Home Cigar 101
Options

re-felting the bottom of a humidor

thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
well this is my take on re-felting the bottom of a humidor, outside bottom
i have had this humidor since 2007, it's pretty rare now, it is a cao brazilia vs. italia humidor,
when i got this i was at a cao event at kenny the kings in volo il,
it came with 5 of each brazilia and italia cigars, plus i got a free box of cao pirahna with it for a $100 for the humidor
it has been on the same shelf put away for the last 3yrs. when i pulled t out the bottom felt was coming off, so i decided t pull it off, after checking the bottom i realized the bottom was basicly a peice of cedar, i decided to correct any gaps with some wood glue on the bottom outside, everything filled in great,
i purchased some felt i went with a navy blue fits the humidor great color wise,it a double the thickness of what was used originally
now i taped the humi shut, masked the whole lower part then masked with paper on the upper to catch any over spray of adhesive
sprayed both parts with a nice layer of adhesive,
image image
waited for them to tack over and then applied and used a roller to press them tight together, resprayed the cornersand pressed them down, let it sit for about 5 mins to bond, now i used a flame to burn the edges of loose felt or frays to melt in
and heres the end result, still a looker
[image image

Comments

• Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks great! Bonus points to you for doing a great job! Wicked awesome humi!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man that's a very cool looking humi
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Now that's a DIY Project that we all can get into... and I like the way that humid looks...
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice job. Thanks for sharing that.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    on a related note...

how was the britalia? (brizilia and italia in one cigar) i always wanted one. maybe i should add that to the bucket list.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    cant remember, been so long and have smoked so many since, but thats a good question