Home Non Cigar Related

Back yard camp out

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Last night we decided to have a camp out for our 4 year old daughter. So we set up our tent and have a fire in out fire pit. We roasted hot dogs and made smores. lounged out in the grass till the sun went down and climbed into the tent and went to sleep... or at least tried! WHEN DID I GET TOO OLD TO SLEEP ON THE GROUND?!?!? Man oh man. my entire body is off kilter! i turn 29 on saturday... i shouldnt be having these issues for at least another 11 years! lol All in all it was a great time. :) I cut my thumb and index finger open with one of my knives... but i kinda deserved it. lol
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    WHEN DID I GET TOO OLD TO SLEEP ON THE GROUND?!?!? Man oh man. my entire body is off kilter! i turn 29 on saturday...
    BWAAaah-hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Just wait...
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    Amos Umwhat:
    LiquidChaos66:
    WHEN DID I GET TOO OLD TO SLEEP ON THE GROUND?!?!? Man oh man. my entire body is off kilter! i turn 29 on saturday...

DITTO!!!!!
    That's why I bought hammocks.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    pilgrimtex:
    Amos Umwhat:
    LiquidChaos66:

DITTO!!!!!
    That's why I bought hammocks.

I'm planning on it now!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like you still have a few good years left..lol..it's tough to get old.. In my head it's a different reality than what I feel everyday. Keep having fun with the kids, it'll keep you young as well.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Old is a state of mind. Shizz is right.
    We are looking into a queen size inflatable mattress. We have friends over when they come in from out of town. So we could use it for camping (which the tent conveniently is the right size for one) and for guests so they dont have to sleep on our couch. :)
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    We are looking into a queen size inflatable mattress. We have friends over when they come in from out of town. So we could use it for camping (which the tent conveniently is the right size for one) and for guests so they dont have to sleep on our couch. :)
    Yep those work well ! Love campfires and roastin marshmallows and smores, kids loved it, but I think I did just as much if not more, good times.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blow up mattresses at a must have when I'm "roughing it"
    We had been waiting for out daughter to reach a particular age where we could see that she was forming long lasting memories. before be was a kid that had the attention span and memory of a gnat. lol (not talking crap about her or anything... she is just a non stop kind of kid lol) we've done a lot this summer with her already and she is loving it! odd thing is... she hates roasted marshmallows! WTH really? lol ok i guess its a job for daddy to take care of. :)