Home Ratings & Reviews

Soooo..... the Filthy Hooligan

mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
Sorry to mislead anyone who thinks this is a review but I just wanted to say that I tried one of the Filthy Hooligans, that kingjk729 was so nice to let me go in with him on, at the bar last night and I have to say, what a disaster. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't smoke it. I smoked about an inch and a half to 2 inches and had to put it down. I then had to run outside and lick the southbound end of a northbound mule to get the taste out of my mouth. Maybe it was something I drank or something I ate that just didn't pair, I dunno. The plus side is I figured out that I dont like Candella's. I ended the night with a tasty San Lotano Oval so all was well. Anyone else have a better or worse experience?

Comments

• deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    mfotis:
    Sorry to mislead anyone who thinks this is a review but I just wanted to say that I tried one of the Filthy Hooligans, that kingjk729 was so nice to let me go in with him on, at the bar last night and I have to say, what a disaster. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't smoke it. I smoked about an inch and a half to 2 inches and had to put it down. I then had to run outside and lick the southbound end of a northbound mule to get the taste out of my mouth. Maybe it was something I drank or something I ate that just didn't pair, I dunno. The plus side is I figured out that I dont like Candella's. I ended the night with a tasty San Lotano Oval so all was well. Anyone else have a better or worse experience?
    agreed...horrible
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    I had an aweful experience with a candela once and haven't had the courage to try another. Is there something I am missing here because it sounds like they can be good sometimes? (and they used to be popular, right?)
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    If anyone wants the remaining 4 that I have please PM me.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mfotis:
    If anyone wants the remaining 4 that I have please PM me.
    I was wanting to try some candela's, but I'm not sure now. Lol!!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    I in no way want to discourage you from giving them a try; this was just my experience with them.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    I actually enjoyed my first Hooligan this weekend mfotis, so if you need a home for them, let me know!
    There going to someone, so if you want them shoot me a PM
  • Worst cigar experience I've had.

• ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    BeltFanDan:
    Worst cigar experience I've had. image
    That makes me sad i really wanted to give these a try but i there have been almost no success stories.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    PM to you mfotis, and Jim, don't give up on them just yet. I enjoyed the one I had and it didnt get that beat up!
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    I have tried one.. it was good.. wrapper is/was very fragile so i had some splitting and stuff but it didn't take away from the smoke for me.. I wont go looking for them but i wouldn't turn one down if given one..
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Just recently bought 2 five paks of these because when I started smoking cigars I pretty much stayed with the candela wrapper and loved them. This reminded me of those days when I ordered and tried one a couple of weeks ago...my thoughts were these: It's not the Candela of old and the taste is medium at best. The flavor profile is not particularly balanced and it seemed to bounce all over the place trying to find it's core. I never got a "core" flavor and that's the problem...I can taste a lot of different flavors on the smoke wheel but this cigar just seemed to be something that they just threw in a lot of different tobacco leaves and mixed them up and hoped for the best. I've got 9 left and will see what rest does for them...hope I'm surprised but I won't cross my fingers.