon.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    DUDE...how much? PM me please...I'd like you to pick some up for me. Black band and white band if they have them... Let's just say I had one, and they are amazing. The owner Akhil is a good dude, talked to him the other day, but they are B&M only. I'll trade, PP, whatever... The black band is a Plasencia Nica puro, the white band a MATASA DC puro by Quesada. Akhil blended these for the Euro palate so I LOVED the one I had, which was the black band.
    blurr:
    Sounds pretty tasty, let us know your experience. I've seen several "previously available in europe only" cigars recently that are just now being released in the US. I get that they have to blend to compete with cubans there, but a good cigar is a good cigar so we'll see how they all are soon.
    These guys compete very well with Habanos in Europe, so much so they do not need the US. Trust me when I say it is on par with Habanos easily. For the money, it is a great cigar.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    blurr:
    These guys compete very well with Habanos in Europe, so much so they do not need the US. Trust me when I say it is on par with Habanos easily. For the money, it is a great cigar.
    Got ya covered bro! Thx for the text! Glad I got your number now too!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    catfishbluezz:
    blurr:
    May I tag along as well?
    Bigshizza:
    mmccartneydc:
    catfishbluezz:
    blurr:
    May I tag along as well?
    Of course bro! I'd be honored!
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    I want some !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
    curtpick:
    I want some !
    Curt, I'll see what I can do, the local B&m only had one open box but the parent company is where I may be meeting Taylor tomorrow. I'm sure they'll have them. I let you know!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that Petronius Arbiter who they mention on their site is an excellent read too. Fascinating slice of life who I highly recommend.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Shoot there is a smoke shop about 30 mins from my house that is listed on their site as a dealer. Sounds like I may have to make a trip this week...Will let everyone know what i find.
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    I Have a shop about 10 min from work that carries these. Just picked up a couple today. Anyone interested, let me know too.
    mmccartneydc:
    curtpick:
    I want some !
    Curt, I'll see what I can do, the local B&m only had one open box but the parent company is where I may be meeting Taylor tomorrow. I'm sure they'll have them. I let you know!

Thanks Matt !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    I like a few if you could pick some up for me please. Thanks, Chuck
    Bad news guys. I was planning on buying a box and then divying them up between those that have asked for them. Unfortunately, the place that I met Taylor last night was supposed to have them, but was out. So now I am going back to my local place to see if he can order me a box. If so, then I'll let you all know! Sorry for the tease!
    I found some. Thanks to ehehat.
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Chuck N:
    I found some. Thanks to ehehat.
    Yeah guys, if anyone is interested I found them online for less than 7.00/stick.
    No problem ! Thanks for tryin man !
    I'm bumping this in hopes that Dustin will smoke one soon!
    I bought some but haven't tried one yet.
    mmccartneydc:
    slated for late next week. We are also working on getting Akhil on CigarChat as well.
    Chuck N:
    Which one did you get, bc I there is a bag with your name on it in my humi! LOL
    catfishbluezz:
    mmccartneydc:
    slated for late next week. We are also working on getting Akhil on CigarChat as well.
    Can't wait!
    mmccartneydc:
    Chuck N:
    mmccartneydc:
    Chuck N:
    I got the robustos. My mailman has strict orders to return all packages to sender. So dont even try. Lol
    Chuck N:
    mmccartneydc:
    Chuck N:
    I got the robustos. My mailman has strict orders to return all packages to sender. So dont even try. Lol
    Well, looks like Fedex it is then! LOL, no there is a black label and a White label. Was curious which you got?
    I got the black label. Damn FedEx!!
    Chuck N:
    LOL, little history about me. When I feel I need to send someone a package, I just put a ziploc in my humi with their name on it. If there's no hurry, then I just pay attention and put a stick in their bag from time to time. When its full, its off to the PO or Fedex in your case. So as of now, your bag has one stick in it!
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    mmccartneydc:
    Chuck N:
    LOL, little history about me. When I feel I need to send someone a package, I just put a ziploc in my humi with their name on it. If there's no hurry, then I just pay attention and put a stick in their bag from time to time. When its full, its off to the PO or Fedex in your case. So as of now, your bag has one stick in it!
    Ouch!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    Chuck N:
    I also do this from time to time. Helps me remember what people I'm looking to bomb are looking for. Otherwise, When the time come I have no idea what to send them.
    taythegibs:
    mmccartneydc:
    Chuck N:
    Ouch!
    Oh you got one too! Lol, good thing I've got a place to keep all the bags with names on them!!!!!